How do Mormons view Gays

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Recently I was invited to go play basketball with at the Church of Latter day Saints. Once there I did not realize they were going to preach to me. I didn't mind because I did not know much about the Mormon religion and was interested in learning. It helps that the guy was cute also. The thing is I felt guilty because I was not sure how Mormon's view were on Gay's and I could not get the courage to ask the guy. Well he want's to preach to me more, and even gave me The book of Mormon to take home with me, plus some other pamphlets. Next week we are supposed to meet one on one so he can preach to me more, but after doing research tonight I realized the they do not agree with Homosexuality. My thing is I am not sure if I should mention I am gay the next time, or just listen and hope he doesnt want to preach any further.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, he'll preach on it. I went through so much preaching I just try to politely excuse myself, because these people and others are on a mission to convert. We already know this doesn't work with homosexuals, though some try to claim it does. I hope you don't waste too much time with those people. I did. The few to whom I told I was gay tried to convince me celibacy was a better choice if I could not change through much prayer and self-denial.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Recently I was invited to go play basketball with at the Church of Latter day Saints. Once there I did not realize they were going to preach to me. I didn't mind because I did not know much about the Mormon religion and was interested in learning. It helps that the guy was cute also. The thing is I felt guilty because I was not sure how Mormon's view were on Gay's and I could not get the courage to ask the guy. Well he want's to preach to me more, and even gave me The book of Mormon to take home with me, plus some other pamphlets. Next week we are supposed to meet one on one so he can preach to me more, but after doing research tonight I realized the they do not agree with Homosexuality. My thing is I am not sure if I should mention I am gay the next time, or just listen and hope he doesnt want to preach any further.
You can count on it, he will preach the next time. I'm not expert on the Mormon faith, but I do know some basics. While many are fine, non-judgemental folks, the official church stance is that homosexuality is wrong; it is a sin. For many, proselytizing (missionary work) is a major part of LDS dogma, so if he was working on converting you once, chances are he will again.

We have several LDS members here, perhaps they can do a better job of explaining.

I have to be very firm, right up front, when I have LDS missionaries show up at my door. I have to stop them before they finish their initial speech, and explain to them that I have no interest in a religion that considers me to be an abomination.

oralhijinks

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Here's the lowdown on Mormons. Outside of Utah, Mormons see their faith as a religion. They are like your everyday garden variety Christian (sort of I'll get to that). Inside Utah being Mormon is a way of life. Everything revolves around the church. Existence there is very Orwellian. I like to think of it like 1950's Stalinist Russia. Members are kept in line through subtle intimidation. If a fellow Mormon witnesses a digression it is reported to the Bishop who will call the the party in for a conference. The worst part is the Bishop has been called by the church to be a bishop and is not a trained theologian or counselor. So what happens is your business suddenly becomes everyone's business since Bishops tend to discuss things with various other members of the Ward (church). The running joke among non mormons in Utah is to never invite a mormon to go fishing with you because they will drink all your beer. Always invite two. The religion really wants to have the leave-it-to-beaver, 1950's wholesome existence in the modern world. The pressure is very great to attain that lifestyle which is, frankly, impossible, which is why Utah has the highest level of prescribed antidepressant use in the nation as well as the highest use of ritalin.

They are required to pay 10% of their pretax income to the church as a tithing. It's not a suggestion it's a requirement. If you don't pay you are brought before the Bishop again. The worst thing that can happen to a mormon in Utah is to be excommunicated. You become a persona non grata. It affects your friendships, you job prospects, practically everything. It's very bizarre such things exist but they do in Utah.

Now, Mormons are staunchly anti-gay. Hell they were anti-black until 1978. Until '78 black men were not allowed to be Elders which is the lowest level, the level you attain when you become a missionary. All males are expected to server a 2-year mission preaching the double-speak. Not serving a mission affects your standing not only with the church but with members of the church. The biggest question they ask each other is, "Where did you serve your mission?" The funniest part is that the missionary is expected to pay a large part of the costs so they have fund raising duties before they go. They solicit family and friends for donations.

The interesting thing is that mission, marriage, family, then education is the allowed direction for a male. For a female it's wait for your missionary to return, get married (drop out of college if you were attending since you have wifely duties now such as keeping house for your husband), and children. You can buy foreclosed houses all over that place because without an education they cannot make the money to live the lifestyle they want. Keep up with the Jones' is a too common practice there.

Very few religions accept Mormons as Christians. Mormons will fight tooth and nail to get you to believe they are but the basis for their religion deviates from Christian theology very distinctly. What they try to do is blanket themselves in Christian ideals in order to legitimize their religion but the fundamental religion is a far cry from common Christianity.

I swear these statement are true. I have seen these things with my own eyes.

oralhijinks

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Mormons also use the Bible so it's decreed there. The book of mormon is supposed to be an extension of the bible. It is what Jesus did when he wasn't hanging around in Palastine.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's the lowdown on Mormons.
Thanks for taking time to post an interesting analysis.

Hmmm, it is sometimes tricky to interrupt people to say that you respect them, and their choices, but that you have found your own way and are happy with your life at this time.

If you are at home when missionaries come calling it can help to open the door wearing as little as possible. The less you have on then the quicker they will move on.

I have experienced these things with my own penis.

Hryblkone

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, we have a few mormons in NYC and CT. Whenever I see them I can't help but to laugh because they really do try to uphold that Ozzie and Harriet image. All the way up to their short-sleeved white shirts and name tages. While walking from a job interview gone horribly wrong I was approached by two young missionaries (it's funny how if both aren't white then one is non-white but definitely not black). Before the white one could saying anything other than 'hello' I stopped him and told them "Listen, I've had a very bad day and I really could use some time alone so not today, okay?" and they continued to walk on. What's scary is they are a fast growing religion especially in latin american countries. I really don't care for their proseltysizing because no matter what they say their organization still considers my race sub human and my sexual orientation an abomination. In short, no I won't be voting for Mitt Romney anytime soon.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm, it is sometimes tricky to interrupt people to say that you respect them, and their choices, but that you have found your own way and are happy with your life at this time.
Not really tricky at all! Yes, I know, I'm evil.
If you are at home when missionaries come calling it can help to open the door wearing as little as possible. The less you have on then the quicker they will move on.
This works even better for some of the other door-to-door jesus salesmen. Jehovah's Witnesses are especially flummoxed when you use this strategy. Funny, though, if you come to the door fully clothed, either group insists on coming in to your home to convert you. If you answer the door naked, it blows their minds if YOU try to convince THEM to come in and "spread the good word."
Would you recommend shorts or underwear?
None of the above. Even better if you fondle your bare jewels before they can escape.

Word will get around, and they won't bother you ever again.

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Actually had one trip over himself getting away, he made the mistake of asking if he could talk to my "wife"too
I yelled out Honey! and my b/f walked in wearing a skimpy towel

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not really tricky at all!
Actually I agree, once I said "I'm sure you are very well intentioned but now is not the time". It worked quite well, I was up a ladder at the time, painting the house, and sweating profusely (wearing small shorts) not quite naked!

We seem to have pairs of fat Mormons where I live, which is pretty sad. It bothers me because they seem so young, and could be having fun exercising, and eating fresh fruit/vegetables. Silly boys.

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well if it was me I would meet him and hit on him put my hand on his thigh move it up to his crotch and kiss him. bett he was already "converted" and you will be able to have a good time. I bet he reacts sexualy to it.

Go on try it i dare you.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Well, some are cute. Some are dang hot. I recently had to write the local mission here in Asheville to suspend the Elders and any future missionaries from visiting my home.

I think that the first two Elders were kinda cruisy. :smile: (They would look at my face and then at my jeans "the basket". Hehehe.) I think one of them wanted to get naughty. The other one I felt wanted me to "convert" him. But, I didn't think it would be right of me to mess with either of them. I didn't want them to second-guess the purpose of their mission and their standing with their families. The one who "liked" me he had a nice butt. Both of these guys have nice butts but this one was nicer than the other Elder. Both of them had GI JOE Kung Fu Death Grip handshakes. (I swore I felt my cock filll with blood. :eek: :biggrin1: ).

I teased the naughty one when he shook my hand. I delicately rubbed his inner wrist sensuously with my thumb so as not to alert the other Elder. I know he must've skeeted his Wonder Woman pannies. Hehehe. :biggrin1: )

I think that it is complete torture being a Mormon. You can't drink any caffeinated beverages--no Starbucks. No Coke/Pepsi. No tea. Not EVEN green tea. That is fucked up. You can't have any form of sex outside marriage. Not EVEN :wank: or :boobies: or:069: or:bukkake:eek:r EVEN possibly :3some: . That is SOOOO fuckt.

No alcohol. No smoking. If I were in a Mormon life situation...I would be sleepfucking some"dang"body. That is fucked up what they do. Truly is.

It is like they dance on the outside of wanting to do it and they are like "clean slates". I think that is the appeal with those guys. They seduce you with their "wholesomeness". Yet, they can't do nothing with you. I stopped them from coming because I don't feel it is right doing that to themselves and to me. So, that is partly my experiences with the Elders.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jehovah's witnesses used to come around. My solution was to claim that I am Hindu and then, when they tried to talk, I would keep asking questions that involved trying to fold their religion into Hinduism. For example:

Them: Blah, blah blah...
Me: Will it help me attain freedom from rebirth because that's what I am seeking?

They got perplexed and wandered off. They must have spread the word because they never came back.

While in college, I lived in an "animal house." One roommate never wore any clothes in warm weather. Another roommate would invite them in then the naked one would walk out of the kitchen with a six pack and offer it around. They didn't come back either.

Now we live three miles up a private road and no one comes around.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that it is complete torture being a Mormon. You can't drink any caffeinated beverages--no Starbucks. No Coke/Pepsi. No tea. Not EVEN green tea. That is fucked up. You can't have any form of sex outside marriage. Not EVEN :wank: or :boobies: or:069: or:bukkake:eek:r EVEN possibly :3some: . That is SOOOO fuckt.
But it is torture of their own choosing. If it's so horrible, they could leave the church. I wasn't raised Mormon, but when I studied the theology and dogma of the church I was raised in, I left, and never looked back. I do not regret it in the least.
I stopped them from coming because I don't feel it is right doing that to themselves and to me. So, that is partly my experiences with the Elders.
You are too sensitive! I don't have a problem putting my will to convert up against their will to convert. They don't have a problem coming to my home to tell me I'm an abomination, so I don't have a problem giving them graphic examples.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We usually have Jehovah's Witnesses here......but only once a year if that often.

Once it was these 3 "Golden Girls" types....and I swear that one of them had tried her key in My Front Door !
(our door and side panels have leaded glass designs in them)
I saw her drawing back her hand as I approached the door.....the doorbell button is off to the side, so it wasn't that.

I just said "Look...I'm already basically Christian, so you're wasting your time here"....and shut the door.
We're outside city limits a few miles.

What I would Love is to paint a black rubber apron with blood red paint in a splatter pattern and also some elbow length black rubber gloves with red paint......and answer the door wearing those and saying
"Oh !...I was just about to sacrifice a goat !.....You're just in time to join me !....C'mon !"....
:eek:
And take a few steps back.....
Hopefully they'd run like hell.....

Our door already has a pentacle in the glass.....
Of course, here in Texas, it's just called "Texas Star".
It's still a symmetrical 5 point star in a circle.
:wink: :smile:
Custom Doors-Leaded Glass Entry-Beveled French Doors-Texas

Anyone else here watching Big Love on HBO ?
Much of it may not be realistic, but it sure is entertaining.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We usually have Jehovah's Witnesses here......but only once a year if that often.

Once it was these 3 "Golden Girls" types....and I swear that one of them had tried her key in My Front Door !
When they came to my door, they usually had grandma, mama, and the little girl.

One thing that always puzzled me about the JW jesus salesmen is that they believe literally in whatever scripture it is that has the "saved souls" numbered. 144,000 exactly will go to heaven, and they are pre-determined. So what good does the proselytizing do? And if they save another soul to heaven, doesn't that make one less place? What if she converted you, and her daughter had to give up her spot in heaven?