How do you measure yours?

Erok1982

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
So I was thinking. How exactly do other people measure their cocks?

I am 8.5x6 and heres how i do it. I measured from the top (looking down at it) straight out to the tip of my head. Then, for girth take a string around and measure the length if the string for circumference (kinda like when you get measured for a suit). Is this the common method?

Im wondering how all these people have like 10 inch dicks but dont look any bigger than me; maybe I do it wrong. Feedback and discussion is appreciated.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Along the dorsal surface (that's the top side, closest to your stomach) from the pubic bone to the tip, following any curve that your cock might have. If you have a high body fat percentage, the layer of fat at the base of the penis will give you a shorter measurement.

Girth should be measured with a tape or string, like you said.

legionnaire24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have a slight curve to the right but I don't include it in my measurement because I'm too lazy. Other than that, I measure along the top from the very base to the tip. Usually comes out to around 8.5. Might be a tad bit longer if I included the curvature.
I never measure girth since I usually dont have a tape measure on hand.

pavement

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Along the dorsal surface (that's the top side, closest to your stomach) from the pubic bone to the tip, following any curve that your cock might have. If you have a high body fat percentage, the layer of fat at the base of the penis will give you a shorter measurement.

Girth should be measured with a tape or string, like you said.

But for girth how tight should the tape measure be ? Never really seen much of an answer.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
But for girth how tight should the tape measure be ? Never really seen much of an answer.

Just tight enough that the tape won't slip on the skin if you try to rotate it. Any tighter and you'll be squeezing the flesh and getting an inaccurate measurement. This is basically the method used by tailors when measuring neck, chest and waist for a suit.

harry_pothead

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Length
I've measured myself with a standard cloth measuring tape both on the dorsal side (starting at the pubic bone) and the ventral side (starting where the base of the penis meets the balls). I'm 7.5 ventral and 6.75 dorsal. Medical measurements use the dorsal side, but when Men self measure we use the ventral side because it gives the biggest result. I'm 7.5 self measured and 6.75 medically measured. If someone asks me what my penis size is, I say 7.5 because people in those circumstances give their self measurement size, not their medical measurement size, and the people I'm talking to assume I'm doing the same thing.

It makes sense that penis size studies that use medical measurements give an average of around 5.75 and ones that use self measurements give an average of around 6.5. If you want to know how you stand, don't worry so much about which measurement method you're using as long as it's consistent with what you're comparing against.

Girth
As for girth, I just measure around to fit like I would measure anything else. I'm between 5.75 and 6. Unlike with length, there's really only one way to measure girth which is why I think there's no difference in girth measurement between medically measured studies and self measured studies unlike with length.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Length
Medical measurements use the dorsal side, but when Men self measure we use the ventral side because it gives the biggest result.

Speak for yourself there! I have always used the dorsal measurement. I think that most of the (non-faker) guys on LPSG recognize that the dorsal measurement is the correct one and that is the one they provide when asked their size.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the bigger question is, Why is it important to measure your cock in the first place?? Exactly what do you do with this information???
Nothing special really , is an ego thing. Guys want to know how they compare with others. Is like the height thing.