how do you tell version of ms word

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
For professional reasons, I need to really shake hands with MS Word.
I want to buy a manual and practice using all the more obscure functions till they are second nature.
I realize there are strong family resemblances between versions, but I would rather buy a manual for my specific version than something that doesn't quite match.
I have no idea where the disc that the software came on is.
So: How can I, just sitting at my computer, mouse in hand, find out what version I've been using for a couple of years now?
Anyone know?

Last edited:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes. Open MS Word. There should be, at the top, a "Help" drop down menu. I hope. :tongue: If there is, click that and then click "About MS Word" or something of that nature. There's usually something that will pop up a small screen telling you the version. There are other ways too but I feel like smacked ass right now and can't really recall how to do it, or come up with an explanation as to how you can find it.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Usually, when you have Word open, across the top of your monitor you'll see to the far left on Top the name of the program you are working in. At least on a mac, if you click on it a pull down menu will appear. Go to "about Word" and it will tell you what version you are using.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Yes. Open MS Word. There should be, at the top, a "Help" drop down menu. I hope. :tongue: If there is, click that and then click "About MS Word" or something of that nature. There's usually something that will pop up a small screen telling you the version.

It's Word 2002, kidz.
Jeebus, maybe it's a bit long in the tooth.
But yup ... it's 2002.

I just clicked on Help, and then clicked on About MS Word.
Just like the good lady sed.:wink:

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

But yup ... it's 2002.

I don't know about other people, but I prefer Word 2002 to the newer versions. Best of luck to you, Hhuck, and I am sure you will be able to learn how to use MS Word quite quickly.

Heck, if I can, so can you!