How Do You Know If A Guy Is A Top or A Bottom?

Smallbutbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have had a lifetime of this exp both ways and with women. So I feel qualified to comment.

1. Yes there were (and still are) codes of dress that identify sexual preferences, but nowadays it is so wide that it is confusing!!

2. My view is that every guy is capable of being both. Just depends on his experience and enjoyment to date.

3. It is all down to chemistry and mood during the activity....

4 No form of penetration need to be painful (though sometimes it can add to the pleasure). The more chemistry and compatability there is the closer the two humans can simply connect.

5. Internet has forced the issue of being clear about whats what. So it is rather unnatural. Better to be openminded until real life steps in only then will you know if it is going to be good!! I have been pleasantly surprised in my time but much prefer the real life situation.

6. I love being bottom because it is the ultimate expression as a male to submit to another male sexually. Very different to women, whole set of different dynamics.

7 Sexuality is a whole spectrum of colours, it cannot nor should be pigeoned holed or treated like a shopping list of demands. It is an exploration of experiences and moods.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I'm really curious about this whole dynamic.

It appears to me that most guys are exclusive to their favored position in sex and so that got me wondering how do you know what a guy's preference is when you're getting to know him as a prospective date? Are there clues or phrases or something that gay guys use to decode this sort of thing or do the two just attract each other like magic? Is incompatibility a deal breaker?

It seems like you certainly don't want to flirt with someone all night long only to find out at the end of the evening that you are not at all sexually compatible. So, this is a good question. But at what point do you bring up the topic? Do you go out, just talk to lots of people and and have fun and if you are sexually interested in someone, just ask and then move on if they are not compatible?

The days of seeing a man with an earring in his right ear lobe indicating he is gay are long gone as many men are in to all kinds of piercing.

I posted this over in the Rimming thread but it may be helpful to some here:
The Hustle presents The Hankie Code :: NAKEDSWORD *turbo*

Hankies are still used by some men but I think they are used more as a fashion statement in order to identify like-minded individuals.

B_AZBiGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i always prep just incase the other dude wants to top; normally, in making out and I;m laying on top of him, if he raises his legs up around my waist and starts moving his hips like hes being fucked - thats a pretty clear sign to me that I'm about to plow his ass.

That just got me so hot.:biggrin1:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
you could always drop something on the ground if he bends over to pick it up, bottom. if he waits for you pick up, top. he is checks out your ass while you're bent over, interested top.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The Hustle presents The Hankie Code :: NAKEDSWORD *turbo*

Hankies are still used by some men but I think they are used more as a fashion statement in order to identify like-minded individuals.

Damn, it must have been so hard to remember all the positions and colors
of hankies and what they all meant. I seems to me that if you made a
mistake you could have been in real trouble....ie, fisting instead of oral. :yikes:
They must have had to carry a "cheat sheet" around with them to keep
from making any big mistakes.....:pat:

I don't know what I would have done, since the first thing I did to my new
jeans was tear off the back pockets...which was the style at the time. I
would not have had a pocket to signal with.....:biggrin1: