How does one get rid of mice?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ManiacalMadMan, Nov 10, 2007.

1. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

I am dealing again on a yearly bad situation
    Each year some times twice or three times in the year mice come in from out doors and are in the apartment I am residing in. After a long time of a month or more the owner gets an exterminator who kills them I do not like traps or want to kill them if I can avoid and do not want to wait until the clothing store down stairs gets after the owner. Are there known herbs and things which will deter them from in my home? I used cayenne pepper on the counter tops disolve in water and they stay from there but what about other things?

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

There are many products out there that are meant to deter them - from chemicals to sonic shit and all sorts inbetween. Google it.

I find killing the little fuckers works best though. The traps do sometimes only half get them - and they're kinda flopping around and it ain't nice - I mean, no one likes that. But you just stamp on their little heads and it is all over quick enough.

3. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

I do not want to kill them I did that in 2002 when I caught one on shelf paper with sticky backing and had to put it in a paper bag and drop things on top of it.

Sonic only pushes them for a short time and makes me go crazy with its sound.

Thank you any way unless you plan to come by and strangle each one seperately

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Nah - you're alright - tempting as it is... :rolleyes:

Get a cat?

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

By the way - that is fucking cruel man! Stamp on them - it is so much quicker (they are generally too little for neck breaking).

6. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

I do not have good shoes for doing some thing so terrible I think that would not be a nice thing to do to them any way and all the insides all over the floor I hate mopping a floor more than once a week

May be you want to do this if I offer to fix a dinner for you and your boy friend?

7. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Fair point - I have a dog, you see, so that isn't an issue.

Hmmm - another tempting offer. But I know you have your eye on my man and I'm not falling for it!! Distract me with a mouse massacre while you sneak off behind the couch with him - I'm on to you... :tongue:

8. odd_fish_9

odd_fish_9 New Member

I use one of those wind-up traps which will capture and hold a bunch of them at once, leave it out overnight and dump 'em all out somewhere outside the next day.

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Get a Cat. Best and natural way and good for the food chain.

10. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Whoa! I feel your pain, MMM. Or rather, I feel the pain that you do not wish to inflict.

I once rescued a rodent from a cat, and I had to stamp on it to put it out of its misery. It was outside.

Cats are cruel killers.

There's a quick kill kind of mouse trap -- made by a company called "Victor" that's supposed to be more humae -- here's some of the marketing talk about it:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Quick Kill can save you time and labor due to its' ability to be set quickly and easily and will not misfire. When using Quick Kill, you can be confident on the job- it will only fire when the mouse interacts andcommits to the trap - not before. Even vibrations from tow motors and the like WILL NOT cause the Quick Kill to fire.

- - - -

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

• [*] A very easy trap to set, with a quicker kill than the normal snap traps for mice.
      [*]Since the trap is quicker it is more humane.
      [*] Safer to have than the normal snap traps-pet safe.

11. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

When you catch mice they do look sweet, but remember their aim in life is to walk around in shit and piss then traipse all over your food. You'd think cats would keep mice out but when we had mice years ago the mice terminator said they were coming in from next door where an old guy lived who had three cats, we had to go and speak to him about them and he said 'it's only the one, I keep throwing the little bugger out but he keeps coming back in'.

On a tv program where a woman had a problem with mice coming in they advised her the only way to keep them out was to keep her doors closed, and to check the house thoroughly, any little hole you can push a pen in will allow entrance to a mouse, check floorboards and skirting boards, they're often coming in from next door like mine were.

12. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've always found it works best to sit down and have a nice talk with them... :)

13. simcha

Gold Member

Get a cat or two. If not, then get a flute and start playing...

14. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Yeah, that puts them off their guard and makes it easier to stamp on their little heads!!

:wink:

15. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    No! They have cute little heads...:smile:

16. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have to disagree with your theory as it has always been my experience that when the flute is played in my house the neighbors open windows and all the cats gather 'round to listen...(oh, is that what you were getting at? Your cats love it too?).

17. Purplesaurus

Purplesaurus New Member

Albums:
    Toughen up, be the carnivore that is the nature of the human life form. Just kill them!

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

18. southwest

southwest New Member

To exterminate mice!
    What you need is 1) a piece of wood 2) three pieces of cheese 3) a razor blade.
    Find out where the mouse is coming in the house, next place a piece of wood in the run ( a small piece of wood about the size of a t.v. remote. Next place a piece of cheese behind the wood. What occurs is that the mouse comes in the house sees the wood then looks over the wood sees the cheese climbs over the wood and eats the cheese. Put a fresh piece of cheese for the mouse every day till all the three pieces have been eaten. Now for the important bit... Place the razor blade in the wood, sharp edge up! Now on the fourth day the mouse comes along looks over the wood for his piece of cheese... the cheese is not there so the mouse looks left then right and cuts his throat open on the razor! Your problem is now solved!!

19. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know what you mean, the door IS their favorite entrance. Why just this morning, they rang the doorbell and tried to sell me Jehovah Witness books!

- - - - -

LOL -- good one, Souhtwest!

20. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    That is just horrid!

Draft saved Draft deleted