How do you keep yourself from the one you love?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you are talking about a long distance relationship...sometimes being apart is unavoidable do to the circumstances of life. It is not ideal and often very frustrating, but sometimes absence does make the heart grow fonder. During the times that you are together can make you appreciate the experience and each other so much more than the painful times you spend apart. Just my two cents because I've been there.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My relationship with Bubba started as a long distance one. We had a plan in place to see each other once per month and then we found a way to bring ourselves together more quickly than we first expected.

I know many guys in LTRs--between 200 and 3000 miles and I think that the most important thing is for both people to be working towards a life together.

There is, as NY noted, an intensity when you see each other after being apart for a while.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Well, not just long distance.. but even spending time apart for the day.

You've seen it on the films and on television.... it's a love that is so intense that being apart for merely a second is agony. So, my question is/should have been... if you have felt that before, how do you deal with it?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

You've seen it on the films and on television.... it's a love that is so intense that being apart for merely a second is agony. So, my question is/should have been... if you have felt that before, how do you deal with it?

Thanks for that clarification. I actually enjoy my time at work away from Bubba. It gives me a chance to miss he presence, smell, etc. and lets me do little things to surprise him (buy a card, flowers, note, etc.).

Plus, work gives me a place to unwind from home and vice versa. I have always appreciated having some time that is "mine" so that I can be alone in my thoughts and reflect.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On a day to day basis I always appreciate some time apart; so I can't identify with what happens in television and film. I feel that varied experiences and some time devoted to individual pursuits enhance a relationship in that you bring new ideas and experiences to share with each other.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

That part doesn't last for long... :tongue:

Really, after the first few lustful months in love, I generally like to have/need a bit of space during the day. If the separation lasts a week or more; yeah, it's gets intense and the "glad to see you again" sex is wonderful.

I've had some horrendious cell phone bills. I am calling her every hour or more. I've been called a pest when I'm in that mode.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you are talking about a long distance relationship...sometimes being apart is unavoidable do to the circumstances of life. It is not ideal and often very frustrating, but sometimes absence does make the heart grow fonder. During the times that you are together can make you appreciate the experience and each other so much more than the painful times you spend apart. Just my two cents because I've been there.

In our case it's presently unavoidable due to the fact that we've both been with our current employers for less than a year. Valentine's day (a long 4 day) weekend was rather special as it had been a little over a month since we'd been together and my first time visiting him in California. We trying to make the most of every minute we're together. We spend a lot of time on the phone and txt msging each other. We both spend more hours in the gym than the average guy so that our workout routines, in addition to our careers, help take our minds off things like being apart. It also helps a little knowing that being separated right now is just another transitional period in our lives and that it's not going to be like this forever.

Last edited:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I mean, seriously? If you love them that much.... how do you justify being apart?

I just felt like being romantic.. my mind is wandering.

I'm in a long distance relationship, and I hate it. We've been together a little over 3 months now. I love him to death, the distance will never break us, I don't think. Doesn't make me hate being without him any less though.

Thanks for that clarification. I actually enjoy my time at work away from Bubba. It gives me a chance to miss he presence, smell, etc. and lets me do little things to surprise him (buy a card, flowers, note, etc.).

Plus, work gives me a place to unwind from home and vice versa. I have always appreciated having some time that is "mine" so that I can be alone in my thoughts and reflect.

I'm with you on this Lex! I think time apart is vital in a relationship, no matter how much I may want to be with him every second.