How Do You Feel About Smoking?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by biguy8773, Jun 26, 2010.

?

How Do You Feel About Smoking?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2010.
  1. Hate it, couldn't be involved with a smoker.

49.0%
  2. Don't like it but I can tolerate it.

21.2%
  3. Indifferent

7.7%
  4. I smoke but it doesn't matter if my partner does not.

19.2%
  5. I smoke alot and my partner should too.

2.9%
  1. biguy8773

biguy8773 Member

Albums:
    I smoke and find it attractive.

2. D_Wally Walnuts

D_Wally Walnuts New Member

I used to like it, but I haven't had a smoke in a month and a half :headbang:

I know I couldn't be around a woman that smokes right now. It would be pretty tough.

3. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    :cool: Congrats! Keep it up!

4. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've been fighting a losing battle with cigarettes for years.
    Latest: 1 week off, back on ços drinking beers.

5. B_bi_mmf

B_bi_mmf New Member

It is a horrible and very powerful addiction. Discovering that a person is a smoker is one of the biggest turn-offs there is for me.

6. BigLittleMan

BigLittleMan New Member

smoking is disgusting and one of the biggest turn offs ever.

7. lilbear

lilbear Member

I was a hard core smoker for years. My husband and I quit almost two years ago and I am so glad to be free of that addiction. My hat is off to anyone who has quit smoking.

8. Incocknito

Gold Member

People who smoke tend to be stress heads or have a nervous disposition etc. There are other ways to cope with stress or nerves than to smoke.

Smoking is disgusting. Smoke is a waste product. You might as well be eating fresh turds.

9. Northland

Gold Member

Yes, there was indeed a time when smoking was considered to be quite attractive and alluring. Almost every actor smoked, singers smoked, writers smoked, factory workers smoked, secretaries smoked, doctors smoked...well now, if the doctor smokes how bad can it be?:rolleyes: Old movies still show them as did many record album covers, magazine spreads and even book jackets. These days, one need look no further than the comedy show Hell's Kitchen to find the chefs up in their quarters all sitting about, and most of them smoking- as far as I know, this is the only show left which still allows smoking to be shown (other than those 'lesson to learn' theme sitcoms and dramas which show it for only an episode and tell all the dangers).

The smoking as such isn't that bad- not when compared to many of the other foul odors and carcinogens dancing in the air. It's the lasting results which smoking can bring- emphysema, lung and throat cancer- not particularly pleasant.

For many years I smoked, up to 3 packs a day:eek:, and then I stopped and haven't gone back to it (before that, I attempted to stop several times). Unlike many exsmokers, the drifting in of second hand smoke doesn't bother me. It's far less nasally perplexing than car exhaust, sewer smells, unbathed people, sweaty joggers who don't bath before their run and then stand far too close waving their arms, forcing the stench towards me. Actually, I like the smell of cigarette smoke- I think I'll go stand outside a restaurant now.

Cigarette smokers also are vital to the economy, the tax revenue is a boon to many state coffers, as well as tobacco farmers, cigarette manufacturers, people to deliver the smokes, people to make lighters for smokers, extra nurses and doctors to treat smoker related illness, ashtray manufacturers...

I don't actively seek out smokers for relationships; if however they smoke, I don't make it a federal case as some people do. They stop their gas guzzler car, let it idle as it spews a cloud of exhaust and then complain that somebody is smoking as they go into a store to buy a bag of chemicals to clean things or sturdify the lawn- chemicals which not only come from corporations draining waste into riivers and creeks as part of manufacturing; but, selling chemicals which rinse off and into rivers, creeks and oceans.

Show of hands- how many of the anti-smoking brigade here drive air destroying cars and trucks? How many use spray cans? How many toss various plastic wrappers, plates, cups, furniture parts, etc. out regularly with little concern to how that pollutes and destroys the air and health of millions? How many live in communities where trees are mercilessly chopped down to build more plywood or prefab housing? How many use things with dangerous chemicals on a regular basis- chemicals which are dangerous to breathing? Yes, just as I thought, we have yet another double standard in play- 'my chemical is better than your chemical'.

Lastly, (and I've said this before), if the government truly wanted to stop smoking, they'd do it. It's in their power. Start with giving all current smokers a pharmacy card, they can only buy at the pharmacy. No card, no smokes. Smoking out in the street- makke it a law to have medical I.D. stating you are a smoker. No I.D.- off to jail. In a few generations smoking would be done with. Yet the government clearly has no urge or desire to end this- big money comes to campaigns from the tobacco companies and revenue comes in from tobacco sales.

#9 Northland, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'm a light smoker. I bought a carton of cigarettes duty free last March and I still have half of them. If I feel like smoking a cigarette I do.

11. dolfette

Gold Member

i find it unattractive.

12. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

I find it unattractive,anti social and it smells revolting.

I was a smoker and thank F i quit over 3 years ago.

I smoked for 20 years and hated every minute of it.Stress levels were up due to it weirdly enough when i thought i smoked to help the stress.

13. crescendo69

Gold Member

My longest relationships have been with non-smokers - three days (just kidding!:biggrin1:)

Although I have found some smokers hot in bed, their constant need to "light up", especially after sex or a meal, is an ever-growing irritation.

14. sbat

sbat New Member

Smoking what?

15. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I liked it - but it's bad for ya, so I stopped (10 yrs ago).

Easier to cut down b4 giving up, imo.

16. crescendo69

Gold Member

Yeah - 100's? Menthol? Filtered?

17. B_Jordan85

B_Jordan85 New Member

my last gf smoked and I dated her for 2 years. I really hate the smell but if I like the girl I can tolerate it. Supposedly it can make a person foul tasting, but never affected this one girl. I still think its a disgusting habit, enjoy weed instead.

18. D_Wally Walnuts

19. hud01

Gold Member

When I quit I stopped drinking for 6 months to make it easier.

20. D_Wally Walnuts

I cut out drinking as well. I'll be right back where I started if I have a few beers. :frown1:

Draft saved Draft deleted