How do you avoid sex, nicely.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When the bills are mounting up and you feel cornered.

And you never did become that millionaire by the age of thirty as you'd expected and promised yourself that you would be.

And you've got kids to feed and rent to pay and there is too much month left at the end of the pay-check.

And the last thing on your mind is sex (with anyone at all).

How do you convince your partner that it's just a temporary glitch and that they are just as desireable to you as anyone else on the planet.

Just not now.

Now is about survival.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

And you never did become that millionaire by the age of thirty as you'd expected and promised yourself that you would be.

And you've got kids to feed and rent to pay and there is too much month left at the end of the pay-check.

How do you convince your partner that it's just a temporary glitch and that they are just as desireable to you as anyone else on the planet.

Just not now.

Now is about survival.

I know it doesn't help you to hear this; but I'm guessing there are about one million other people across the nation in the exact same boat as you. :redface: I would try talking to your partner and telling him or her exactly what you just told us. You spoke your mind clearly and effectively. I got the jist of what you were saying; I'm sure they will too. :cool:

Good Luck!

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Say "I am in a difficult place right now and just not horny". "I have some things to work through and it isn't about us, because our relationship is the best part of my life". "I love you". Or something like that.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
tell her you have an STD

STD is just my initials. never even noticed until after I'd joined LPSG and it was pointed out, so, you're not the first - believe it or not, to have spotted my faux pas handle.

One thing I did notice is that, having checked your gallery pics, there's an awful lot of sad/solo/lonely guys here.

That makes me feel better, so thanks.:biggrin1:

I agree Man -Up! She's probably stressed too.... Nothings better for stress than some really good sex!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Just not now.

Now is about survival.

i understand where you're coming from and hope your partner is patient and understanding with you. HOWEVER, i would like to remind you that countless studies have shown sex to reduce stress and improve your mood AND your health (it's a lot healthier to be happy than stressed). i know a quick romp in the bedroom won't pay your bills or earn your kids a scholarship but i'd like you to consider the benefits of it before you cast it aside for things of higher importance. it certainly would bring you two closer together and show a level of dedication: even when things are hard you're still on my mind and still the sexiest person in the world to me. either way, i hope you find a resolution, sexual incompatibility drives a lot of couples apart so i hope you find a way to cast your problems aside or your partner finds a way to accept that you can't always cater to his needs when so many things are on your mind. good luck

*guess i should answer the question in your OP. it couldn't hurt to explain to him that your attraction to him isn't any less because of a decrease in sexual activity, just an indicator that you're overwhelmed. my partner and i went through the exact same thing, i was on your partners side and my partner was on your side. he didn't explain to me how stress decreased his cravings and i went a long time thinking it was me (which is a reasonable assumption) until he explained to me that it was outside forces acting in, nothing against me. again, good luck

D_Andy_Whorewall

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am in the SAME position....Had a business that went flat, got a new job, now I'm just another face in the crowd, which is at times demoralizing. I have bills up the ass, mostly from having a sucessful business for years...now I'm stuck with the aftermath. This will be month #6 without sex.

I could care less if I have sex, my mind is always working on making car payments, insurance, utilities, kids college...and now putting gas in the cars.

I jerk off when the need arises, but for some reason my mind has put sex on hold. My wife is understanding, I think. With teenagers in the house, there's not alot of time for sex anyway.

Hard to understand...but that's the way it is.