how do you feel about gyn visits?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by dolfette, Jul 10, 2010.

1. dolfette

Gold Member

i know a lot of the guys will be disappointed when your replies don't include getting off on it. :rolleyes:

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I'm jackin' just waitin'.

3. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Necessary evil.

But I've always wished I had a set of those stirrups at home... :biggrin:

4. maxcok

Gold Member

Never underestimate the determination of leg humpers.

5. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anxious before hand. Nauseated until its over. Disgusted afterward.

Though I did actually speak to my physican this year and meet his eyes which was a first. Of course my blood pressure hit 148/87, BUT my pulse was 107. He took it in stride even cracked jokes with me and told me he knew my heart rate was up because I was so happy to see him after a year:rolleyes:

I still hopped off the table in a mad dash to get into my clothes when he walked out, but I felt slightly calmer than normal once I left.

6. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Here people don't have gynecologists unless they have a serious problem. We see our GP for most of the stuff you guys see a gyn for. But anyway:

Pap smears make me nervous. It really does seem a little odd to me to have someone I'm not having sex with looking at my vagina. It's particularly weird because this is the same woman I talk about the flu, weight problems, mental illness and diabetes with. But a necessary evil as Not Punny pointed out. And it's only once every two years so I can deal with it.

I did once have to have an ultrasound to check for polycystic ovaries. That was quite disturbing because they use a dildo thing and wiggle it around . . . All I can say about that is, thank god my sex drive was in a slump at the time. If it had been normal I would have found it very difficult not orgasming - despite the completely non-sexual nature of the situation. As I've said before - I'm like a push button toy - touch me in the right places and I orgasm. And that would have been beyond embarrassing. I don't think I would have been able to show my face there again.

7. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    ROFL... I went through a similar experience. First of all let me say in the US it is recommended once a year the last I heard they were trying to pass an insurance regulation or something changing that. I see my GYN once a year. I've had the same guy since I was 18.

When I was 22-24 somewhere in there I was having horrible pains in my side. Working on site at a hospital at that time I refused to go to the ER... I drove myself home. Got home, urinated blood... turned around and drove all the way back to my place of work:rolleyes:

And tada... I had kidney stones... OH HAPPY DAY. Before I found out though the cute CT guy that sat with me at lunch got to see my butt in the flappy hospital gown:redface: And he had to come in and tell me to lift my bra because it would show up on the scan:redface::redface::redface:

So when I had the CT abdomen and pelvis they also found an ovarian cyst about the size of a golfball.

That is the only time I have ever seen my GYN outside of the yearly visits, was when I had to have an intravaginal ultrasound. It actually wasn't that bad. Yes it was an interesting piece of equipment but the lady at his office that did it was so nice and she had the lights off. I think the lights being dimmed helped me feel calmer. Maybe the gyns should offer that during regular pelvic exams? If it's to dark to see I can just close my eyes and imagine I'm in Kansas.

8. Embrace69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That's pretty much me. I hate it with a passion. I'm generally like that about any doctor visits but I'm especially bad with this one.

I have a hard time letting anyone but my S/O touch my body in the first place. The cold, sterile environment just makes it that much worse. And then to top it off some doctor comes in putting their hands all over my private bits to make sure I don't have cancer or that I'm not growing a small alien just really makes me want to vomit. I feel oddly violated after an exam like that.

I know it's not supposed to be sexual in nature and that it's only a precautionary medical procedure most of the time but I'd rather just let my BF do the dirty work and send in the smears via mail rofl. Dream on huh?

But yeah, it's a necessary evil and it never gets better with time. At least for me it doesn't.

9. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I guess this must be very different to a man having his bits checked out, because I can't think there are many guys who'd have a problem letting a doctor have a look. Maybe they should give you a sticker or a lollipop afterwards, make it less unpleasant.

10. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    PMSL... could you imagine asking our SO's to do that sort of thing?... "oh honey after you take out the garbage, I need you to...":tongue:

11. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Here pap smears are recommended every two years. But we don't have a recommendation for routine 'just having a look' checks. I would just let my GP know if anything odd came up between pap smears.

Silly girl!

Ow! My ex had kidney stones. I've never seen anyone in such agony - except maybe for my rabbit when HE had kidney stones :smile:. My ex had enough morphine to fell an elephant.

I'm feeling for you girl :redface:. That's too much embarrassment to think about :redface:.

You know, now if I ever have to do it again I'll probably get a picture in my head of you standing in Kansas :biggrin1:.

The room I had mine in was dark as well thankfully. The woman doing it was extremely polite and respectful. Me being the kinda gal I am, I had to crack jokes the whole time and pretend great interest in the pretty pictures of my uterus and ovaries. And the whole time I was thinking to myself 'Please don't orgasm, please don't orgasm'. Hopefully I will never have to do it again coz I don't know if I'd make it through a second time.

12. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I used to wonder why we couldn't do it ourselves too. Maybe someone needs to design a home pap smear kit :smile:.

13. Tickled Pink

Tickled Pink New Member

Albums:
    After two kids, coil insertions/extractions and multiple smear tests, luckily with the same female Doctor for 24 years, it no longer fazes me! In fact we normally have a chat about our families or something whilst she's down there!!

14. Embrace69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah, you'd think after a couple visits and other things happening in your life that it would get easier. For me though, it never really does. I guess I'm just that kind of person.

And yea, I'd love the home smear tests... That'd be awesome. Unfortunately they do more than just a smear. They do like a 360 degree check of all things womanly... That is just one of them. I'm not sure my S/O would be able to tell the difference between what's supposed to be there and what's not. Only trained professionals know for certain. That's the down side.

15. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I love my gynocologist! She's awesome. I feel so comfortable there. I think I shocked her the first time when she walked in and I'm already spread eagle ready to go lol. I think having someone you really love as a doctor makes a world of difference. I wish she could be my doctor for everything, but she can't.

I know some women will never get over the nerves though. Think of it this way...she sees thousands of vaginas each year. Not all are that cute and I bet some are down right nasty lol. She has or is gonna see yours anyway...and if your doc is a female, she has one of her own, so its nothing surprising. She has to go to the lady doc too. If you can let your man see it and put his face in it, you shouldn't mind your doc, who does it for a profession, looking in there.

I wouldn't say the procedure is enjoyable, but it has to be done...especially if you're over 18 and sexually active. It comes with the territory of being a woman. It's a lot better to have it checked out annually when you are healthy then come in with some huge dripping disease for them to look at, no? Such a pretty picture...ugh lol.

16. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yup lol. Plus it relaxes you.

Also, I go annually or semi annually and I get tested every 3 months. It was because of my regular testing that something was caught I didn't even know about. This was years ago, but not everything has symptoms and can have severe consequences. I am glad she found it.

17. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I do this too (well, usually it's about uni), or crack jokes as I've already mentioned, but I'm sure my face is bright red the whole time. Coz no matter how I act on the outside, I'm terribly nervous inside.

The second worst one for me (the worst one being the internal/dildo experience) was when I got my first pap smear after gaining a lot weight. That time I was embarrassed that she'd notice that my genitals had gained weight too :redface:. Honestly, the thing I worry about [shakes head at self].

18. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    OMG...runs to get a mirror... genitals gain weight? Ok where is the aerobic exercise book for genitals.

Look it, here is how I see it. There are some large and in charge ladies in the GYN's office when I go in there. The last thing I think about is if THAT part of me looks fat? Now my ass on the otherhand... sigh...

19. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Seriously! I didn't know it worked like that but when the rest of me put on weight, my genitals did too. I guess it's because there's so much fatty tissue down there. If I'd put it on slowly I may not have noticed but I put on a lot of weight very quickly so it was pretty obvious to me. GP didn't say anything though - thankfully! My ass didn't bother me too much :smile:

20. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's still slightly embarrassing - especially if you know them well. I feel like they'll think I'm inventing excuses to get ppl to feel me bollocks. :redface:

Also, if they're unscrupulous or pervy it can be uncomfortable. A doc I had when I was about 18 made me feel very uncomfortable - since he kept smirking creepily. :frown1:

Draft saved Draft deleted