How do you know a person is gay, really?

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, we all heard of gaydar, and there's this scientific research found that gaydar actually exists. Gays are very efficient in identifying other gays. Ok, now let's talk about us. How good do you think your gaydar is? I mean, I am gay, but I can never guess correctly whether that one guy is gay or not. What aspects of one person that you particularly pay attention to, to identify he's gay? Please help your confused brother here....

Last edited:

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ask the guy what he thinks of a certain girl that's relatively attractive. If the word "nice" comes up, he's gay, if the word "hot" comes up (or cute, whatever), he's straight. Both means bisexual or curious

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ohh, thank you! But, how accurate is this? I mean, are all the straight guys responding in the same way? Straight guys here, can you confirm this?

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the only way to really know is to ask. Just learn how to be tactful and avoid getting punched in the face. :)

Well, too bad Malaysians are not like America... We can't just ask if someone is gay, because it's considered taboo here... The only thing I can depend on is body gesture...

'How do you know a person is gay, really?'

.If he sucks my cok. :cool:

and your cock has thorns, are you sure?

Last edited:

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My gayradar is very efficient....no problem in telling if someone is gay. It just takes me a few minutes of conversation to know for sure and just a few looks to say if he is very probably gay. I can see also repressed gays....it is a kind of empathy among gays i guess. It is a sort of istinct within our nature....

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My gayradar is very efficient....no problem in telling if someone is gay. It just takes me a few minutes of conversation to know for sure and just a few looks to say if he is very probably gay. I can see also repressed gays....it is a kind of empathy among gays i guess. It is a sort of istinct within our nature....

Seriously, teach me!

pwrdick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
How good do you think your gaydar is? I mean, I am gay, but I can never guess correctly whether that one guy is gay or not. What aspects of one person that you particularly pay attention to, to identify he's gay? ....

I've travelled extensively worldwide, as well as played with other men around the world.

I think I have quick and accurate Gaydar among men of my own culture - Americans. The secret for me is in the eyes, how long do they hold contact & connection to you. And, of course you can always watch where those eyes go when they're looking at someone else (or you). Gay men are also less frightened or feel more comfortable being closer to another man physically. It is sometimes amusing to see how frightened straight Americans are about touching another man inadvertantly or being grazed by another man.

But these clues seem to be less helpful with men of different cultures- particularly Brits and Europeans. European men seem to be more comfortable holding another man's eye contact regardless of their orientation. And their field of 'private space' seems to be reduced and they are less concerned about another man's contact or nearness. You have to rely more on watching their eyes watch what body parts of others. In contrast, Japanese men of both orientation seem to be more shy about holding eye contact for more than just what's required to aknowledge another man's presence. Like Europeans, their zone of privacy is reduced so an occassional touch or graze is quite matter-of-fact. But gay Japanese men DO cruise other men (where the other man isn't looking) with abandon. So I still say, focus on the eyes.

There's a few parts of the world I am less experienced with: Indonesia, Northern Africa, Middle East and the subcontinent of Asia.

Reactions: teninchman

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You don't know unless the person tells you.

All talk of gaydar is stupid. Those, who use such terms, are people with sad sex fantasy lives who are not really in touch with reality.

Come on, don't be so angry... actually, gaydar has been researched and it's found to be a real phenomenon... take a look at this...

Solving the Mystery of Gaydar | Psychology Today

I've travelled extensively worldwide, as well as played with other men around the world.

I think I have quick and accurate Gaydar among men of my own culture - Americans. The secret for me is in the eyes, how long do they hold contact & connection to you. And, of course you can always watch where those eyes go when they're looking at someone else (or you). Gay men are also less frightened or feel more comfortable being closer to another man physically. It is sometimes amusing to see how frightened straight Americans are about touching another man inadvertantly or being grazed by another man.

But these clues seem to be less helpful with men of different cultures- particularly Brits and Europeans. European men seem to be more comfortable holding another man's eye contact regardless of their orientation. And their field of 'private space' seems to be reduced and they are less concerned about another man's contact or nearness. You have to rely more on watching their eyes watch what body parts of others. In contrast, Japanese men of both orientation seem to be more shy about holding eye contact for more than just what's required to aknowledge another man's presence. Like Europeans, their zone of privacy is reduced so an occassional touch or graze is quite matter-of-fact. But gay Japanese men DO cruise other men (where the other man isn't looking) with abandon. So I still say, focus on the eyes.

There's a few parts of the world I am less experienced with: Indonesia, Northern Africa, Middle East and the subcontinent of Asia.

Thank you man! that's very helpful.. I used to hold a gaze with this one cute guy and i think it's a good indication... :)

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
I've travelled extensively worldwide, as well as played with other men around the world....

I spent six weeks in India and my gaydar was almost totally nonfunctional there. Men are all over one another, walking hand in hand down the street where women are rarely seen. Lots of public affection among extremely hot young guys, especially in the north with the Sikhs and Kashmiris. Even when Indian guys make intense eye contact and seem very touchy-feely, I have no idea what it means. So had no sex while there although lots of social contact-- I probably failed to read some opportunities.

The only other place where my gaydar was so confused was the Paris Metro. Being stared at by man after man at first flattered me b/c it seemed like sexual approval. But then sometimes I'd think it was a hate stare, anti-American or anti-gay or whatever b/c it seemed unfriendly rather than sexual. Then I noticed that women were staring at me in ways that I couldn't tell sexual from hostile from whatever. After days of trying to interpret why this or that person was staring at me on the Metro, I finally concluded: They Just Stare Here.

I think Canada and Mexico are more in the same culture zone for US gaydar; at least I hooked up successfully there unlike Asia and Europe (with one exception in France).

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wish there will be one scientific researcher who would be nice enough to do a research regarding cultural diff in gaydar...so it'll benefit us a loooot...