How do you feel about pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Symphonic, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Symphonic

Gold Member

Albums:
    I tend to ask my question in my title. Uh, topics:

1. Do you loathe the idea? Love it?

2. Do you consider it unfair that men cannot be impregnated, or would like to swap the experience?

3. Do you get nervous during the pregnancy and have second thoughts?

By all means talk about experiences and answer questions you think are important. Speak in your own way.

2. Patchos

Gold Member

Is your girlfriend pregnant?

3. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

1. i have never been pregnant so i don't know. i might love not getting my period for 9 months. but i think i'd hate having a baby kick my stomach all the time.

2. if men could become pregnant that'd be great. it'll be fair to all the women who've been dumped by men who've gotten them pregnant, because women will finally be able to dump men and see how they like raising kids on their own!

3. N/A

4. dolfette

Gold Member

1. Do you loathe the idea? Love it?
    done it twice.
    it's not loathe or love. it's just a pain in the arse. months of puking, then months of being heavy & clumsy. months of not having room to breathe asnd eat at the same time, not even being able to reach my own bits for a wank. i think they should issue deisabled parking permits to heavily pregnant women, because it really is a disability.
    2. Do you consider it unfair that men cannot be impregnated, or would like to swap the experience?
    unfair? silly way to put it.
    i think that it's irritating how men really just don't understand quite how difficult it is, quite how tired and sick it can make you, quite how traumatic the hormone induced mood swings can be.
    3. Do you get nervous during the pregnancy and have second thoughts?
    second thoughts? is there any point? by three months it's too late to change anything IMO, so you make the best of it. i had moments of doubt where i wasn't sure i could cope...but i did.

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I'm disinclined to answer this based on the following:

It isn't my place to tell other posters what to do but I thought the readership and posting members of Women's Issues might like to get this user in context.

6. dolfette

Gold Member

that's sick. really sick.
    there's no excuse at all for saying something like that.

it's inhuman to wish harm on an innocent child just because you dislike the parent.

7. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Some women can look very beautiful when they are pregnant.

Where the hell did those comments come from Symphonic?

8. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I absolutely loved being pregnant, but twenty years dulls the bad memories, you know. My complexion cleared up, my periods were gone, and I ate like a pig! Who wouldn't love that? I do remember barrelling through the house like a bull in a china shop. Everybody told me it was a boy because I carried the baby low. Well, Pris was a tomboy at one time, but now she's the most beautiful creature in the world!

There were times I know I was unbearable to live with, but looking back on the asshole I married he deserved every bit of it and more! As much as I regretted the marriage, the product was wonderful. I guess you have to go through the bad to get the good.

Regrets? Not on your life. All my young life I wanted to get married and be a mommy. I guess I didn't give the marriage that much thought though, so I didn't choose well. I got pregnant about a month after the honeymoon when most of my high school class was going off to college.

As for men having babies - they couldn't take it. I tell Cap all the time that if men could become pregnant then there would be a nine-month paid holiday with mandatory day care at work.

9. Symphonic

Gold Member

Albums:
    I actually don't know how old they are or what context they are used in. That said I can't really retract them, and both seem to be insults made out of anger.

All the same I'm surprised Manly pays that much attention.

10. dolfette

Gold Member

then you can click the small blue square with the arrow in the quote box, right after the name of whoever was quoted.
    it links you to the original post.

i read the thread. she was a whiner and a prat but thats about all.

11. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

1) You sound like an asshat in those quotes and probably are. :)

2) People in general and women in particular only remember the shit. They hardly remember the good stuff.

12. voidout

Gold Member

as of right now...no thanks. the rest of the questions don't apply to me.

13. NOINRI

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm glad males can't get pregnant. If I were a female, I'd never have a child. The thought of the delivery process would terrify me beyond belief.

As for having children. If I end up with a female, I'd like to have children. If I end up with a guy.......no.

14. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

I've a female friend that has a phobia of pregnant people. Being near them causes her to cringe and makes her nauseous. She's also absolutely frightened of the idea of getting pregnant. Apparently, she saw a video as a child of a pregnant woman showing off her very ripe belly with the fetus/infant looking as if it was trying to claw its way out. Traumatized her. That said, she really wants to have children, and at least one of which is hers naturally (ie. not adopted).

Personally? I feel no jealousy/envy toward women about not being able to be impregnated. When I was in the hospital with a kidney stone writhing in pain, the nurse looked at me and said, "That's as close as you'll ever get to knowing what it feels like to have a baby". Good look with childbirth, ladies.:tongue:

15. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Wow.

16. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Never again. Thanks to the powers that be my window of pregnancy danger is slamming shut fast.

Having another life inside you never lets you loose. I will never not be someone's mother now. And it is overwhelming how much it changes you, on even a cellular level.

People who do it must make the best of it, for their tadpole days of swimming are gone and they are toads or newts or frogs for good.

17. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Im pretty sure this question was asked not too long ago. And why do you care what we think of being pregnant? Everyone is different, you arent going to be able to predict someone in your real life based on our opinion.

Its unbelievable how many threads Symphonic creates over here. I dont think he really comes back and reads what we all think. He just gets bored and has to ask a question.

18. Serial Kisser

Serial Kisser Well-Known Member

I don't EVER want to be pregnant. Even if I get married, which I don't think will happen, I would adopt.

19. Symphonic

Gold Member

Albums:
    I asked namely because I am curious. After all you're right, everyone is different, and those who I see in my life need to be balanced out with other persons and perspectives from other places and walks of life; I just hoped you were willing to share.

I'm sorry if this is a recent repetition.

20. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i have an aunt that's kinda like your friend... she's not so much scared of pregnant women, but she can't stand being around women who breastfeed. the sight of a woman breastfeeding her baby freaks her out and she cringes and screams. i've never seen someone so frightenend about seeing a baby on a boob. it's funny but i honestly have no idea why she's like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted