How Do You Feel About Drug Use?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by biguy8773, Jun 26, 2010.

?

How Do You Feel About Drug Use?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2010.
  1. I smoke marijuana

51 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I refuse to smoke marijuana

34 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I would not be involved with a weed smoker

26 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. I use cocaine

8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. I refuse to use cocaine

48 vote(s)
    47.1%
  6. I would not be involved with a cocaine user

56 vote(s)
    54.9%
  7. I use prescription drugs

25 vote(s)
    24.5%
  8. I refuse to use prescription drugs

24 vote(s)
    23.5%
  9. I would not be involved with a prescription drug user

30 vote(s)
    29.4%
  10. I use hallucinogens

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  11. I refuse to use hallucinogens

42 vote(s)
    41.2%
  12. I would not be involved with a hallucinogen user

43 vote(s)
    42.2%
  13. I use opiates

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  14. I refuse to use opiates

47 vote(s)
    46.1%
  15. I would not be involved with an opiate user

54 vote(s)
    52.9%
  16. I use synthetic drugs

9 vote(s)
    8.8%
  17. I refuse to use synthetic drugs

43 vote(s)
    42.2%
  18. I would not be involved with a synthetic drug user

50 vote(s)
    49.0%
  19. I drink alcohol

67 vote(s)
    65.7%
  20. I refuse to drink alcohol

11 vote(s)
    10.8%
  21. I would not be involved with an alcohol user

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. biguy8773

biguy8773 Member

Albums:
    I recently started a poll revolving around the smoking habits of voters and/or their partners. since i didnt specify what was being smoked i decided to follow it up with this poll which will be more extensive.

REFERENCE:
    Opiates-heroin, oxycontin, percocet, vicodin, opium, etc.
    Synthetic drugs-ecstasy, PCP, crystal meth
    Prescription drugs-any prescription medication not used as directed
    Hallucinogens-LSD, magic mushrooms, 5-MEO-DMT

And I assume you all know what cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol are

2. catman

Gold Member

prescription- yes, non- a big no.

3. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just say no?

4. D_Felix the Bat

D_Felix the Bat New Member

^^ That's me! Heck, I don't even have a bottle of asprin in the house!

But I'm a real alcoholic....it's taken me 6 months to drink a half case of my favorite beer, and I still have one bottle left :redface:

5. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I do have some asprin but I find lying down with an icepack on whatever hurts normally makes it better. I also have neosporin.... shhhh:tongue:

LOL, I don't know how many come in a case? 12/ 24 so your not an alcoholic? I don't really drink. Used to date someone who had some drinking issues. I kind of shy away from the sauce. Of course I do have some alcohol in my house but it's well aged:biggrin1:

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

I HAVE taken LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, peyote, ayahuasca (even have my own vomit bowl), DMT, datura metaloides, and various hallucinogens most people have never heard of. Despite the bad press, LSD-25 is an amazing substance. However, I would never take any "street" variety. I've wanted to try pharmaceutical MDMA (3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine) otherwise known as Ecstasy, but the "street" chemical commonly sold is a bit frightening.

And just imagine. I'm a healthy, reasonably well-adjusted, peaceful, caring, and financially successful adult in his 60s. Don't say no. Just be informed and take precautions.

I like the smell of marijuana, but it doesn't agree with my personality. It makes me nervous and I get this uncontrollable urge to clean everything. I have a housekeeper to do that for me.

7. lucidbass

lucidbass New Member

Marijuana socially. Last year I would've said twice per year. Now I'd say once every 2 months.

Hallucinogens, I do them twice per year. Though I'll probably do them more soon. Tonight it's MDMA's turn!

Been with 3 cocaine user (one of which also did heroin) users; never again. Will never do opiates.

That's me in a nutshell.

As for alcohol. I'll drink GOOD beer once in a blue moon (seeing as all good beer happens to be expensive as all hell) and I stopped drinking all other alcohol recently. I'm not opposed to it, but for the time being, it's not right. I'm trying to get back a lean and cut body and being drunk doesn't do it for me unless it's a special occasion.

8. dolfette

Gold Member

the poll options don't really apply to me.

9. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Drug use doesn't agree with me, so I don't agree with drug use. Inevitably doctors get a lot of people addicted because they can do it legally. Prescription drug abuse is one of the fastest growing drug problems.

I have it on good authority from someone who used to work for Pfizer, that they will stop at nothing to market drugs. And they have the money to buy people and politicians.

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Recreational drugs have pretty much always been big NO for me. I smoked marijuana a few times at school. A bit more often when a friend was using it to offset the effects of chemotherapy. ( I gained 20 pounds) I've taken a hit or two while on vacation now and then; I think the last time I smoked it was five or six years ago. Liked the relaxing influence it had on me but I really don't miss using it at all.

11. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

Use to smoke weed. Stopped.

12. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I used drugs of one sort of another every day from the time I was 15 until I was 23. I stopped because it was becoming increasingly apparent that I could either party or have a career, but for me, my mind and my body, I could not do both.

My drugs of choice were downs, not speed. Quaaludes were an especial favorite, as was Valium, pain medication and most any kind of sleeping pill. I have never injected any drugs except for Testosterone replacement which was prescribed by my doctor and used strictly according the the rules, and that went into muscle, not the bloodstream. I've always had a very bad opinion of junkies: Heroin was never even a choice for me.

During my time of drug use, I smoked a lot of pot, though it almost always made me paranoid and made me feel locked in my head. It was, by far, the easiest thing I've ever given up. Hashish, on the other hand, was always a pure pleasure, though by the early 80s had all but ceased to be available in the US. The differences in effect between the two are profound: Hash delivers a body buzz, pot's really a head buzz. One I found appealing, the other I did not.

In 1981 I went to a party hosted by some of my then-partner's closest and oldest friends. Up until then, if anyone had drugs, they'd share with everyone or take them in private; Cocaine was something altogether different. Small subsets of the party would follow each other into the bathroom, stay there for about fifteen minutes, and come out roaring with a giddy laughter that no one uninvited to the bathroom could understand or share. It divided the party very sharply and I decided right then and there that I hated the stuff.

During my time in France in the 90s, I smoked quite a bit of Hash and got reacquainted with that old friend. It certainly made some of the grimmer aspects of my last few months there much easier to bear.

From 2000 until 2004 I abstained from drinking because several of the HIV meds I was taking could make even a single beer nauseate me. When my regimen was updated, I reintroduced alcohol slowly back into my life and find it a pleasure and a great way to break the ice socially. But as there's a strong vein of alcoholism running through my family, I'm constantly monitoring not just my intake but my behavior while under its influence. If I thought for a second that it was getting out of control, I'd have no problem going back to abstinence.

I recently had the chance to do some X for the first time since 1982, which I took because I trusted the source and knew I'd be in a safe environment. It was nothing like my earlier experience: no rush of euphoria, no heightened sensations, no increased awareness. In fact, I felt nothing at all. So either my source had been delivered something like a placebo, or my body chemistry's changed to the point where I would require a stronger dose. As I was unwilling to try the latter and not interested in confronting him on the former, I just let it slide.

13. D_Maurice Mountlilly

D_Maurice Mountlilly Account Disabled

weed was one of the best girlfriends i ever had,she was always there for me.i can't be with her any more because of the random drug testing my job throws at me.lol
    ever since len bias died from snorting coke,i never tried it.
    and when i saw how other narcotics destroyed former friends and family members(my grand dad)i never tried that either.

14. B_Bigb0y

B_Bigb0y New Member

perscription drugs are the only bad ones... check anyone who dies from an overdose it is always a combination of conflicting prescription drugs

15. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    I voted wrong. I voted before I read the original post which defines prescription drugs as any prescribed drugs not used for their intended use. I only have one prescription but I use it for what it is supposed to be used for.

As for anything else, hell no. I am too fond of my brain cells. Plus I'm a control freak so I wouldn't want to do anything to diminish my ability to control myself and situations I am in.

When I tell people I don't drink I get "Ohhhhh......" to which I add "No, I am not a recovering alcoholic. Just decided when I turned vegetarian if I was giving up meat for health reasons I should give up alcohol for the same reason." In my longest relationship I asked my parnter to stop at 2 drinks when we went out because at 3 drinks he got the stupid face (the relaxed facial muscles that everyone gets at some point if they keep drinking). I couldn't tell a difference in him after one drink. And I couldn't tell a difference in him after 2 drinks. But I did notice a difference after 3 drinks. We never argued about it, he did stop after 2 drinks from that day on. Eventually he stopped drinking altogether but I didn't ask him to, he did that on his own. Found out recently that another ex of mine died from alcohol abuse. He was the only alcoholic I ever dated. Not totally surprised he died from it but sad to hear nonetheless. I wouldn't date an alcoholic now. Once is enough although alcohol was not the reason for our breakup -- whether it was an indirect reason I cannot say.

16. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Weed is so not a drug. It's just a plant, and if you just so happen to spark it up and inhale the smoke, you will feel lovely.

17. Irish

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What a beautifully flimsy argument. There are a lot of naturally occurring drugs. The fact that something occurs in nature doesn't detract from the effect it has on the body of one who consumes it.

Anyway, same as with the smoking poll, I'm just not a fan of anything associated with drug abuse. I don't mind the occasional drink, but pretty much anyone who describes their plans for the evening as "getting drunk" won't be hearing back from me anytime soon.

I have no moral opposition to... well... much of anything, since I don't really have morals, but the type of people who use/abuse most drugs simply aren't the kind of people I end up liking in any capacity.

18. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Absolutely true. Aspirin was discovered because the native Americans chewed willow bark for pain. That's one of the big concerns about the rapid species extinction in the Amazon. The cure for cancer might be in a plant that went extinct yesterday.

19. Northland

Gold Member

Except those who croak from ODing on heroin, LSD, meth, cocaine and let's not forget those who go to a party drink a ton of alcohol and die of alcohol poisoning.

20. dolfette

Gold Member

drug abuse is just typical of man's disregard for the gifts of nature. nature provides us with a natural pain killer and we'll use it to travel to lala land and see if we can top ourselves on the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted