How do you guys care for your foreskins

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you very much! But, yes, my genetic line (father's side) is known for extremely well-endowed men - just pure nature! And if I have a son someday, I hope he gets a penis like his daddy bigbull29.:biggrin1::wink:

I should take pics which show that I was loosely circumcised. I know that in my erect pics it doesn't look that way, but when I'm completely soft, my glands is competely covered by foreskin, which extends a bit beyond the slit.

That's the reason why I am getting a circumcision revision next month in order to keep the sulcus permanently exposed. Otherwise there is no point in getting cut.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
I always rinse under the skin when washing/showering (not necessary when bathing!) and often after having a pee.

I never use soap on the underside of the foreskin. I used to but was told not to by my medical friends as it can upset the natural body process. I also avoid using soap on the outside now, as I was getting dryness that would eventually split and become sore - especially during the couple of months either side of the turn of the year, when air pressure is often high and air quality dry (a bit of a joke this year given that it doesn't appear to have stopped raining since Christmas). Using water only when washing, plus the occasional application of E40 externally to soften the skin keeps it in good condition.

williamsw

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had hernia surgery 2 years ago , I am uncircumsized , my urology surgeon recommended that I pull down my foreskin and wash at least once a day and in washing in the shower pull down and stretch my foreskin so it would not be become tight , I never had any issue with smell or build up of any sort, I have since I was kid washed every day made sure I was clean .

Ronald75

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The epithelium of the glans penis (head) and the inner surface of the foreskin is mucosa, not skin and it should be kept moist and soap should be avoided. Excess use of soap and too much washing can dry the natural oils out of the tissue and cause non-specific dermatitis, so that is why I am careful about avoilding excess washing in the name of cleanliness.

Birley: Management of Recurrent Balanitis

Smegma that accumulates under the foreskin is harmless and does not need to be constantly removed, although it should not be left forever.

Smegma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope that I have explained my reasoning about my personal practices.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Soap irritates the tissues of the inside of the foreskin and the glans -- think about washing the inside of your eyelid (same tissue) with soap. Irritation from soap leads to more production of smegma, leads to more odor, which can lead to you washing more with soap.

Use warm water. Pull your foreskin back and rinse it carefully, making sure you have removed any build up of moisture, or smegma. If you stop the use of soap and rinse regularly for a week or so, you will not feel that you need soap again, and your foreskin will be healthier. I haven't washed my glans and foreskin with soap for more than a decade, no smegma build up, no bad odor. I pull back my foreskin and rinse my cock before sex, just to be sure I taste good.

Rob1948

Experimental Member
Media
I shower at least twice daily and retract the foreskin and wash with Dove for Sensitive Skin. Have been washing regulary with soap all my life (65 years old) and have never had a problem with dry skin there. I don't believe that I would "feel clean" without using soap.

spock2461

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I skin back and just rinse with water in the shower. I will occasionally put a little aloe on the glans and the inner skin

MDude

1st Like
Media
I pretty much just piss through my 'skin. In the shower, I'll soap up my crotch thoroughly but rinse it off completely before I skin back my dick and rinse it off with water briefly. Backcountry camping, I'll just let it cheese up until I can get to a hot spring or lake where I'll just skin it back and let it soak. (*Carefully* skin it back, if it's been a few days.)

ny4skin

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I retract in the shower, in the mornings before work, and at night after the gym. I only use soap if it's been a few days, and then I have to put some moisturizer on the glans and skin. I retract to pee standing, all the way at urinals for some reason.

I don't know about other guys... but to me... Foreskin really doesn't require much care at all. I never understood why people say stuff about it being hard to clean or whatever.

When I go pee, I pull the skin back as I am lifting my cock. It's a reflex and it's effortless. After I pee, I squeeze the base of my cock forward to get the last bit of pee out, and use my fingers to pull the skin down. It's so simple...

All I use is water on my dick. I've never had smegma or anything like that. My dick smells pretty damn good.

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I keep mine in a ring box, to keep the dust off. Once a month or so, I use some light skin cream on it to keep it subtle and soft. It gets gently washed once a year, then put back in the box for safe keeping. It's really kind of small, so it isn't that difficult to take care of.