How Do You Straight Guys Identify A Gay Guy?

dirtyarizona

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've been told, more than once, that straight guys can always identify gay guys. How do you do it? I mean, if we walk like you & talk like you & wear the same kinds of clothes that you do, how do you pick up on the fact that we're gay? I think there must be something to it --- like, if I'm talking to my butcher, or talking with a guy at a yard sale, or buying a 6-pack at a local convenience store, I somehow pick up on the idea that "This guy has figured out that I'm gay." What do we do that gives us away?

Reactions: Tryop

dirtyarizona

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
We may suspect, but no, we can’t always tell. It depends on how queer or feminine (i.e.: “gay”) you act. The “metrosexual or European” thing has expanded the range of ambiguity.
Well then, what do we do that makes you "suspect"? I think maybe gay guys hold eye contact a split-second longer than straight guys, but I'm not sure what else it is that "gives us away."

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been told, more than once, that straight guys can always identify gay guys. How do you do it? I mean, if we walk like you & talk like you & wear the same kinds of clothes that you do, how do you pick up on the fact that we're gay? I think there must be something to it --- like, if I'm talking to my butcher, or talking with a guy at a yard sale, or buying a 6-pack at a local convenience store, I somehow pick up on the idea that "This guy has figured out that I'm gay." What do we do that gives us away?
You?
Some seams to have to make it clear and become obvious for us who can miss a mayor haircut change the woman we love.
I met a guy that if he didn’t told me I would never have guessed he was gay. Great guy, I would have presented him one of my single girl friend.

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
“Straight guys can ALWAYS identify a gay guy“? Don’t think so.
Just to put my comment into context, what I wrote was based on the original title of this thread (in quotes above).Someone has edited it.

hornygamer89

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We can’t always identity a gay guy, but we do run into some gay guys that are very open about it and clearly love to show it off that they are gay.

In our heads we do suspect guys to be gay based on various variables such as, the lisps, high pitched voice this is usually forced, the way they dress, and sometimes if you see them checking you out.

Reactions: Novacouple999

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not something that crosses my mind when i see some one I'm not thinking about whether they are gay or not it's not really important.

The only time where it would cross my mind is if a guy is dressed in a very flamboyant way or speaks in they stereotypical gay way. Other that that there's no way to tell if a guy is gay.

Reactions: lapdog2001
D

deleted1547822

Well then, what do we do that makes you "suspect"? I think maybe gay guys hold eye contact a split-second longer than straight guys, but I'm not sure what else it is that "gives us away."

I (and others) said it already. It hinges on how "gay" you act. Straight guys associate that with feminine mannerisms, or queer/flamboyant behavior.

It's the last thing we're thinking of unless you give us a reason to.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't really give it much thought. If a guy is straight or gay doesn't really matter to me.

Sure there are some who are openly flamboyant but others act more naturally. Although I've had friends who if they hadn't told me they were gay I never would have guessed. Others who were more open about their gayness it was noticable up front.

GoingOnABoeing

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't think there is any truth to that. But maybe I've just never concerned myself with trying to identify such a thing. It was months before I knew one of my friends was gay. He thought I knew from the start. He still thinks it's funny.

Tommypa94303

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
How about this....how does a straight guy know another guy is straight but doesn’t mind messing around with another guy (gay, straight or bi).
I’m don’t mind if a guy checks me out whether he is straight or gay. If I’m not interested I don’t respond just like before I was married and at a bar trying to hook up with a gal. If she Or I wasn’t interested, move on

Reactions: Gj816

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There are several tried and tested techniques for this that are taught in straight guy academy (if you didn't go, chances are somebody already had you figured out).

Some key indicators however are:

- Very well color coordinated
- Can interior decorate with the lights off and blindfolded
- Knows the words to "Call me maybe"
- Knows all of players wives, gf's and s.o's first names; but can never get a "pass interference" call right when watching a football game
- Cries watching the "Little Mermaid"
- Knows how to trim sideburns evenly...the first time...every time
- Hands free pisser; absolutely refuses to touch his own penis at the urinal unless unzipping and returning to storage
- Doesn't get the sink dirty when brushing his teeth
- Yells "fire in the hole" when he farts after having too much to drink
- Always runs around asking his straight friends "would a straight guy..."

Lance V

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
One of my best friends was an old neighbor who is very effeminate. When we met him for the first time my wife said "he's so flaming." He wore flashy clothes and had very feminine mannerisms and speech as well as a wife and three kids. And no, she was not a beard.

Eventually my wife admitted her first impressions, and he said he was called gay a lot in school and at work, but it never bothered him because he knew what he was. Well, I gotta say he was a stronger man than me because that shit would have worked my nerves back then.

He was also a gourmet chef at home, and it was a treat to be invited to a meal at his house. His wife is proud to say that he decorated the place himself. A multitalented individual who probably checks all the boxes for supposedly gay except one.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of my best friends was an old neighbor who is very effeminate. When we met him for the first time my wife said "he's so flaming." He wore flashy clothes and had very feminine mannerisms and speech as well as a wife and three kids. And no, she was not a beard.

Eventually my wife admitted her first impressions, and he said he was called gay a lot in school and at work, but it never bothered him because he knew what he was. Well, I gotta say he was a stronger man than me because that shit would have worked my nerves back then.

He was also a gourmet chef at home, and it was a treat to be invited to a meal at his house. His wife is proud to say that he decorated the place himself. A multitalented individual who probably checks all the boxes for supposedly gay except one.
This! I've met and worked with a few men who acted "stereotypically gay" but who had wives and children and appeared to be very happily married. (Were they secretly gay? Who knows?) I also have had a few gay friends over the years that are the "straightest" gay guys you'd ever meet!

So .... like the others have said above, there is simply no way of knowing for sure unless they tell you!

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
your voice is the give away

N

newtothis124

Most gay/bi friends and aquaintances I know, always make it known. Usually through friendly flirting (friendly becase we both know it ain't happening, and I know it is mostly joking around). I do have 1 gay friend who I constantly forget he is gay because he doesn't act, dress, or talk in any way that brings attention to his sexual preference, and unlike the aforementioned gay/bi friends, he has never hit on me, even in jest.