How do you get over him?

Willifred

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Doesn't sound like a good relationship in the first place, find someone who you would go to the end of the world for, not someone you describe as an 'ass'.

There are better people out there, when you find him you will know.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Loop a rubber band around your wrist and every time you think of him snap it real hard so it stings.

Some people enjoy being miserable and tragic, you may be one of them. Plan on moving out of your small town. No happiness awaits you there. There definitely are greener pastures.

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh my, you don't want to forget him, nor can you unless you have some sort of brain malady.
We grow so much from the people who pass through our lives. From both the fun and loving times as well as the sad and challenging times. Because in the end it's not really about the details of what has happened to us, but rather what we do and accomplish with our given circumstances.
Only time and the events in our lives seem to lessen the rough spots. For example: I've lost dear friends in the 80's and 90 to A.I.D.S. and my mom to breast cancer in 2000. The pain of loosing them is just as vivid today as it was those years ago, but since then, my life has been blessed and enriched with so many people and events. Like traveling, friends babies, my flowers this past spring and summer.
Only new memories pile on top of old ones and life seems easier.
So, as the saying goes, time heals all wounds. Give time, time.
Try some new things, new places and new faces and let us know what miracles come your way.

double peace

Last edited:

cloudedwithchaos

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm sorry, I hope I can explain everything better. He used to have a hobby... A secret hobby that I knew about before we started dating. He told me not to tell anyone about it, i broke that once, i'm not gonna do it again. (Hence the lie). He has said and done things that make me believe that he could still love me like that. The ride home wasn't weird by itself, but combined with the no to both going to the party and just hanging out... and the fact that he didn't stay after... I hoped out of his truck and he left; if he was gonna drive the 30 minutes back to my town, he'd stay at least for a few minutes, leaving's out of character (unless he wanted to spend time with me and didn't have time to stay)

@jasonbig: That's just it, it wasn't for sex. He dropped me off at a friends house and left. If he wanted a fuck or a suck he would have asked ahead of time.

@Willifred: He's not really an ass. I'm calling him an ass for being the person that I'm head over heels in love with, I'd walk through the gates of hell and back over and over again for him.

@sexplease: I'm not ready to give up on him quite yet, I love him and feel like he still loves me.

Any other questions? :)

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Have you gotten your horoscope charts done? That is one way of getting clarity about this situation.

Also, consider just being friends. True caring friends are much more valuable in life than lovers.

B_rzl

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
listen m8, i understand your situation, and its obvious that he just needs some time before he can let you in his heart again. if you want to stay close to him, do it, but dont be too much around him. you know him better tho, he might either be afraid of getting hurt again or he might just be trying to get you back to the ground, if you take my meaning.
anyway inform us here on the developments, id love to hear that the two of you are together and happy again

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
he prob gave you a lift home cus nighttime means shag, no effort involved, party going is effort and serious
Not necessarily and especially not if it was a lift to a third parties house. Take someone to a party and maybe you are expected to go to the party too, which means more time together. A lift home is self-limiting, When you get there its got an automatic end.

I cant tell exactly what you did or how serious it was. I remember once telling someone something just to see what happened, He told everyone for the rest of the day. So wasnt going to tell him anything else. Not exactly the same, but you just plainly told him he cant trust you. What sort of basis is that for a relationship? Obviously if he didnt care at all he wouldnt be giving lifts. Honestly, could he really trust you now?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Loop a rubber band around your wrist and every time you think of him snap it real hard so it stings.

Some people enjoy being miserable and tragic, you may be one of them. Plan on moving out of your small town. No happiness awaits you there. There definitely are greener pastures.

If lpsg had a "like" button, I'd use it now. :wink:

AdaramC

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
it gets better :) one day, it'll dawn on you that you're ok, he's ok, and you're both ok apart. then you get happy.

NYHoti

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I just ended a 12 year relationship about 2 months ago. I am perfectly fine with it. I have even gone out on a couple of dates. My advice to you "Date" yourself. Do all of the things that you would do for a loved one. Buy the little "just because" presents for yourself that you would have bought for that other person. Do something that you have always wanted to do that you have always put off. Surrond yourself with friends and family. Don't dwell on your past with your ex. My ex has gone to drinking alot - don't do that!
But like I said "Date" yourself. You deserve to have all of the love that your ex doesn't want anymore.