How do you guys care for your foreskins

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_shark888, Dec 15, 2010.

1. B_shark888

B_shark888 New Member

How often do you clean it? What do you use, only water or also shampoo/soap? Do you retract your foreskin when you pee?

2. ohioboxerbriefs

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wash it the same way and the same amount as any other parts of my body.

and yes i retract

3. ginger_qboy

ginger_qboy Member

Albums:
    Same as above!

No special cleaning needed lol. I spend more time washing my face than my dick!

4. texas69x

texas69x New Member

Albums:
    I wish I had a foreskin to care for. I would like to know how it feels to have what was taken from me. Long before I had any say in the matter.

5. dad4you

dad4you Member

I retract when I pee standing up, it makes such a mess otherwise. I don't retract when I sit, I kinda like the feeling of pee going through my foreskin and that keeps the bathroom clean.
    I pull it back in the shower, soap it up (sometimes more than necessary) and clean all of the area off. I don't like the idea of smegma and the smell of urine on my cock or others cocks. As I have a hand held shower, sometimes I direct the force of the shower against my foreskin... a bit of hot water JO :)

6. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I usually retract, but not always, I wash my cock when I wash my hands after peeing if I have privacy, but otherwise I wash my foreskin/dick as part of my normal shower routine, I tend to shower twice a day. I used to use soap until I found out it's kinda bad for the delicate mucuous membranes of the helmet so now I just use water. Never have smeg or anything, apparently using soap makes smeg more likely...

7. baldyboy8000

baldyboy8000 Member

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID. IF IT SMELLS IS AIN'T FOR ME (other than clean). I GENERALLY TAKE PACKETS OF WIPES IN MY POCKET TO CLEAN AFTER PEEING.

8. eurotop40

Gold Member

Mine is always retracted (had the frenulum cut). I wash my dick twice a day.

9. art

art
    Gold Member

Wash it in the shower with soap and water, like the rest of my body. Usually wash the outside of the shaft first, the retract the foreskin, wash underneath, and let the foreskin fall forward. Then, when I'm toweling off, after drying the outside of my cock, I'll retract the foreskin and gently dry inside.

10. jump_start

jump_start Member

Albums:
    It wasn't until recently (as in the last 6 months) that my foreskin would even retract without making me want to scream bloody murder. I pull the foreskin back, clean the head with soapy water, then leave the foreskin pulled back until it falls forward on its own. This usually takes a bit, as the foreskin is still quite tight. By then the soap has already been washed away by the shower. It feels good, the water hitting the head. :cool:

I've tried to retract it when I urinate, but it's very uncomfortable and it feels like the urine flow is obstructed. Once I'm done, I'll pull the foreskin back and wipe it off with a piece of toilet paper. That, in and of itself, made a HUGE difference in cleanliness.

11. aqua-illusion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't retract when I pee, it sprays too much, and I get backsplash...then I get wet pants, so I just leave it natural, but I will pull back and milk it so I don't get wet underwear spots.

Clean it in the shower with soap, let it go back on its own.
    Pretty standard stuff I guess.

12. drjimmy25

drjimmy25 New Member

I wash it with soap and water in the shower, pull back and wash, just like washing any other body part. I like to use toilet paper after I pee. sometimes, i get a drip that goes around and gets under the skin ( I do pull back when I pee). I am very neurotic about keeping it clean!

13. D_Jerry_Atric

D_Jerry_Atric Account Disabled

I do this but I don't dry the inside with a towel.

14. D_Jerry_Atric

D_Jerry_Atric Account Disabled

I do this but I don't dry the inside with a towel.

15. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was loosely circumcised and still can get a bad odor like urine and slight smegma in the folds.

#15 bigbull29, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  16. bbjj_789

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    my foreskin is always retracted...so i pretty much just wash like any other part of my body.

17. uncutguy37

uncutguy37 Active Member

Albums:
    Like most other guys, I wash in the shower, cock and balls first, then slide my skin back and wash the head, after I finish everything else, I wash my cock again, I usually put lotion on my face after a shower and put some lotion on the head (with the skin back) makes it slide back and fourth easier,
    usually slide my skin back when I piss, but not always, If I'm not gonna be having sex or late at night I just let it go.

18. oldredneck1

oldredneck1 Member

Read an interesting article about care of the foreskin:

An intact penis is self-cleaning just like a vagina, eyeball or nose/sinus. It is quite fitting; you may have to clean the 'outside', but you don't need to wash out the 'inside'. And just like an eyeball, you may wash the 'outside' (outer eyelid), but you don't wash the 'inside' (inner eyelid or eyeball). The foreskin is amazingly similar to the eyelid in that it is two-sided skin, with one side serving a protective function, and the other side serving a moisturizing functions, and both sides serving important sensory functions (there are more functions). The eyelid and the foreskin are the two most elastic pieces of skin on the male body. All of these examples involve areas where there is an inner mucous membrane, and an outer protective (but still sensitive) area. Even the mouth (cheek and lips) qualify; the cheeks and lips are two-sided skin, with a sensitive outer layer and an extremely sensitive inner skin also featuring a mucous membrane.

A man should certainly not use soap under the foreskin. Soap can cause irritation. Overzealous cleaning with soap would disrupt the natural bacterial flora balance and immune system, identical to a woman's vagina. Both women & men produce smegma--in fact, women produce much more of it. It is the same exact stuff; even the smells are identical. Why fear it with men and embrace it with women? Women do not require "internal" washing, and neither do men. Female & (intact) male genital parts are almost exactly identical, and both function much better when uncut.

Smegma is not dirt. It is necessary, healthy, and part of the immune system and natural healthy sebaceous activity.

In general, the foreskin requires minimal care. The following suggestions will help maintain good hygiene. Only the outside of the foreskin needs to be cleaned with soap.

During retraction, the exposed part of the glans should be cleansed with water. Wipe away any whitish material (smegma) that you find there. Smegma is simply the accumulation of dead skin cells that are normally shed from the glans and lining of the foreskin throughout life. After cleansing with plain water, always pull the foreskin forward to its normal position.

#18 oldredneck1, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    tutkunadam likes this.
  19. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oldredneck, those types of articles are just plain stupid. It is like those articles that claim that phimosis is perfectly normal and natural in an adult and doesn't impede the sex life.

And thsoe articles that claim the "don't clean it, don't try to retract it" which causes parents to fail to teach their sons about proper care fo the foreskin and which results in higher cases of phimosis and infections later on.

20. dikkiedik

dikkiedik Member

Albums:
    How old are you SHARK? Isn't this something you should know since you were a small boy? Cleaning your penis/foreskin is a daily routine like brushing your teeth. Sometimes you need to do it more often than usual.

Draft saved Draft deleted