How do you shave down there?

remiel

Sexy Member
Media
Hi, so this is kind of a personal question, but I was just wondering what your process is for shaving around your penis? Every time I do it I always get these red bumps that appear like a day or two later, which kind of defeats the purpose of shaving my pubes since it looks really unattractive. I shave in the shower with warm water with a regular razor and shaving cream. Afterward, I moisturize the shaved area. Am I doing something wrong, or do I probably just have really sensitive skin? Anyway, I want to know how I can do this and NOT get the red bumps, so and advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

illinigradman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How long or often have you been doing it? I have found that after a bit of time the bumps stopped for me. I think my skin adjusted to it and now a little quick work in the shower takes care of things with no side affects.

onewatcher

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was told by a friend, and it worked. Shave in the direction of the hair, which for me is down. ( belly button to dick ) I shave in the shower using my moisturizing soap. No more red bumps. I used to do it in the direction of dick to belly button and that caused bumps. As for the shaft, tip to base direction.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I get waxed now but I started off shaving then moved to Veet hair removal cream. That works the best really. Put it on and wash it off. No bumps, no itching. But apply it according to the instructions. Leaving it on too long can burn your skin. Nothing that won't go away but it will hurt for a day or two if done wrong.

joshca

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I shave the same way onewatcher does and this past weekend a friend told me about the venus razor..I used conditioner instead of moisturizing soap and shaved in both directions and 2 days later no bumps..I loved my smooth look and feels great..dont forget to apply alot of moisturizer after u shave

paneros

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was told by a friend, and it worked. Shave in the direction of the hair, which for me is down. ( belly button to dick ) I shave in the shower using my moisturizing soap. No more red bumps. I used to do it in the direction of dick to belly button and that caused bumps. As for the shaft, tip to base direction.

This is how I shave too - if I go against the direction of growth, I'm more likely to nick myself, and I WILL get those little red bumps.
Also, as the scrotum skin is very sensitive, you might need to use just a high-quality natural product afterward to moisten - like pure coconut oil (nice and light), sweet almond oil, avocado or grapeseed oils - all of which are used in massage. Gotta look after your boys with love! :smile:

D_Winthrop Woodcock

Account Disabled
Media
I used to get them at the start... Stopped after a couple of times... maybe its got to do with the frequency of shaving and more importantly the direction in which you are shaving.. never shave against the direction of hair growth!

borntobeking

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I get waxed now but I started off shaving then moved to Veet hair removal cream. That works the best really. Put it on and wash it off. No bumps, no itching. But apply it according to the instructions. Leaving it on too long can burn your skin. Nothing that won't go away but it will hurt for a day or two if done wrong.

I tried that Veet one time. My wife bought it for me. You're right. I left it on too long and boy did that hurt. To add insult to injury, it really did not remove the hair well. I had to go back over it with a razor. It did hurt for about a day but I was fine after that. I never used it again. I just stick to razors now.