How do you ladies feel about...

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
..the various sections on this site devoted specifically to women?

Ask a woman
Woman's issues

Are you comfortable with them? How do they make you feel? Would you like more sections directed towards issues that pertain to you? Do you feel there is a contrast between these sections existing and not existing? Have you noticed a change in men's behavior since they've been developed? How do you feel about the groups created specifically for women on other parts of the site? Has it made an impact on your safety or well being with regard to the site in any way?

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this is a pretty lame question.

Well i would agree with you to a certain degree. I mean obviously it's nice and welcoming to have a place among a place to represent who you are, what you're about as well as there being an element of respect an safety there. Was just wondering though if people understood the importance of having such a place is all.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I think this is a pretty lame question.

Have you seen some of the other questions?

CL, I cannot speak to pre division, but I look at AAW as a place to limit the dumb and repetitive.
I'm in an all women group, and a mixed social group here for more comradely interactions.

I truly wish the pre division Women's Issues questions were locked or moved to AAW.

As for safely, this is the Web. Typically a forum is a physically safe place.
I get to learn how far behind men really are with equality, and how people of all genders contribute to the dehumanizing of people of all genders.

I don't feel physically vulnerable here, but the insights make me more proactive in the real world.
Does that answer you at all?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Well i would agree with you to a certain degree. I mean obviously it's nice and welcoming to have a place among a place to represent who you are, what you're about as well as there being an element of respect an safety there. Was just wondering though if people understood the importance of having such a place is all.

On crabbier days I wonder if they weren't made for men. Ever hear the phrase shooting fish in a barrel?

Reactions: Crimsonlurker

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On crabbier days I wonder if they weren't made for men. Ever hear the phrase shooting fish in a barrel?

Yeah i can understand that. As well as your other post. Thanks for answering. :)

Oh and i'm guessing numbers have a lot to do with it. And well...society in general. People's level of intelligence. How people define respect. Ok and a whole host of other things. But yeah i can fully understand what you mean. Both ways actually. Hopefully you meant it that way or maybe i'm just interpreting it that way but i get how it can feel like sort of a trap for both men and women.

Haha...
ackbar-xlarge_trans++uzNJMpt-xp3nPuQhFJOjaI1_Bnx9uINdC_XC5LRmTXQ.jpg

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
They did this Ask A Woman thing after I left the last time. I like it much better. I got so tired of reminding people that their penis is not a woman's issue. It's also nice to have a spot where men can't inject their own opinions about questions directly related to women.

Women's Issues is a monumental waste of time.

A person asks a question there and a dozen guys chime in.

Seriously unless they're female, or identify as female then they need to shut the fuck up.
More often than not they have no idea what they're talking about
and they are speakig from their own masculine perspective or a "as told by" point of
view.

As for changes in behaviour re: Ask a Woman - well there will always be some dipshit newbie who thinks
he'll be the exception rather than the rule.
They'll always argue the point that their dick pics belong in Ask a Woman and throw a
tantrum and trot out the tried, trusted and utterly predictable "Then what are you doing on a Big Dick site
if you don't like looking at dicks!"

You'd swear these dickheads have all been reading from the same play book.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ok so I've re-evaluated haha... Apologies for my initial response.

I'd have to agree that I am thankful for the women's threads because before they had them it was difficult to find a space where I wouldn't get a cock in my face.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually find very little of interest in the Woman's Issues forum. More than half of the responses are from males telling us how women should respond. And the threads are pretty lame.

Let's see, there's "Castration fantasy," "Girls that love length," and "Camming with guys - the truth." I have zero, non, nada in participating in any of those discussions except to express my amazement that these threads were even started.

Ask A Woman is much better because the answers truly do come from women. However, I will only answer what I feel are questions deserving of an answer. "Rate my junk" or "Do I look small to you" will probably get you booted from the forum. I know because I've done it before (perks of being a mod). Not my rules but site rules, although I agree with them wholeheartedly.

'Women's issues' is a complete joke. I have previously said that I'm not impressed with either 'women's issues' or 'ask a woman'. Even if there is a 'women's issue' in 'women's issues', surely it's everyone's issue? At first I didn't like 'ask a woman' because I personally wouldn't have wanted to post there and thereby exclude some responses from people who might actually have something to add. I have since changed my mind about that though, and I now think it probably does you lot a world of good to not have your opinions heard.

Reactions: Crimsonlurker

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I really think that we women could hijack women's issues.
Post about periods, pay disparity, catcalling,various wave feminism....just spend a couple days and clog it up and get the threads from 2006 off the flipping front page.
Oh, transmen at women's colleges would be a great topic.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Post about periods, pay disparity, catcalling,various wave feminism....just spend a couple days and clog it up and get the threads from 2006 off the flipping front page.
Wouldn't that be awesome? Let me fantasize about that for a moment...

Okay. Back to reality. Well, my Crimson Bloom, you know that as soon as we had the place all full of real issues, some dipshit is going to drag that damn castration thread back to the front page, and make the excuse it was started by a woman. I mean we could start a thread about how some women, oh, what's the term...identify with the oppressor? That's not it. Lateral violence? Suck up? You know what I mean. Anyway, it would take about a week for mushroom heads, analingus, petite chicks/big dicks etc to push it off the page.

Taking back Women's Issues. :mad::D

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wouldn't that be awesome? Let me fantasize about that for a moment...

Okay. Back to reality. Well, my Crimson Bloom, you know that as soon as we had the place all full of real issues, some dipshit is going to drag that damn castration thread back to the front page, and make the excuse it was started by a woman. I mean we could start a thread about how some women, oh, what's the term...identify with the oppressor? That's not it. Lateral violence? Suck up? You know what I mean. Anyway, it would take about a week for mushroom heads, analingus, petite chicks/big dicks etc to push it off the page.

Taking back Women's Issues. :mad::D

Very true. Very sadly true.

I like the idea of doing that, but as things stand at the moment it would be a lot of effort for a very brief reward. Renovating 'women's issues' would be a losing battle while the site itself is sexist and some of the mods seem to be too. 'Women's issues' is only in the state it's in now because the mods don't know the difference between a women's issue and a wankfest.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like the idea of doing that, but as things stand at the moment it would be a lot of effort for a very brief reward. Renovating 'women's issues' would be a losing battle while the site itself is sexist and some of the mods seem to be too. 'Women's issues' is only in the state it's in now because the mods don't know the difference between a women's issue and a wankfest.
The mods are no longer allowed to move posts, merge threads, and the like. Your ire is misdirected.