• Total voters

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Hi everybody !

I of course know what I think of our site and what I'd like it to be, but now I'd like to hear how everybody else feels.

To begin with, when I first found lpsg it was mainly aimed at men with above average sized dicks. It was a place where we discussed our experiences and feelings to do with us being "large".
Large Penis Support Group was interpreted to mean a support group for those with a large penis.

Since then the site has grown enormously and I think it's safe to say that the majority of the membership are not men with above average sized dicks.
Large Penis Support Group is interpreted to mean a large support group where the subject of the penis is discussed. (with a lot of focus on size)

Today, we have a much more diversified membership, made up of both men and women, both large and not so large, both straight and not so straight and of course members of all ages, 18 and upwards.

Personally, I think it's fantastic that LPSG has evolved and broadened over the years. While in the beginning, I was able to communicate with others in a similar situation to mine, I can now communicate with pretty much anybody I wish, which is fantastic.

Outside of the internet, it's still pretty much a no-no to be talking about penis size in anything else but a joking manner, but not at LPSG.

While I understand that it's natural for members who were around at the time when I first joined LPSG to have "moved on" and no longer visit the site, I get very concerned when I hear some say that they no longer feel that LPSG is welcoming them and are leaving for that reason. I have heard members say that they perceive LPSG to be a "gay adult site".

My take on that is that LPSG is a web site and doesn't have a sexuality.
We have members who are gay, we have members who are straight and we seem to have a very large group who I'd describe as "anywhere between".
Having a large number of gay members at a web site doesn't make it a "gay site", nor does having a large number of straight members make it a "straight" site. It's a web site open to everybody and I think it's very important for us all that we respect each other's differences and start value the different views and experiences which we're able to share here.

It's equally important to understand that we're all different and for some talking about something as private as penis size is very sensitive indeed while for others it's a pretty casual thing.

I hope that we'll all be able to enjoy LPSG together, regardless of sexual orientation, size, gender, race and everything else.

I'm sure you all realise what I'm hoping the outcome of this poll will be, but I request that you please respond as honestly as you can. Thank you.

jumbo747jet

italianb90

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that this site welcomes straight, bi and gay members without any distinction.
There are, however, some idiots around but this is limited just to a few members.
That's my idea :)

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I certainly don't think LPSG is a gay website?

I've always thought of it as a straight man's site where gay guys are welcome. Shit, I go as far as to say it's one of the things I enjoy about the place. Here, I can discuss a multitude of gay aspects and have straight men and women's views and opinions.

It's be extremely cool being able to speak openly to straight folk, as a shy gay guy.

I find it kinda annoying that a place to discuss the penis would be considered a wholly gay place... straight guys, as this site proves, have cocks too and it's reassuring to see them talk about it as a 'male' subject, not a straight or gay one.

There are straight and gay conversations here... and I've never felt an inequality.

Sure, we don't all get on... some of us never resolve such differences in opinion, some are just plain arse holes... but I think for the most part, we enjoy and learn from being here... tempers aside at times, lol.

Yeah, straight (big dicked) man's site, gay and smaller guys and women welcome me thinks.

Last edited:

perthjames

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with your take that this should be a website beyond sexuality. I think it's great to have a place where people can discuss sexuality, but not be bound by it, if that makes sense. I don't agree with the notion that "everyone's bisexual" that some people often say, as I think there's lots of variations in human sexuality. I do, however, think it's great when people of all sexualities can discuss sex... and large penises :)

minimag

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Where is the "support" ?? All I've seen lately are grown men acting like catty teenage bitch-types that flame every post they don't agree with or misunderstand.

The last time I saw that many bitchy men in one place was backstage at a drag-queen contest.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its a predominantly "gay" website which is welcoming (almost too welcoming) to straight males but there is a minority of the gay membership which for some reason seems to hate the females and their "va jay jays".

Basically, there are some gay members who want this to be a cock only place. Cockslovakia, if you will. :biggrin1:

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
LPSG is totally open to everyone. Even topics that might be "gay" in nature get comments from everyone. It's a great mixing place.

My blog (link below) features m4m sex only. But I've gotten a number of straight readers from LPSG. Proof once again that this community is totally open.

And flip through my friends group on here: not straight, not gay, but everyone.

Thanks, 747, for all your work in keeping this site going!

D_Olly_Oxenfrie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a frequent visitor and infrequent poster I agree with the OP that the site has evolved in many ways. I do miss the original chatroom, even though text chat was resurrected the spirit, scope & quality of discussion and tolerance of the original chatroom is gone as are many of the worthwhile contributors. I suspect that many of those who no longer frequent the site do so because of this. There is also a lot more flaming and general nasty attitude than used to be the case. It is ironic that on a site where the subject is as non-mainstream as you can hope to get, there appears to be less and less tolerance for divergent (non-mainstream) opinions and there is very little left of any kind of "debate".

My 2cents worth.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
I wanted to pick "equally welcoming" but I just couldn't.

The site itself is technically 'here for anybody' but as it's content is user-driven it's focus and nature will shift with the userbase. The subject matter naturally attracts gay/bi-males disproportionately, who represent the majority of active members, which inherently leads to less and less involvement from the straight community. As such I see LPSG as a site predominantly for men interested in other men.

Having said that, the users here are more diverse and there is far less incidence of 'straight-hating' than on any other penis-related website that I've ever seen. For one thing, there are far more genuine females among the active members .... still FAR too few, if you ask me tho :D (My guess is we get LOTS of female visitors, but the majority of them are 'guests' only and never bother to become members...I wonder why that is??)

So in the final analysis, I don't consider LPSG to be 'gay' or 'straight' but neither can I say that it's equally welcoming...

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wanted to pick "equally welcoming" but I just couldn't.

The site itself is technically 'here for anybody' but as it's content is user-driven it's focus and nature will shift with the userbase. The subject matter naturally attracts gay/bi-males disproportionately, who represent the majority of active members, which inherently leads to less and less involvement from the straight community. As such I see LPSG as a site predominantly for men interested in other men.

Having said that, the users here are more diverse and there is far less incidence of 'straight-hating' than on any other penis-related website that I've ever seen. For one thing, there are far more genuine females among the active members .... still FAR too few, if you ask me tho :D (My guess is we get LOTS of female visitors, but the majority of them are 'guests' only and never bother to become members...I wonder why that is??)

So in the final analysis, I don't consider LPSG to be 'gay' or 'straight' but neither can I say that it's equally welcoming...

Well said!

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
I think generally the site welcomes all... a (very) few times in my time here, gay members have suggested that my opinion is less valid on various subjects becasue I'm straight - and then there are the threads: "why would straight guys want to be here" and the like. But yeh, generally all is good :smile:

Sexuality aside... I have experienced some very definate ageist comments from people trying to tell me that because I'm less than half their age I'm clearly not as intelligent as they are... To that I say FUCK OFF! lol
This happens on threads of a serious (non-lpsg) topic where I apparently lack the maturity to discuss things. Thinking about it this happens far more frequently to me than any tensions with any gay members... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I chose none of the above.

I don't think the site has a preferred sexuality. I believe that that would imply that the site's purpose is solely sexual. While the whole site's raison d'être is the penis (and not necessarily only the large kind), its focus is not exclusively about sex (more specifically, the penis). With sub-forums like Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy, Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues, The Healthy Penis, Women's Issues, Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics, Et Cetera, Et Cetera, and Politics, the site has much more to offer than just "How to make sex more comfortable for a largely endowed man".

Anyone who feels unwelcome does so because of their own personal prejudices. The site has a wide variety of straight, bisexual and gay men and women, and if a person can't handle that, then they've only themselves to blame.

It's simply a very sexually liberated discussion forum.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I see LPSG really as LPSG... not a gay site or so.

But yeah, the welcomming isn't always the same here. Mine was good and I already had a good time here. But there are members who aren't fair and attack me and others for being too young to discuss such matters. Not cool.
I also have been discriminated by some just because I'm a virgin, so I better not say a thing about sex-related topics because I don't have any experience... Sometimes it's just better to leave the site then if no-one wants to take you serious.
Also been discriminated because of my English on here. My native language is Dutch and I do my best to write and speak English in a most decent way. But not always appreciated.
So yeah, had sometimes the idea to leave LPSG

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
A collection of zeroes and ones that my computer's browser and video card interpret for me.

Really - sometimes we make too much of what is, after all, just a website. It's a diversion. I don't really see it as being welcoming or unwelcoming, and it certainly doesn't have a gender, in my view.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Since the concern seems to be about a sexuality preference I would have thought that it would make sense to take a look at the more "sexual" subforums to see what (if any) bias might exist. Casually reading through Adult, Sex with a Large Penus and Fictitious Stories, I would have to say that a gay bias certainly doesn't exist. If anything there might be a larger proportion of gay members of this site than there is of gay people in general society but that's hardly a bad thing and it's only to be expected when you think that not only do gay men have penuses ( and according to some studies somewhat larger than average ones at that ) but they are also big fans of penuses.

I definitely don't think ( based on my admittedly limited experience ) that this is a "gay site".

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think if you were straight and had a problem with gay people you'd find another place to hang out but I don't see this place as being particularly gay or straight as it's more a tossed salad of everyone. It's gotten large enough that you can just visit your corner of the site and ignore the rest - for good or bad.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I picked non of the above.

The reason is because you make this place your own.

You pick the topics you want to read.
You post where you want.
You fight or dont fight with who you choose.

Does it welcome everyone?
Yes and no. No one will be turned away, but you will find people who will agree or disagree with you and that makes people feel unwelcome.

The focus is large penis and the issues surrounding that. But it goes well beyond that.

I have learn a lot of different things here.

Another reason that I voted non of the above is because gay and straight is too simplistic of a term. What about transgender, transexuals, asexuals, lesbians, bisexuals, bi-curious, and any other form of sexuality that I left out? There are members here who fit that profile and participate just as much.

Last edited: