How do you describe yourself as a person?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Average looking gay black guy who considers himself a work-in-progress. I am not complicated at all. (I hate that word "complicated". If you feel that you are complicated...you aren't...you just don't have the vocabulary and the psychological awareness to illustrate and understand who you are. And never hide behind morals and say that you are complicated. You aren't "complicated"-- you just feel guilty.)

I know who I am. I am no better than anyone else. And no one is better than I am. There is no competition here. I never make it one.

I used to be a total Christian until I was done wrong by "Christians" which led me on a spiritual sojourn. Now, I use parts of Taoism and parts of Christianity for the basis for my spirituality. Basically, I try not to judge others while living and loving in my lifetime. Every person has a story...everyone has a motive...everyone has their walk in life.

I am very much gay...but I don't force my sexuality upon anyone. If you are straight, I really respect that. I don't want to suck your dick. I don't want to fuck you. If I think that you are hot, I will let you know (if I know that you are cool about it.) but I respect your wants and desires to be with women.

Politically, I am democrat. A liberal. Sorry, Conservatism doesn't serve America.

I am not racist. I don't hate white peeps. I don't hate black peeps. I am not homophobic. OR heterophobic. I am not mysogynist or mysandristic (wrong word possibly.) Anyway. Overtime, I may have come across many people who happened to be black, white, gay, lesbian, male or female that I have come to really despise...but not because of their race...gender...or sexual orientations...it was because they did me wrong. And they probably were racist. Homophobic. Opportunistic peeps. Or they were really shitty persons.

I like movies. Going to see movies. Buying DVDs. If I go and see a movie and it is based on real-life events of disaster, tragedy and or human suffering...I don't buy them on DVD. I don't care to watch films like that. I have enough reality of my own.

I don't own too many mainstream gay movies because some are too rainbow (stereotypically gay), AIDS-centric, homophobic, and shady (not gay friendly at all). I also don't like romantic chick flicks...except DEFINATELY MAYBE. That movie was pretty good. I saw it at the movies (around the time I got dumped by my ex.) . I felt pretty good after watching that film.

I do like science-fiction, action-adventure movies, erotic thrillers, suspense movies.

I read a lot of books and magazines. I play guitar. I write songs.

I have a deep distrust of higher learning institutions. I learn on my own. I am an independent scholar. I don't rely on others teaching me anything. In my experience, they hoard the knowledge they know and don't bother teaching you. I don't like that.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm an Anarchist, a rule-breaker with a terrible attitude problem with authority in general, especially with what I consider arbitrary exercises in authority. I tend to rebel against hierarchies and try to ignore them whenever possible.

Conventions bore me and I dislike most forms of routine. When I drove to and from work every day, I was constantly finding alternate routes.

I'm very much a social animal, though I keep myself excellent company. I have never worked any place that involved my being alone or isolated. I'm extremely polite around strangers, especially service clerks. I find rudeness and selfishness very very unattractive.

I have had (depending on how you count them) either five or seven lovers/partners, only two of whom are still alive; I'm a survivor. In addition to the men listed above, I've enjoyed limited/short-duration/casual relationships with scores of men and had casual sex with hundreds over the last 33 years. For as long as I've been sexually active, I've always been somewhat over-sexed.

Increasingly as I get older I try and not sweat the details, but as something of a control-freak I find that very difficult to accomplish. Though neat and orderly, I'm not fastidious, which I personally find a sign of vanity.

I spend probably 75% of my waking moments reading or writing something.

I'm quite simple but very complicated.