How do women perceive other women

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I should have entitled this thread more like.. Girl's perception of women...or something like that.

As a child I would see my father who was pretty well endowed so I got the notion that being a man was being well endowed. When I saw my uncle who was very hairy and muscular I got the notion that being Hairy and muscular was being a man. Those are the memories of my childhood.

Was wondering if there are women who more or less have a female counter part to there own discovery as to who they were?

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Womanly figures, curvy, long hair, pretty :) Those are the things I remember physically noticing about women when I was a child. Most of my influence came from my own family. My Grandmother who basically raised me, made me think women were hard working, motherly, loving, gentle, kind to everyone, very domestic, smart and always standing by her man no matter what.

My perception of men was more simple. They were really big and strong, always working, knew just about everything and you listened carefully to their mad voice :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello, lrgeggs.

Don't quite know how to respond.

I don't particularly have anything to say about how I perceived women as a child: I was always more interested in men.

I don't really understand women. (Who does?) The world would collapse without them. That's about all I know for sure. :wink:

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Me either..I was more interested in men. I never had any particular role models or women I wanted to be like. I think men are way more into that whole men as mentors thing. Women get more of their information from media..TV, magazines etc. I think we're too busy trying to be perfect and fit in to look to "normal" women like a mom or an aunt. We get fed a lot of information about how we're supposed to look, so we don't particularly need to have role models, as bad as that may be. I wouldnt have looked at my mom and said "ooh big breasts are beautiful". It was more like "Damn all the skinny girls in my Teen magazine have tiny boobs, what's wrong with me"?
Thats just my perception though.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This thread made me sad and that was the reason why I didn't respond.

My first female role model was an aunt whom I adored. I remember her being so sweet and nice to me and so pretty and charming. I learned when I grew older that she claimed that I behaved in very uncharacteristic ways when she babysat me, telling my grandfather who was dying from cancer that I hit her child and acted up and I was a very bad child in her care. I would never have acted in a way that she disapproved of because I adored her. My father never believed her claims because no one else said that I ever behaved like that and I never behaved like that at home. At that time, there was jockeying for favoritism over my grandfather's inheritance, and my father believed that she was using me to try and make my family look bad in my grandfather's eyes. My father didn't know how much I idolized her when he asked me questions about how I acted in her care. He just wanted to know if she had been truthful or not about how I acted. He didn't know how badly it would hurt my feelings, discovering what she said about me. She is the first family member I idolized, and she turned out to be the most two-faced towards me, as a child, too.

The second woman that I adored was a female cousin, and I adored her for the exact same reasons. She was beautiful and sweet and charming, and so creative, and I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. She passed away so young, of a brain tumor.

DasLeezard

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My grandma, who was the fucking bomb squad. She raised me, dealt with an abusive prick of a "husband", and ran a business, cared for her grown children (by bailing them out of jail on numerous occasions), and single-handedly whooped the ass of thyroid cancer. On top of caring for her mother in her later years, and going every year, at least twice a year, back to the rez to take care of the graves of my great-grandmother and grandfather.

Even after all this, she was there for the birth of my son, her first great-grandchild, in the operating room after she saw me go into cardiac arrest. She watched with intent as they cut me open to take my boy out, to make sure he was ok (he was).

Did I mention she was a CNA? In assisted living facilities? While she has Lupus and RA?

Now other women, I don't really care for, as few have shown that they aren't catty, insane, overbearing, or overly hormonal. I've grown up having mostly male friends.

But my grandma? She's a saint. She takes no shit from nobody at no time, and I only hope to be half the woman she is.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Miss P two sad stories. I hope that you have other more positive ones.

*hugs to Miss P* :(

Thank you, both of you. Both finding out about my aunt and my cousin's death didn't happen until I grew up, and that's good because it didn't affect me as child.

I never knew about fighting over the inheritance money or the majority of the problems with fighting in the family until I grew up, although looking back, certain things now make much more sense. I did know that my grandfather disapproved of me as a child, and that's because my mother was indiscreet about his criticisms, and that hurt me, but she's always been a less considerate and thoughtful person than my father and she was attempting to motivate me to be more impressive towards him, or something like that. Now I know that some of those criticisms, or possibly all of them, probably came from that aunt that I adored. My father did a good thing not telling me when I was a child. It could have jaded me at a very young age and much more deeply affected me.