How do you make friends?

jasalex

Sexy Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I am an extrovert, in fact people that know me, have heard me say I that I force myself on people. What I mean by that is I usually make the first move and talk to people. I have a gift for gab, so I can engage the average stranger in conversation.
Unfortunately, my buddy is not that way. He moved away for work and has not really made any friends. My definition of a friend is someone you can trust and count on. Too many people have acquaintances which are not the same. He has tried work and churches and the gym and thats about it but no friends. I have known people to suffer through marriages just so they have someone.
I was wondering if anyone had any successful and creative ideas for making friends?

Reactions: 185248

Viper73

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Jasalex,

I am very much like your buddy. For some reason it's incredibly hard for me also and none of the common advice (take a class, join a club, etc) tricks seem to work for me either. I've almost came to the conclusion that people - in general - just aren't that friendly anymore :(

Reactions: Thickbear96

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think a person has to take it beyond the casual conversation stage. A person has to put himself out there a little more--invite people to lunch, dinner, have a beer, etc.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ca8cd49b2448f2e14204d98efdf9b0fe--friends-shirts-printed.jpg

I am an extrovert, in fact people that know me, have heard me say I that I force myself on people. What I mean by that is I usually make the first move and talk to people. I have a gift for gab, so I can engage the average stranger in conversation.
Unfortunately, my buddy is not that way. He moved away for work and has not really made any friends. My definition of a friend is someone you can trust and count on. Too many people have acquaintances which are not the same. He has tried work and churches and the gym and thats about it but no friends. I have known people to suffer through marriages just so they have someone.
I was wondering if anyone had any successful and creative ideas for making friends?

Spread a rumour that your friend is related to Jenifer Lawrence........:)