How do you stop 800 calls that are not for you.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have people calling for "Stacy" every few days. They just don't stop. Most of the time you pick up form the 800 number and there is no one there.
Today I told the guy there is no one here by that name. He said "I can't hear you" and that he would call back later. I told him to go fuck himself.

I also had a collection collection company call for another name. It went to my voice mail. The message says that "this call is for so-and-so, if you are not this person hang up in the next 3 seconds, if you do not hang up you are confirming that you are this person". Which is pure bullshit because they leave a message about that person's info.

I finally spoke to a person and said that there is no such person here. They just called back a few days later. Then a girl called from a cell phone looking for that person. I told her that if was the wrong number and that some other collection agency was calling for that person. She asked me if it was a guy or girl calling. I said it was a guy, and she said okay, I'll tell let them know.

Another annoying thing is 800 numbers calling you and telling you to please hold.:mad:

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
By law, if you send the companies calling a 'desist' letter you can sue them for failing to honor it. Next time they call record their number and ask for their address; if they refuse, you contact the Better Business Beureau.

Or you change your number. :p

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
By law, if you send the companies calling a 'desist' letter you can sue them for failing to honor it. Next time they call record their number and ask for their address; if they refuse, you contact the Better Business Beureau.

Or you change your number. :p

The number they call from is on my caller ID. When I try to call it it says it is not in service. I'm not going to change my number for them.

If I ask them for the address I'm sure they will just hang up on me.

maybe I will tell them that I am Stacy and get their info that way. :biggrin1:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I try to lead such people down the primrose path and keep them on the line for as long as I can. After a while, they put down a call disposition of 'irate' (it's an actual designation used by telemarketers to indicate that they should not call a number) and leave me alone. It's more fun than donotcall.gov, which doesn't work in a case like the one you've cited anyway.

Another trick I use is to say, "I'll get her", then lay the phone down and go back to my book or TV show or whatever I was doing.

I also use my caller ID. If it isn't somebody I know I want to talk to, I just don't answer the phone.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
The number they call from is on my caller ID. When I try to call it it says it is not in service.
It may be blocked to you, but the number is registered with the BBB so that...

If I ask them for the address I'm sure they will just hang up on me.
...you can report such practices to them.

maybe I will tell them that I am Stacy and get their info that way. :biggrin1:
Indeed! Whatever works.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Just change your number and move on. They seem to have 'secret powers' that normal people aren't able to conquer.

I put all our numbers on the do not call list and, for some reason it works. Finally something the government did right. Theres only one problem now, since I have a hispanic last name... I get them in spanish now but not as often.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just change your number and move on. They seem to have 'secret powers' that normal people aren't able to conquer.

I put all our numbers on the do not call list and, for some reason it works. Finally something the government did right. Theres only one problem now, since I have a hispanic last name... I get them in spanish now but not as often.

I'm on that list too. I have no trouble with telemarketer calls. These are calls for other people from collection agencies. From programs I have watched they are ruthless and disrespectful, they don't care when they are bothering the wrong person.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Tell them that "Stacy" passed away last night after a tragic accident with a snow blower. Or ask them to hold while she puts on her prosthetic arms and legs to come to the phone, and just set the phone down. Or that she cant talk right now, as your dick is in her mouth...but you will be happy to have her return their call when she is done.

There is a long list of things you can do to get those dirtbags to leave you alone bro.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Prior to the DNC list, I would make the calls phone sex. I'd start breathing really hard and lower my voice to a whisper and make it sound like I was beating off. Then ask them 'does it feel good when I do that' and do a little moaning.

Some times the people on the other end hang up or keep talking either way, it's fun to fuck with them. But all in all, the DNC list is really a good thing.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
these guys have submitted the best advice yet:151:

Tell them that "Stacy" passed away last night after a tragic accident with a snow blower. Or ask them to hold while she puts on her prosthetic arms and legs to come to the phone, and just set the phone down. Or that she cant talk right now, as your dick is in her mouth...but you will be happy to have her return their call when she is done.

There is a long list of things you can do to get those dirtbags to leave you alone bro.

Prior to the DNC list, I would make the calls phone sex. I'd start breathing really hard and lower my voice to a whisper and make it sound like I was beating off. Then ask them 'does it feel good when I do that' and do a little moaning.

Some times the people on the other end hang up or keep talking either way, it's fun to fuck with them. But all in all, the DNC list is really a good thing.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I suspect Palm Beach county does not have a very high rate of snow blower accidents.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Telemarketers always mangle my last name, as well as my wife's. Whenever they ask for some horrible mispronunciation of one of our names, I can honestly say there's nobody by that name here. :rolleyes:

I have also been known, on occasion, to say, "Hold on, let me get him/her," set the phone down on the desk, and just walk away. If they are going to waste my time, I don't feel bad about wasting theirs in return.

Steve

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You have my sympathies, Mem

While I don't get the calls from collection agencies I do get frequent wrong number calls to my cellular phone for someone named Mike.

I have to conclude that this Mike person is a drug dealer because the calls are always between the hours of 10 PM and 3 AM. It's not a misdial issue. The number they'd been given is mine.

Pity, because if even one had his real number I could call him and ask him to be more precise when he gives his # out.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You have my sympathies, Mem

While I don't get the calls from collection agencies I do get frequent wrong number calls to my cellular phone for someone named Mike.

I have to conclude that this Mike person is a drug dealer because the calls are always between the hours of 10 PM and 3 AM. It's not a misdial issue. The number they'd been given is mine.

Pity, because if even one had his real number I could call him and ask him to be more precise when he gives his # out.

Maybe someone wrote your number in a public bathroom with the name Mike and "call after 10 PM for a good time". :wink: