How do celebrities keep their personal lives private?

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I was reading about a very well known actor who is roumored to be
gay but no one really knows as he keeps his personal life privy
private. With the media and instant communication the way it is
I just don't see how that is possible. How can anyone expect to keep their lives private anymore...these days (with those discount cards most
supermarkets expect you to use ...they can keep track of
what size condum you are wearing

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They might be able to keep track of what size condoms you buy, but that's no indication of cock size. I'm sure that the vast majority of XL condom sales are to guys curious to see just how loose a fit it'll be ;o)

To answer the question your thread title suggests: I was nothing like a 'household name' celebrity but it got to the stage where too many people wanted a piece of me and I felt I had no escape. I moved to the country, left no forwarding address, made sure my 'phone number was ex-directory and told my friends not to tell anyone anything. That was how I kept my personal life private.

pleasureboy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A lot of them live much of the time out of the open.

My mom is a kitchen and bath designer and over the years she's done a LOT of houses for athletes, actors, and celebrities. They've almost all been around lakes, in woods, or on country farms around Central Louisiana. From what I always understood the reason they moved there was because people either didn't notice them, or chose to respect their privacy.

I've been told the same by a few celebrities about why so many of them buy houses in New Orleans. They seem to really like that the locals ignore them. Some like John Goodman basically become locals and then yeah it's cool to give them a hello nod at a restaurant and if they feel like coming over to say hi it's all good. But for the most part, we tend to know this is where Barbara Streisand, or Brad and Angolina, or whomever live, but we choose to ignore them just like we'd hope anyone else would do for us.

I remember a few years ago I was walking through the French Quarter and about the 3rd time I saw the same kinda lost group of tourists I asked if I could help them find something. They were looking for Branjolina's place. I told them how in New Orleans the fact that we choose NOT to look for their houses are why those people like living here and asked whether they'd want someone tracking them down or staring at their house all the time. They looked at me kinda weirdly, but the 'dad' of the group seemed to agree and got everybody to go on to their next stop. Funny thing was that they were literally standing next to the house they were looking for, but I didn't think they needed to know that.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that most of the gay celebrities do stay very private, and hope that those who know will respect their privacy.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I actually think it is easy if they want it to be. We see some celebs appear to be mobbed but they are the ones that call ahead and tell people where they are. A hat and glasses blends most in the crwod when they want to blend

demcakes719

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It all depends on how well-known this actor of yours is.

That said the media has an "understanding," when it comes to reporting on the goings-on of gay stars. They don't report on them like the would a Jennifer Aniston or a Britney Spears. At least not yet. Anderson Cooper, Queen Latifah are the first waves of celebs who are being reported on, that are not OFFICIALLY out. Add Matt Bomer, a pre-out Ricky Martin & Jodie Foster to the mix as well.

But previous posters are correct to some extent--you give up your anonymity, but you don't fully give up your privacy, per se. It's actually easier than you think.

A lot happens here in Hollywood that newspapers, bloggers, and tabloids don't print--especially with gay celebrities. Especially.

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think those that are in the public eye constantly want to be there, showing off their children, homes, etc. I saw Neil Young explain that he and his wife decided they wanted their children to grow up away from any kind of fame - they simply chose not to expose them to that. They lived in a remote area and didn't advertise themselves.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think it would be horrible at times and flattering at others.

I dont think most celebrities can keep their lives very private though, someone is always peeking over their fences, or else hiding in the bushes.

Jude Law cant even change his swim suit in his own backyard without someone getting a few shots of it.

It's kinda fucked up how people cling to celebrities like they're going to bring happiness to them forever.