How do you know a gay guy is interested in you at a restaurant.

D_Perry Propagater

Account Disabled
Media
I am kinda new to the whole dating men thing.
Was at the barber shop today and the guy next to me kept staring and staring and staring...I kinda got uncomfortable. When I was done, I went to the mac next door and 5 mins later he walked in. I caught him staring at me again while he was at the counter. It was so akward....anyway 5 mins later I walked out...
So how do I know a guy intersted in me coz yeah he was quite something.....

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
SMILE AND SAY HELLO!?!?!? Eh, sounds like too much effort - I think I'll just stay home and talk to my cat.....

pinkpineapples

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've never had this occur, as normally I do the staring lol. Or occasional, but subtle looks. But I think if there appeared to be that much interest (which i NEVER get lol), I would create a situation as to 'bump' into him or something, and force some talking. Idk lol, i'm a n00b when it comes to bois.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It has been my experience that if someone stares at you long enough to make you feel uncomfortable then they are either a serial killer or a serial killer in training.
If someone give you an appraising glance with a smile and lingers back to you for a few seconds and smiles... they are in fact flirting with you. Go over and say hello and introduce yourself.

YouTube - Gay Cruising

Last edited:

jeff2982

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I say walk up, hold out youor hand and introduce yourself. If he was staring at you, that's all you need. He knows it, you know it, say hello. At this point, if he was staring at you because you have a huge booger or food on your face, he's not going to want to continue the conversation and he'll say, bro, you have a huge booger and leave promptly.

On the other hand, if he's into you, or thinks you're hot, he'll be shocked that you had the balls to walk up and introduce yourself and he may have nothing to say. At this point there is potential for awkward silence which will give just enough time for both of you to think, "Oh crap, this was a mistake". Instead say anything you would say to a dude... about the barbershop or the menu at the restaurant or whatever.

You're not gonna say, "I saw you staring at me, are you interested in getting naked?" No. Don't make it harder than it is. Just say hello. Talk to him like anyone else. If there's chemistry for more, you'll know. (Or post again, cause that's a different question all together).

Steve.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Or you can do what heteros have been doing. Send a drink pre-paid if you are at a bar.

In summary, walk up/over to them and introduce your self. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Life is full of challenges.

kracker52

Admired Member
Media
Sioux Falls (South Dakota, United States)
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
there is movie complex not far from my job site, once in awhile if things are slow I'll go to matinee..recently I took in a movie and got seriuos gaydar from a guy sitting a couple rows back, he got up went to consessions I follwed him out and got a Coke introduced my self...we watched the movie together and ended back up at his place..so I'd say if you have a feeling find a way to follow through if your interested