How do YOU like to be shafted?

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Tell ya how we're getting ripped off "legally" these days.

I noticed years ago how when you fry bacon, so much water comes out of it it that it all but boils until all the water has evaporated and what's left of the bacon can actually fry.

I cooked steak sandwiches for me and my boys tonight and the same happened.

A nice piece of rump steak in the pan, a little oil to stop it sticking until its own "fat" was released.

I could have made a soup of the liquid that came out of it.

It was disgusting.

Pure water (no, not pure, scummy).

Injected to make it heavier at the point of sale.

Fuck Iraq's, Burma's, Zimbabwe's and Thailand's corruption issues - when's the government gunna start jailing these bastards who sell us water as prime beef?:mad:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Every time I buy gas I get shafted. Every time I buy groceries and household items I get shafted. Every time I go and buy my prescription medicine I get shafted.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Buy Canadian bacon instead?

I'd love to, but I'm in the UK.

PS. Is canadian bacon like American bacon, cuz we in the UK don't just use the streaky stuff (although I've no problems with that, as I like it).

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Tell ya how we're getting ripped off "legally" these days.

I noticed years ago how when you fry bacon, so much water comes out of it it that it all but boils until all the water has evaporated and what's left of the bacon can actually fry.

I cooked steak sandwiches for me and my boys tonight and the same happened.

A nice piece of rump steak in the pan, a little oil to stop it sticking until its own "fat" was released.

I could have made a soup of the liquid that came out of it.

It was disgusting.

Pure water (no, not pure, scummy).

Injected to make it heavier at the point of sale.

Fuck Iraq's, Burma's, Zimbabwe's and Thailand's corruption issues - when's the government gunna start jailing these bastards who sell us water as prime beef?:mad:

Assuming you are from the United States = Adding water to a meat product must be disclosed by percentage on the label.

Water in Meats

PS. Is canadian bacon like American bacon, cuz we in the UK don't just use the streaky stuff (although I've no problems with that, as I like it).

No. It's the rounded patty-type things. American is belly bacon, Canadian is back bacon. Sorry yours sucks so much. The only kind of bacon I like is back bacon save for in turkey club sandwich where belly bacon is yummy.

There should be guides on the packaging that says whether or not water is added. There are premium brands that have no added water which cost more.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Assuming you are from the United States = Adding water to a meat product must be disclosed by percentage on the label.

Water in Meats

UK., but I think the same law probaly applies.

Why is it allowed at all, is my question.

I took my suit to the dry cleaners and they asked if i wanted to pay an extra couple of £'s to have my trousers "super-pressed". I asked what that meant and the girl said "We put a really good crease in your trousers" I said "So u want me to pay extra for you to do the job I'm paying you to do in the first instance". She never got what I was saying, at all, and I left having declined the "super-press" regime.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There are premium brands that have no added water which cost more.

Why does it cost more?

Why do we have to opt-in rather than opt-out for proper food that we're paying for is my query.

The world's gone fkn mad.

I give a service in my work and it's ALWAYS grade A.

No opt in or out. I expect th same elsewhere.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned.

Why does it cost more?

Why do we have to opt-in rather than opt-out for proper food that we're paying for is my query.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned.

Because real meat costs more than water-added meat. If the water-added people charged the same, then yeah, I'd be pissed. But if they took out the water then they'd have to charge more because they'd be giving you more meat. In any event, if I lived in the UK, I'd have haddock and eggs with a nice muffin with jam and butter instead. As it is, the only time I actually make an effort to get up for breakfast is when I'm in the UK at a good hotel. English breakfasts are the best gastronomic thing the Brits have invented (though I will accept Stilton and Cheddar as reasonable arguments otherwise).

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Canadian Bacon is like the piece of mystery meat in an Egg McMuffin.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Why does it cost more?

Maybe I'm old-fashioned.

No your not old - fashioned at all your spot on.

I was in a chippy the other day, all i had was one bag of chips 1-55 it cost and it was one scoop of chips, i asked why the portion was so small yet the price was so high, i was met with " Well do want em or not ", told them to stick em where monkies stick their nuts.

I am sick of getting ripped off, you really have to challenge things all the time which is not always enjoyable, but i will :mad:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, gas prices, lead paint on toys, high RX prices, water in meat, the credit crisis, etc.

Its called deregulation and free trade. The theory is that if you remove all regulation from commerce, the free market will create a utopia all by itself.

It is a good theory except for one little flaw. That flaw is that it depends on corporations not being greedy and the consumer being perfectly informed and savvy enough to make the right choices. For some reason, it doesn't seem to be working.