How do you decide?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I dread nearing 90%+ in my inbox. It reached 98% today and I decided I better start going through and picking out the ones that are keepers... I love this new system Rob has set in place because I don't have to guess what they were about... I know the gist. I keep the ones that were important to me.. and delete the others.

How do you decide whos messages you keep?

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I dread nearing 90%+ in my inbox. It reached 98% today and I decided I better start going through and picking out the ones that are keepers... I love this new system Rob has set in place because I don't have to guess what they were about... I know the gist. I keep the ones that were important to me.. and delete the others.

How do you decide whos messages you keep?
You lucky thing! I say get rid of all of them as they are a form of clutter. You still have the memories and there will be room for more messages from your favourite people.:wink:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agonize over this. My inbox is constantly hovering near full. And when I get that dreaded email telling me my "pm inbox is full", I go back and delete the oldest 50 or 60 pm's.

I really should get a grip.

I wish the pm's were sortable. Then I would sort them by name, and be able to.... what? I don't know...

It sucks.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have them notify me by email when I get a message.
In my inbox, I have a folder for my LPSG messages.PM's from the people
I like,I keep in this folder,so I can reread them at will!
I love looking at the old stuff sometimes.
cigarbabe:saevilw:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
My PM box is currently 97% full. I've also been wondering what exactly I'm going to do whenever it reaches the maximum. It's taken more than 15 months to get to this point though. I don't PM all that often, so I assume it'll be a few weeks yet before I have to start deciding which messages I'm going to delete. I'm kind of dreading it, since I would really like to keep most of them.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't do that... I am such a memory person.
And you can still have memories. Get rid of them NOW!:biggrin1: You remind me of those people who keep birthday cards and christmas cards for like 30yrs! That's you right? If you get rid of something then something new will come into your life (like a fungal infection:eek:). Getting rid of clutter is cathartic! You can do it, put your ass into it!

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I download the ones to my pc that I want to keep. These could consist of:
PM's from my honey
Extraordinarily funny PM's
PM's from people I like and admire, and who said something especially profound or touching.

Thats about it and my way of cleaning. :smile:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How do you do that? I can't imagine cut and pasting a thousand times...!!!

There is a download option at the bottom of the private message page.
It gives you three different formats you can download them in.

I tried it just to see what would happen, and it does work.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a long way from the 1000-message limit, but I am inclined to keep nearly all messages, so I'll have to clear them out eventually. Yes, you can download your messages, but not in a form in which you can, or at least in which I can, conveniently view them. If you download them as TXT, then you lose all the formatting. If you download them as XML, then you get plain text with codes stuck in. Is there some way to make the XML file read as an HTML file? I mean, my browser will display them, but it will simply display the codes rather than interpret them.