how do i find the gay community in my area?

D_Dingus Nosedigger

Just Browsing
Media
Hey everyone!

I come from a smallish town and I am getting a bit of anxiety when it comes to finding gay hangouts and stuff in my area.

I live at college for almost the whole year and there are plenty of gay hangouts for me to enjoy. However, once i graduate in may and come back home, I'm going to be pretty much alone in my sexuality.

Are there any helpful resources that I can use to help find the local gay community? Thanks for the help!

avalonjim

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Not much going on out that way (my mom and dad live north of 78 over 3 one lane bridges off of route 100), your best bets are Allentown or Philly, but maybe some stuff happens at Kutztown at the University, I know they have a gay lesbian student group.

You can try this map or just a general Google search with your town's name plus the word "gay" in it. Seems to work well enough. Lot of places though don't have anything. I know because I live in a gay black hole. 400,000 people and not a single gay venue for over 50 miles.

loadeater

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
try the yellow pages in your area.. look up GAY, and usually you will see a listing for a gay community center somewhere near you..or a gay help line, or something to that effect..there is also an adult bookstore in kutztown..i think it's called cupids corner..gay sex on the second floor, and you can pick up local gay papers there too..it's on rt 222..good luck

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What are you plans after school?
perhaps you could open a gay friendly place.
for denizens like:
Interestsreading, writing, earning money at my boring job :)OccupationStudent/slackerGenderMaleSexual Orientation70% Gay, 30% Straight

or take one over

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Not much going on out that way (my mom and dad live north of 78 over 3 one lane bridges off of route 100), your best bets are Allentown or Philly, but maybe some stuff happens at Kutztown at the University, I know they have a gay lesbian student group.

Yeah haven't been there for a while, but there used to be several really popular gay bars in Allentown.

Also, is Reading the school, or the home?

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You can try this map or just a general Google search with your town's name plus the word "gay" in it. Seems to work well enough. Lot of places though don't have anything. I know because I live in a gay black hole. 400,000 people and not a single gay venue for over 50 miles.
According to your map, there is a place in Upper Nyack, only 37 miles :biggrin1:

Florida Boy

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Interesting, I googled my hometown in North Louisiana to see if anything he came up. Nothing. There is a gay counselor 30 miles away. That's probably one of the many reasons I don't live there anymore.