How do I start a "penis site"

Media
I am interested in starting a fun "little" site that is about my musings on having a small penis. It will probably be mainly in fun, and hopefully can get a chuckle or two from people with both small and large cocks. For you computer experts, I have some basic questions.

I have started sites before. I have one on godaddy.com right now. But I don't know if I should use them for this. My concerns or questions.....
1. I would like the address to be something like "advantagesofsmallpenis.com" or "ilovemysmallpenis.com"......you get the idea. What is a good place that I can secure a web address like that?

2. Since this is mainly fun, I don't want to lay down a lot of $$. But I would also like some security. Once again, any ideas on the best place to go?

I suppose it would be mainly like a blog. Not totally sure. Also wondering if I could charge a small monthly fee. Sure it wouldn't get the traffic that a large penis site would, but I know there must be some small cock lovers out there that may pay to see or read. What do you think?

Thanks to all who give assistance. I don't have anything concrete yet, just thinking on the possibilities.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can register domain names on websites like godaddy and so forth and you can link them to a blog. Blogger offers a service which allows you to host a blog but have a full website address - so instead of
Code:
[I]www.mywebsiteaddress.blogspot.com[/I]
you could have
Code:
[I]www.mywebsiteaddress.com[/I]
but host it via Blogger. The benefit of blogger is that it's free and very easy to use.

Do some searching online and you should find some useful information. Some registration services may restrict access to what they consider adult content, so keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If you're going down the route of having your own domain name and hosting, I can't urge you enough NOT to buy your domain with the same people you get your hosting from...

Things go tits up at times, and hosting companies have a nasty habit of holding your domains hostage until you've met with whatever demands they wish to make.

Given the nature of the subject, you will have to check the conditions of any hosting company to ensure they allow adult content too.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have had several personal sites -- mainly blogs + galleries. I have also done work on my husband's business site...I used to maintain it entirely but now we do it through a company.

Anyway, we register our domains through godaddy.com. When we have needed hosting we have found hostgator.com to be good -- the rates are reasonable, the service is decent, and they allow adult sites.

If you want to install a message board in addition to a blog, you will need to have your own hosting, then use the hosting provider's tools to install blogging (wordpress is good) and bulletin board software. I haven't run my own bulletin board since a church site almost ten years ago, so I don't know much about what's best to use there.

If you want to make money off your site, the best way is to have advertising. Of course, for this to be at all profitable, you have to have traffic. You will need to find ways to get the word out on your site or you won't have enough traffic to make advertising worth anybody's time.

If you are just starting out a site, I would definitely not even consider making it a pay site! There are so many fun free sites on the web having to do with any subject imaginable; if someone finds a little upstart site and finds out they have to pay, they'll be out of there.

Once you are well-established and really have some valuable content to offer, then you can consider fee memberships.