How do I build a webpage?

hungcuriousNC: I just registered a name with angelfire.com, but now what? I'm completely lost as to how to type on it or personalize it. I need someone with lots of patience and the will to help me complete my project. Anyone up for a small task?

ALSO, if you have any other ideas as to register a better webpage, please let me know. I only knew of angelfire.

Thanks!!

mindseye: Here's a start:

• Get a copy of Dreamweaver. There are other programs that will help you create a webpage, but Dreamweaver has the most comprehensive help and has a fairly nice interface.
  • Find someone else's page that you like. Click on "view" and drag down to "view source", and you can see the HTML code that generated the page. Cut and paste that code into Dreamweaver and make the changes you want. As you're doing so, you'll probably intuitively figure out a few things about how HTML works.
  • Start small! The fancier the bells and whistles on the page, the harder it will be to trouble-shoot it later. (And the more likely it is to break in other people's browsers.)

Angelfire is terrible, but free. After you've 'cut your teeth' for a few weeks, you'll probably want to move up to a better provider than Angelfire. Still, it's not too bad for starting out.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Better yet, get a copy of HTML 4 for Dummies. Those site-building programs tend to have various forms of broken HTML. I haven't used Dreamweaver, but none of them I've seen nest my <font> tags properly. Just use your text editor and save file foo as foo.html

Other than that, start small. The most annoying thing is sites that try to ring in all the latest technology.

happysucks: I like to build websites more then doing the content updates to them

My site: http://www.happysucks.com

I don't mind helping you out if you need it.

Message me on here (with the link thing at he top) and I'll get you my e-mail and we can work from there.

I also own 2 servers and adult content is ok on them so I'll help you out with that part too.

anyway, drop me a message if you want and I'll reply