• Nearby neighbors

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Friends of friends or family

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Internet (Facebook, LPSG, Yahoo, etc)

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Childhood friends

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Social venues (clubs, church, bars, arts)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Random encounters (on bus, while shopping, walking dog)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Other (prison, hospital, lawsuit)

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

D_Diesel Oyl

Sexy Member
Media
I make almost all my friends at work. Some were college roomates and guys on the dorm floor. Which is all pretty damned random.

For some of them, after a while I realized I didn't have all that much in common. I think I make too much of an effort to conform to people. So there is sometimes a point where I just cut it off. It gets tiring, same old stuff over and over. A few times it has become very clear when someone gets married and I find that I'm completely different than their new spouse. I have no remorse in ending the friendships. I have many friends I have known a long time and really enjoy them, but I think we all change after a while and things just don't seem to work.

Anyone else like this?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
but I think we all change after a while and things just don't seem to work.

Anyone else like this?

Yep' pretty much agree musclebander
As important as friends are, we seem to neglect it often, as of prime importance in life
When i was an immature 16yo a mature Uni 24 yr old (forget about the fact he wanted my dik) wrote me
'things may change, but never in the way of friendship'
never heard from him again, after i told him i was not interested in him,,?..for THAT'
(at that stage of my life)
Friends..hundreds of variations with the usage of the word huh?
Whats happend with myself as life has progressed
I have found that many persons whom ideally i should have maintaned contact with .. as friend,s
have all diassapeared..mm..and i am figuring that if i found them again, it would realllly be a pseudo relationship
' ah yes, we must catch up sometime' or come around for dinner? and we all tend to be under a little suffereance..
has happened, and can see it happening again, so i avoid it now.
enz

still waiting for an alien to rescue me.....ha'

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I guess I meet good friends mostly through other friends and work. I still have the old friends from school and childhood.

When I was 19 years old my Mum said that "the friends you have today will be the best you ever have." I think that for me, this is true. I have never confided my deepest feelings to my adulthood friends, the way we did as youths. And I can still talk to those people in that way, even we haven't seen each other in years. We are some kind of security blanket or relief valve for each other or something. May be at that age we are less defensive or more open and once those barriers are down, and you've bared your soul, they stay down. I think it was more like love than friendship at that age.

I am just now in the past couple weeks having the pleasure of become close to a new friend. We are in the "doing outdoors stuff" bonding phase. It's nice. I like making friends.

I've had the same group of mates for years - mainly friends of the family, and people we knew when we moved here.

Sometimes you make good mates at college/work, but they tend to come and go. Also made a couple of long-term friends on the internet.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Almost all of my good friends are friends from school, or neighbors. I guess i make friends in people in close proximity.

Anyways, i don't make friends super-fast. It takes some time for me to being totally comfortable. But when you are one of my friends, rest assured, i'll always be there for you.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Almost all my friends are from the martial arts school I go to. And, almost all of them have at one point in time hit me on the face. There's really a bizarre bond you develop with people who try taking your head off.

Most bizarre of all is that these people I consider my best friends I have almost nothing in common with.

montanaguy

Sexy Member
Media
The following I ran across somewhere on the internet a few years ago, and when I had read it the first time, it described a lot of people that I have known over the years both before I found it, and in the years since then.

True Friends

PEOPLE COME INTO YOUR LIFE FOR A REASON
I am sending this to you to see how many actually read their email. Your response will be interesting.
Pay attention to what you read. After you have
finished reading it, you will know the reason it was
sent to you. Here goes:

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide y ou with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at
an inconvenient time, this person will say or do
something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.!

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must build upon in order to have a solid
emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the
lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.

Send this to every friend that you have online.

0 Replies - you may need to work on your "people
skills"

2 Replies - you are nice but probably need to be
more outgoing

4 Replies - you have picked your friends well

6 Replies - you are downright popular

8 Replies or More - you are totally awesome (and
that's probably why you're on MY list)
I wonder what mine will be