How do you wear your jockstrap

Pappy

Media
freshone said:
I never wear a jock. I run at least 20 miles a week and find wearing a jock horribly uncomfortable and so I wear running shorts with built in underwear. In my lockerroom at the gym, I see many guys who are much bigger than I am soft, and they don't wear jockstraps either. I'm kind of baffled by the whold thing, really.

Wait until you have a testicular torsion.

Causes:
  • Congenital anomaly; bell clapper deformity
  • Undescended testicle
  • Sexual arousal and/or activity
  • Trauma
  • Exercise
  • Active cremasteric reflex
  • Cold weather
Background: Testicular torsion is a urologic emergency and must be differentiated from other complaints of testicular pain because a delay in diagnosis can lead to loss of the testicle. In adolescent males, testicular torsion is the most frequent cause of testicle loss.

Pathophysiology: The typical testicle is covered by the tunica vaginalis, which attaches to the posterolateral surface of the testicle and allows for little mobility.
In patients who have an inappropriately high attachment of the tunica vaginalis (ie, bell clapper deformity), the testicle can rotate freely on the spermatic cord within the tunica vaginalis (intravaginal testicular torsion). This congenital anomaly is present in approximately 12% of males, 40% of which have the abnormality in the contralateral testicle as well. The bell clapper deformity allows the testicle to twist spontaneously on the spermatic cord, causing venous occlusion and engorgement, with subsequent arterial ischemia causing infarction of the testicle. Experimental evidence indicates that 720° torsion is required to compromise flow through the testicular artery and result in ischemia.
In the neonatal age group, the testicle frequently has not yet descended into the scrotum and becomes attached within the tunica vaginalis. Additionally, this mobility of the testicle predisposes it to torsion (extravaginal testicular torsion).

Frequency:
  • In the US: Incidence of torsion in males younger than 25 years is approximately 1 in 4000. Torsion more often involves the left testicle.
Mortality/Morbidity: This urologic emergency requires prompt diagnosis, immediate urologic referral, and rapid definitive treatment for salvage of the testicle.
  • A salvage rate of 80-100% is found in patients who present within 6 hours of pain.
  • After 6-8 hours, the salvage rate markedly decreases, and it is near 0% at 12 hours.
Sex: Testicular torsion affects males only. Age: Testicular torsion most often is observed in males younger than 30 years, with most aged 12-18 years. The peak age is 14 years, although a smaller peak also occurs during the first year of life.

Think you might want to get used to wearing a jock strap now??

jackM50black

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a couple of jock-straps, but I don't wear em as much as I used to. When I do wear one its under levis or shorts in the summer. Besides the improved package display, a jock lets the cool breeze through. I no longer have any cotton briefs, so when I want a certain feel I will put on one of my jock straps. One of em is the small waistband type, and the other is regular.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I'm going to be in the minority here. Wearing a jock for sport or running or for any sort of strenuous activity is one thing — and for this purpose like anyone else I wear one under my shorts without any other underwear.

But I'm one of those men who needs to wear a jock as regular underwear, and as I don't want to go out and about with a bare backside under my trousers I wear a pair of (very loose) boxers over the jockstrap.

The use of jockstraps for support during sport was much more common in the UK maybe 30 years ago than it is now, which may explain carter's observation. There also seems to be a big difference between the UK and North America — until I came on here I had never heard of a guy folding his penis down over his balls in a jock. Here the idea is that the pouch should hold you up. At least it was, at any rate. If I attempt the folding down idea it is worse than going without the support altogether. Pretty much like landing on a tree branch, as massivepkgo says.

It would be much better for me to wear only one item of underwear, but it's easy for me to get the jockstrap made with a pouch that will fit me and keep me in place, and then to wear the loose boxers over it. The pouches in boxerbriefs either cramp me or let me slide around all over the place, or both.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Max makes some very clear points which I certainly think should be considered by everyone.

When I was a tender young teen in high school the jock was required for gym. I am not much in to physical exercise or the work out in a gym, although I most likely should be; however until someone makes a long term study of the benefits of jocks I would wear one if I became involved in a work out routine at a gym or even in my home.

After all, I can certainly endorse and support the concept of living a long and healthy life with a minimum of medical attention. I am all for supporting our cause and look forward to a long and happy life, which includes sexual activity. Why abuse a good thing I always say.

That Is All I have to Say about that!!!!!

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
Don't wear them myself. I use sports briefs (see below) if i need that much support; more comfortable. I don't like having to double over in a jock.

Jack

Attachments

HillcrestSwim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
windtalkerways said:
A boyfriend said they do have to be
gotten used to at first...sort of like
wearing a thong and getting used
to the string riding your ass but he
eventually admitted they are comfy
and afford more freedom in a way.

I wear workout thongs and find them to be very comfortable and they provide great support.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wear mine over my face with the pouch covering my nose, doesn't everyone...
oops.
The only time I ever wore a jock was when playing sports in school, both high school and college, yes, I wore it correct way. Since then anytime I need a jock I go more for the sports underwear type of support. But never did I wear the jock with any other type of underwear, either over or under, just doesn't make sense.

The only time I ever realy need to wear anything of the sort is while on horseback, and that's just because I have to wear a cup, if not it hurts so bad it's impossible. They make like compression shorts that have a cup pocket in front nowadays that to me are more comfy than a jock. the whole 'no ass' thing bothers me for some reason!

likes natural wonders

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
grnman said:
Don't wear them myself. I use sports briefs (see below) if i need that much support; more comfortable. I don't like having to double over in a jock.

Jack

Those Prospirits look awfully similar to the Meronas that are no longer available. Where did you get those.

BeercanHung

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
amhersthungboi said:
So, how do you wear your jock? Over/under your underwear, or bare assed.

Whether it's under my uniform, under boxers or briefs, under/atop a thong, layered with several other jockstraps, or bare-assed, the most important thing is that I wear a jockstrap! (I sorta have to, anyway, because of my big balls).

When I play alone, I also like to put on a cock-and-balls toy, strap a jockstrap on top, then grind into the bed...

I recently came across a fetish website that features JockUps, a variation of the jockstrap. The webmaster features several pages/photos on all aspects of jockstrap fetishes, including layering (what he calls "masculine mounding"), and such.

Check it out at:
http://www.leatheroaks.org
http://jockups.leatheroaks.org

BeercanHung

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Max said:
There also seems to be a big difference between the UK and North America — until I came on here I had never heard of a guy folding his penis down over his balls in a jock. Here the idea is that the pouch should hold you up. At least it was, at any rate. If I attempt the folding down idea it is worse than going without the support altogether. Pretty much like landing on a tree branch, as massivepkgo says.
/quote]

Here here, Max! I cannot stand the feeling of folding my penis down over my balls... agree with your sentiments altogether. I often wear jockstraps regaularly as underwar *for* the support of the package, often under a pair of briefs... or with a cup under the jock.

It makes for some very fun playtime at the end of the day as well. Jocks are highly erotic!

An American View..... :biggrin1: