How do i get my friend to stop shaving his chest

hot97

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i have a friend....26 years old. he is in really good shape and could have a nice hairy chest but he is an admitted shaver:frown1::eek::mad::confused:. i tried telling him that it makes him lool like he has not gone through pubety. i showed him pics of celebs who now have a hairy chest becasue it is coming back in style. i think i am fighting a losing battle but what would you suggest i do to get him to stop. I think he is self contious about being hairy. but if three of his roomates are hairy and he is the only one that isnt, dont u think he would be self contions about not being hairy:confused:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
lol how much hair are we talking? Most girls I know find it sexy. Not furry like an animal... I have never ever dated a guy that shaved or waxed his chest. Public area only please. If he's straight you just need to convience him girls find it sexy :) It feels nice to rub against. Now that you've started this thread have him come look at the girls responses ;o) Maybe that will help.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
i have a friend....26 years old. he is in really good shape and could have a nice hairy chest but he is an admitted shaver:frown1::eek::mad::confused:.

You don't. He obviously likes a smooth chest. A lot of men prefer to show off muscles instead of hair. Be a true friend and accept him as is and not try to change him. He will respect you more for your acceptance.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am a huge admirer of hairy chests; but I'm a bigger advocate of letting people make their own choices about what they do to their body.

kit_kat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you're not sleeping with him then his chest belongs in category "none of your business".

What you like sexually is completely unrelated to what he should or shouldn't do with himself since he's not your sexual partner.

No wait are you sleeping with him? That would be a totally different situation you would have certain rights...

Last edited:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you're not sleeping with him then his chest belongs in category "none of your business".

What you like sexually is completely unrelated to what he should or shouldn't do with himself since he's not your sexual partner.

No wait are you sleeping with him? That would be a totally different situation you would have certain rights...

There is nobody on this entire planet that would have me shave my chest just cos they are involved with me. Don't like it, they know where the door is kinda thing. But you are very right about it not being anybody elses business.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You're not his mother, you're not his father, you're not his boyfriend....you're not him. If he wants to shave that is his decision only. He likes it, so leave him be.
I have also found the more you nag someone about something, the more adamant they are about sticking to his or her own deision.
Or it may be just a phase with him and he'll grow out of it.
Basically it is his body, his choice.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Body hair on human males is a secondary sex characteristic. Look it up.

Though chest hair isn't in all men and not in all races and ethnicities, so you're making a pretty wild generalisation there. Just because some body hair on some part of the body is a secondary sex characteristic doesn't mean that chest hair is a requirement of maculinity.

On topic, If your friend likes his chest shaved it's his business, how does it really effect you anyway?

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is nobody on this entire planet that would have me shave my chest just cos they are involved with me. Don't like it, they know where the door is kinda thing. But you are very right about it not being anybody elses business.

Right.

I stopped shaving my face because of tender skin and tough beard, and I'm not about to go to the trouble of shaving something else. How much to shave is an individual decision and really should not concern others. The same with how one dresses, what kind of car or motorcycle he has, etc. If someone shaves his chest, that's his own business.

Back when smoking was popular, people urged me to smoke but, being capable of thinking for myself and making my own decisions, I resented their trying to tell me what to do especially when they tried to get me to do something stupid.

As long as people are responsible and considerate about their choices, they should be permitted to make their own choices.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So am I not considered masculine because I'm naturally hair free?

Masculine looking and masculine acting are two very different things. Hairy chested guys can be Nellie and smooth guys can be stars of action movies. But body hair is much more prevalent on men than women. Biologically / genetically speaking -- body hair is a masculine trait.