How do you feel about misandry?

InDNile

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have rarely encountered it...though there was one woman in my past that absolutely hated men. I worked with her for a while, but she talked herself out of that job.

dragon_9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never come across it.
Misogyny, misanthropy, yes, but not misandry

I thought the same thing, but when i started researching it. It's all around us.
The fact women are given automatic rights to their child and men can only apply for rights is an example. The rabbit hole gets real deep.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe that discrimination against people based on gender and sex is repugnant. I also believe that a lot of the opinions espoused by many of the guys whom I've seen cry "misandry!" on the internet are repugnant. So despite the fact that I think there are some valid cases to be made about systematic discrimination against men (though certainly not nearly as many as there are in regards to women and trans folks), I cannot get behind that word - or the men's rights movement.

Reactions: keenobserver

dragon_9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe that discrimination against people based on gender and sex is repugnant. I also believe that a lot of the opinions espoused by many of the guys whom I've seen cry "misandry!" on the internet are repugnant. So despite the fact that I think there are some valid cases to be made about systematic discrimination against men (though certainly not nearly as many as there are in regards to women and trans folks), I cannot get behind that word - or the men's rights movement.

It's not about rights for men, but human rights. By that same logic there are examples of cries of "misogyny" that are not valid. I found research that suggests the gov't doesn't want same sex marriages, because it would show that in lesbian relationships domestic violence would be a lot higher then in gay male/transgender relationships. This could possibly disrupt the image that the female is always the domestic violence victim. Which would open a can of some serious worms. DUNE SIZE WORMS!!!! Right now they lump lesbian domestic violence claims with overall female domestic abuse. :confused:

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Can you back up any of your government research with links to the articles please. I would like to see the facts and who is doing the research. In terms of your question I feel the same as the others who have responded in that I don't have any patience for hate, but as I've pointed out to some of the people on the site and a few people IRL that so-and-so does not hate all (men, woman, gays, blacks etc) they simply don't like you.

dragon_9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can you back up any of your government research with links to the articles please. I would like to see the facts and who is doing the research. In terms of your question I feel the same as the others who have responded in that I don't have any patience for hate, but as I've pointed out to some of the people on the site and a few people IRL that so-and-so does not hate all (men, woman, gays, blacks etc) they simply don't like you.
Gov

Same Sex Domestic Abuse and Orders of Protection | Albany Gov't Law Review Fireplace Blog

CDC Study: More Men than Women Victims of Partner Abuse | Bert Hoff

notice in this link they make no further analysis of the sexual orientation of the subjects.
This is a very close subject to me because a lesbian friend of mine was pushed down a flight of stairs by her partner. She lost her job because she couldn't work.

http://www.ncdsv.org/images/CDC_1in4Women1in9MenSufferIPV_2-7-08.pdf

I will have to search to find the exact links, but do a random search and you will see what I'm talking about. Excuse me for asking a question.:confused:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thank you for the links I'm aware of some of these statistics and I only just scanned them but could you tell me in which one specifically it states the government does not want same sex marriage because of lesbian domestic violence? And I will read further.
I'm sorry for your friend I hope she is taking the necessary action and utilizing what resources are available to her for her recovery and litigation.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't hate women. I don't hate men. But there comes a time when you will meet some very contemptuous individuals that my affinity for runs low and stale. They may be white. They may be black. Or any race. They may be male. They may be female. They may have any sexual orientation. Believe in whatever religious belief.

dragon_9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you for the links I'm aware of some of these statistics and I only just scanned them but could you tell me in which one specifically it states the government does not want same sex marriage because of lesbian domestic violence? And I will read further.
I'm sorry for your friend I hope she is taking the necessary action and utilizing what resources are available to her for her recovery and litigation.
Thank you. Here is a link that suggest but doesn't out right say, done by a news program, that hints how much money the gov't makes off of casting women as the perpetual victim. I search for that site but frankly i got tired of searching. I should have made it a favorite. I actually read some post on ask a women and have been shocked to see how many misandrist might be on this site alone. "Shaking my head":confused:
Abused Men - YouTube

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For all you boys that don't think this is real,I have 2 sisters that would love to use you as a punching bag.

I lost a testicle to them and mom all while being told I was worthless for being male.What makes me sick is that many of the most popular female posters here show the same attitude!

dragon_9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For all you boys that don't think this is real,I have 2 sisters that would love to use you as a punching bag.

I lost a testicle to them and mom all while being told I was worthless for being male.What makes me sick is that many of the most popular female posters here show the same attitude!

Dude that's just !$%&* alot of misandrist don't know they create the type of men they hate. I know your scars are deep, but it gets better!:smile: The greatest power we have is not to let pain take control of us. The difference between us and them is we act and not react to what was done. Acting means you took time to think. Reacting means you didn't think at all. As men we have the burden of having to be in total control, but that is also our HONOR!

Carpe_Diem420

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Misandry, like misogyny both sucks a carton of eggs. The difference is misogyny gets taken seriously yet Misandry is ignored, especially by feminists.

To those who think Misandry doesn't exist, just look around outside the box. Divorce court, marriage laws, child bearing laws, abortion laws, guys getting accused of rape for anything & everything but actually raping someone.

What's so messed up is that if you bring any of this up to a feminist, they'll start screaming & yelling crazy jibberish about patriarchy (which a lot of women don't realize was set up for the majority of women's benefit).

Dport

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck 'em. I don't let it bother me.

That type of hate seems to come from bad experiences. A woman pulls the short straw a few times early on when it comes to the men they've been with, and becomes bitter.

I say I don't let it bother me, but then again I've never had to really deal with it.