how do women here feel about this horrible verdict?

the_1homie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

A Swedish man who donated sperm to a lesbian couple has been ordered to pay child support for their three children.

In the early 1990s the man, now 39, donated his sperm to a woman in a lesbian relationship. She had three sons, the oldest of whom is now 13 years old.

Although the man signed a document confirming he was the biological father of the children, he told the court the women agreed he would not be involved in their upbringing in any way.

But when the women separated, the biological mother of the three boys demanded child support payments from the man.

He went to court but lost the case and the subsequent appeal before taking the matter to the Supreme Court, the highest appeals court in the country.

The Supreme Court has confirmed the earlier rulings, stating that the biological father is required to pay child support to the mother of the three children he indirectly fathered.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's unfair, he donated his sperm he didn't agree to fatherhood. There are a lot of women who want a child but don't necessarily want a man involved and incidents like this spoil it for the women who do want to deal ethically with sperm donation.

JennyS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it's ridiculous.

However, the man probably brought it on himself somewhat by doing it himself rather than going through an official sperm bank though.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He must`ve had the worst lawyer in history to have lost that case, if i were him i`d sue my lawyer for gross incompetence.

lafever

meerin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
That's pretty horrible. The other partner should be responsible for child support, not the donor.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He must`ve had the worst lawyer in history to have lost that case, if i were him i`d sue my lawyer for gross incompetence. lafever
Agreed!

I think it's ridiculous.

However, the man probably brought it on himself somewhat by doing it himself rather than going through an official sperm bank though.
Jenny you are missing the point. The reason they didn't go through a sperm bank was to save money. It's a frightfully expensive process. But more importantly there should have been a document signed prior to conception stating he was not liable for child support. Actually I think it shows poor character on the part of the mom who sued him. She should have been sueing her partner.

D

deleted62

Shouldn't the woman she broke up with be responsible for paying some of the child support? I mean, they got into raising that particular child together . . .

If by "Swedish man" one is assuming that the entire series of events occurred in Sweden, I have no official comment; I do not claim to know the laws of Sweden, or any Scandinavian country.

-Z

Reactions: PussyWellington

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He must`ve had the worst lawyer in history to have lost that case, if i were him i`d sue my lawyer for gross incompetence.
Sounds like the laws are written poorly, and need updating.
Always get it in writing!!

But this woman is nothing short of a money hungry bitch. She deserves Nothing from him
Folks, sometimes even the best lawyer alive, fairly well-written laws, and "iron clad" contracts do absolutely nothing. It all depends upon the location and the judge. Judges in many of these cases just really do not give a shit about the law, and in many of these cases, the law effectively invalidates anything that's "in writing."

For instance, a recently-passed law in Virginia clearly states that the state will hold invalid any legal arrangement or contract which simulates any of the benefits, protections, or rights as marriage, between any unmarried persons.

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Legally speaking he directly copulated. While I didn't read it closely enough to see if he had documentation against said paternal responsibility if he doesn't he's not free of obligatory child support. He actually, in the eyes of the law, simply abandoned his child(ren) with other people.

There was no legal adoption etc. making the using the law to interject at this point foolish.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Legally speaking he directly copulated. While I didn't read it closely enough to see if he had documentation against said paternal responsibility if he doesn't he's not free of obligatory child support. He actually, in the eyes of the law, simply abandoned his child(ren) with other people.

There was no legal adoption etc. making the using the law to interject at this point foolish.
That may be true, but legal "decisions" are still often arbitrary.

I have seen cases where a non-adoptive partner of a parent, when they split, is held liable for support - even when both biological parents are still living and their whereabouts are known.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The divorced partner should be paying child support.

This should be no different than if a hetero couple divorced (the husband not being able to provide sperm - hence the donated sperm)......and the wife suddenly decided she'd bill the sperm donor for child support.

That is ridiculous bullshit to make the bio. father pay child support.