How do you ask a guy out?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by jameshawket, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jameshawket

jameshawket Member

Albums:
    Hey everyone, I was hoping to get a little bit of advice.

Here's the situation. I joined this dating site a while back, and I started talking to this guy who I'm really starting to like. He's 25, also bi, and he's hardcore flirting with me like every time we talk. I really like him, and I'd love to go out to dinner or have coffee with him sometime, but I have no idea how to ask, since all I've ever dated have been females.

I'm sure it's probably easy, but I'm just so nervous because, 1, I'm younger than he is, and 2, I've never done this before haha.

2. Dr. Algonquin

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Considering you found him through a dating site and he's chatting you it's pretty much a sure thing. Just ask the same way you would with a girl.

3. asianvirginboy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i'd say just go for it and ask as if you would ask anyone out. sounds like he really is into you and so are you. just go for it and see where it goes. I've sort of done this in the past and when i really want to ask them out or if they initiate, i always back done cuz of the same reasons 1) i'm always younger than them mostly by like 2-4 yrs and 2) never done anything like this with guys before.....but give it a shot and let me know how it goes! i regret not doing it and now i don't know what would've happened. best of luck! :) btw, your profile, pics and vid are amazing! :)

4. monel

Gold Member

How about trying this:

"Would you like to grab a cup of coffee sometime?"

I know its a little outrageous, but it might just work. Good luck.

5. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Yeah tbh you're on a dating site, he's probably weirded out that you haven't asked him on a date already. Just drop him a "wanna catch a cup of coffee with me sometime/this wednesday?" next time you chat to him. :)

6. jameshawket

jameshawket Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the all the advice guys! I ended up having a pretty long conversation with him tonight, in which he revealed his true colors, and it looks like it's not gonna work out.

Sigh.

Time to go back to the drawing board I guess.

7. stickyboxers

stickyboxers New Member

Aww good luck in the future then! I know the feeling about being hopeful for a relationship. Next time if you find someone you like ask 'em to go out and meet for coffee to really get to know someone and see what their intentions are. Just don't say anything to them that you would regret.

8. thirtyseven

thirtyseven New Member

If you're looking on a dating site.. it really does depend which site.. Some are more oriented towards hook ups rather than meaningful relationships..
    So yeah.. Goodluck!

Draft saved Draft deleted