How do str8s feel about gays hitting on them?

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
This question is for the straight people here. How do you feel if and when a gay person hits on you? Are you disgusted, flattered, curious?

There was that boy who was killed for giving another boy a Valentine not long ago. So it's still a dangerous time

CupKate

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I feel flattered if another woman gives me a compliment. It means a little more coming from another women. haha i dont know why.

Andre80

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm flattered if another guy hits on me, but I politely let them know I don't go that way. One caveat:

The only time I would be offended is when he doesn't take no as an answer (and this is obviously also how women feel about guys hitting on them). Then it starts to border on rude, creepy and disrespectful of my orientation.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I agree with Andre80. I will be flattered, but if he wants to go too far, it' get creepy.
A few years ago, when I was 16, I was in Turkey. I just left the hamam and went to the lockerroom to shower and get dressed and there was a men following me whole the time and staring at my dick (it was so creepy because I get a hard-on and he assumed that that was a sign to go further) and asked me if he could blow me!!! He scared the hell out of me. The last two days of my vacation he kept bodering me when I was alone.
I don't want that anymore you know, it's still gives me the creeps.
I really don't hate gay people, but when they do that or even when women do that, it's go to far for me.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This question is for the straight people here. How do you feel if and when a gay person hits on you? Are you disgusted, flattered, curious?

/quote]

None of the above really. And this sort of happened to me as recently as yesterday - a bisexual woman hit on me, in this case. Now, I have occasionally said that my percentages here should probably be 99/1 rather than 100/0, since I actually have been a bit bi-curious in the past. But I didn't act on it, and I doubt I ever will. (But then, you never know...) I guess for me I just like male anatomy way too much! :biggrin1:

I've been complimented many times by other women, but it's different than being hit on - most of the time it was other straight women complimenting me. Strangely, I'm complimented on my looks more often by other women than by men. I'm not too crazy about that - come on, guys - compliment me! :biggrin1::wink: (but of course, I'll take compliments wherever I can get them...:smile:)

Chick&2DicksUK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Weird feeling.

I got hit on by a guy in the restroom of my local bar, two nights ago.

Totally unexpected and my brain had to go into overdrive to not offend or embarrass him or me and I think I did OK.

All I did was bring my wife into the conversation and he got the message and we left the loo as friends.

In fairness, I got hit on by a couple of ladies on the same night, too. I remarked on this (and the guy) to my lady and she said "I'm not surprised. The trousers you're wearing make it clear you have a big cock".

I peered downwards and realised she was right. The obvious bulge in my pants was the male equivalent of Pamela Anderson's boobs in a V-Top swimsuit.

My actual feeling was nothing, really.

He was a guy who saw something he liked and went for it.

No big deal. I wasn't offended, excited or anything.

I'd buy him a beer and sit and chat anytime.

Especially as he's made it clear he wants to be friends.

Who knows? Never say never.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ok...I know that my stats say I'm 70% straight and 30% gay, but I tend to identify myself as straight, with some gay courosity...any way....I have been hit on by a couple of gay guys and it really didn't bother me too much....however, once I told them (this has happened several times) that I wasn't really interested, they proceeded to crank up the flirting. I was at a friend of a friends apt. one night on campus of the university here, and was sitting around shooting the shit with my friend and with their friend...I went into the situation knowing fully well that this guy was gay, and I had no problem with that...anyway my friend was called away and myself and my new aquaintace(sp?) were sitting in his living room chilling out...as soon as our friend leaves the apt., this guy moves closer to me....everythings fine so far...well we started talking about sex and stuff and he says he's gay and that he has the hots for me. I say that I am flattered, but thats not my thing. I thought that this was the end of the conversation and that what I said clearly stated my choices. Well next thing I know this guy has moved and is now sitting in the oversized chair I was in, and I was uncomfortable with my situation, and before I can get up and move, or say anything, he starts rubbing his hand all up and down my inner thigh, and leans in like he wants a kiss... I'll have to admit that this freaked me out and I jumped up and said I have to go, and just walked out the door. It wasn't the fact that he was gay and had a thing for me, it was the fact that he pushed the envelope further than was necessary, and it freaked me out, and over reacted by hauling ass outta there...anyhow....what was the question??? oh yeah, I would think that a gay guy hitting on me was cool and even flattering, but he went a step too far, and after that night, I had nothing to do with him anymore, which was a shame, because we shared many of the same interests....

Chick&2DicksUK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well next thing I know this guy has moved and is now sitting in the oversized chair I was in, and I was uncomfortable with my situation, and before I can get up and move, or say anything, he starts rubbing his hand all up and down my inner thigh, and leans in like he wants a kiss...
Not surprised you were uncomfortable.

Too freaky and pushy.

Now you know how the girl's feel, sometimes with our clumsy courting tactics (I'm talking about myself here, too, unfortunately):biggrin1:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
well like I said I was flattered, but if you're going to get anywhere with me sexually, you need to be slow and seductive, not jump my bones...(this goes for males and females).....I'm a romantic at heart, and can be very shy, so slow and steady wins the race...and when I say I'm not interested, that means I'm not interested, not proceed to try and molest me lol

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with Andre80. I will be flattered, but if he wants to go too far, it' get creepy.
A few years ago, when I was 16, I was in Turkey. I just left the hamam and went to the lockerroom to shower and get dressed and there was a men following me whole the time and staring at my dick (it was so creepy because I get a hard-on and he assumed that that was a sign to go further) and asked me if he could blow me!!! He scared the hell out of me. The last two days of my vacation he kept bodering me when I was alone.
I don't want that anymore you know, it's still gives me the creeps.
I really don't hate gay people, but when they do that or even when women do that, it's go to far for me.

I can see why the Turk would want to suck you!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it's just a compliment I am flattered. If they persist once I tell them I am straight and not interested I get a little pissed off that they can't respect my right to know myself.
There was that boy who was killed for giving another boy a Valentine not long ago. So it's still a dangerous time.
That's terrible! :12: :frown1: I didn't hear about that. Did the victim not know that recipient was straight? Unfortunately in America violence seems to be a common reaction to an unwanted homosexual advance. :frown1: IMO something as innocuous as a Valentine's Day card should not have warranted killing the guy.

I feel flattered if another woman gives me a compliment. It means a little more coming from another women. haha i dont know why.
If it's just a random sincere compliment on my outfit, hair, or legs I just say thank you it doesn't bother me at all.

It does bother me however when a bi woman on this site compliments my gallery pics and I say thank you and then she persists in telling me what she wants to do to me; and insists that we need to get together. :confused: I don't get angry or belligerent with these women, I just politely explain that my 100% straight means just that. :cool:

I'm flattered if another guy hits on me, but I politely let them know I don't go that way.
One caveat:
The only time I would be offended is when he doesn't take no as an answer (and this is obviously also how women feel about guys hitting on them). Then it starts to border on rude, creepy and disrespectful of my orientation.
Exactly! I don't understand why some gay men on this site insist that all men are a little bit gay. :confused: Are all gay men a little bit straight? If so I suppose I should force my affections on the next hot gay man I encounter. :cool:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What about str8 men who hit on women who aren't interested in them? That is relatable.

I think that we aren't in control of who we like sexually...but we cannot have it all. That is a given in life.

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What about str8 men who hit on women who aren't interested in them? That is relatable.

I think that we aren't in control of who we like sexually...but we cannot have it all. That is a given in life.
That's happened to me a lot. Just trial and error, really, the first few times were tough, but if a woman rejects me, I'm not gonna take it personally at all. If she's not interested, no biggie, eventually I'll find someone who is. As for gay guys hitting on me, that's happened to me several times too. The first few times were kinda weird, but I just tell them that I'm straight, and that's usually the end of it. As for gay guys leaving me various comments on my pics, not at all threatening in the least. Actually glad to get the compliments! :biggrin1:

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thought I would add a little time perspective to the diccussion! When I was a straight teenager and gay guys used to hit on me quite often, I was embarrassed by it and did not really like being propositioned at all!

As a gay adult, I was always incredibly flattered whenever a gay or straight guy hit on me! I am not certain why my perspective changed so dramatically, but I suppose it was just keeping in line with my change in orientation!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's happened to me a lot. Just trial and error, really, the first few times were tough, but if a woman rejects me, I'm not gonna take it personally at all. If she's not interested, no biggie, eventually I'll find someone who is. As for gay guys hitting on me, that's happened to me several times too. The first few times were kinda weird, but I just tell them that I'm straight, and that's usually the end of it. As for gay guys leaving me various comments on my pics, not at all threatening in the least. Actually glad to get the compliments! :biggrin1:

I have this book called "AROUSAL" by Dr. Michael Bader. He reveals that humans cannot rationalize their attractions. We like who we like. And there are no reasons why.

cowboyfireman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No means NO! I would never hit on a guy if I knew he was straight, but on the other hand I have bent a couple guys, they said they were flattered and they were encounters that were circumstance driven. They needed something that I was able to provide, but when the act was done they reverted to charachter, we remain friends and who knows the same circumstance may arise again. But getting back to the question, I've been creeped out several times by guys lurking in bathrooms or making unwanted advances so I can imagine how it would make a straight guy feel...about the same as when some female hits on me relentlessly and when I say I'm gay and they think that's their cue to try and change me...YUCK!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No means NO! I would never hit on a guy if I knew he was straight, but on the other hand I have bent a couple guys, they said they were flattered and they were encounters that were circumstance driven. They needed something that I was able to provide, but when the act was done they reverted to charachter, we remain friends and who knows the same circumstance may arise again. But getting back to the question,
I've been creeped out several times by guys lurking in bathrooms or making unwanted advances so I can imagine how it would make a straight guy feel...
That's not so much a gay thing as a pervert thing though.

about the same as when
some female hits on me relentlessly and when I say I'm gay and they think that's their cue to try and change me...YUCK!
You have my permission to pimp slap the next woman that does that to you. :tongue: