How does one mend a broken heart?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Sorcerer said:
Webster said:
the best way to get over one man is to get under another one!

quote]

Amen!

Oh, and I've also found that singing "I Will Survive" over and over with full gusto does amazing things. Go download the karaoke version. Right now!

For best chance at healing, watch this all the way through!

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Take your mind off of it and focus on other things. Get a new hobby, restart an old one, etc. Once you are able to look back at the relationship without getting depressed, try to reflect on what happened and learn from it.

"That which does not kill you only makes you stronger."

Basically, time will heal.

panthera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
MrMXYZPTLK said:
Sorry all, I guess this does fall into the category, but I will say I do get tired of people that go comepletely off topic.
Like me?
I see everything under Relationships, Discrimination and Jealousy as open game for whatever comes up.
On the other topics I try (really, I am trying) (yes, I KNOW that one already. Sheesh) to keep on topic.
Wish I were man enough to apologize everytime I fuck up...good on you MRMXYZPTLK.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
titan1968 said:
I'm heartbroken. I feel like I'm bleeding because there's a knife in my heart....

Titan1968
Soak your feelings in sweet liquor and rebound vagina/dick. It'll dawn on you in about a week or two that it's over and then self-medication is a must.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
titan1968 said:
I'm feeling very blue these days because I haven't heard from my 'sunshine'.... (I have talked about him a few times before- I had never been in a relationship with a man before him). I believe the relationship is over, and I feel dead inside.... :sad2:

Even though we live on different continents, it used to be so easy to communicate or see each other : we'd write, call or send E-mails. Now he rarely returns his calls or answers my messages.
His excuse: he's very busy ay work. :wtf2: RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire2:

I've tried my best, and not repeat the mistakes I made in my previous relationships (with women): I've learnt to listen more and to express my fee-lings; I've also learnt that one doesn't always have to be in control.

We were always there for each other, so what went wrong?:confused:

I don't feel like going out because everything reminds me of him.

I'm heartbroken. I feel like I'm bleeding because there's a knife in my heart....

Titan1968

I know how you feel Titan. I had dated a guy for six years. August 2005, He left me for another guy. What was really fucked up about it. He wouldn't even tell me what was going on. He couldn't even tell me that during the summer, he met the guy. My BF (Then) wanted exclusivity from me--I did just that. I didn't develop any outside male lovers or anything. In August, He ended up breaking up with me quite abruptly and wouldn't even tell me why. I had to spend my holidays heartbroken. I did meet lots of men since then. But karma has a way of getting back at people for wrongdoing. My ex ,for example, his new boyfriend that he dumped me for ended up dumping him over the holidays. Touche.

I think the best remedy towards getting over your heartbreak other than being in your moments. Get out of the house. Take up some new interests. Try a new hobby or hobbies. Have some fun. Enjoy your own company. Who said that this is a bad thing? Relationships last as long as they should. Maybe later on, date a few guys. Test drive. Test drive. Test drive.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Webster said:
Dear Titan,

There's an old saying that the best way to get over one man is to get under another one!

Try to keep yourself busy with work, friends, the LPSG, working out, anything that takes up your time. Mr. "Right" can't find you if you're hiding at home. At least get out and do something. The busier you are, the less time you'll have to think about your troubles.

I suffered for about 2 years trying to get over a guy whom I thought was the one great love of my life. Since then, I met a wonderful guy and found real love. And, you can do it too. Working out made me feel good about myself. Spending time with my friends introduced me to new friends and potential boy friends.

You're not alone.

Book of Dave, chapter 6, verse 8: All wisdom can be found in popular music and old Star Trek episodes..Christopher Cross wrote a song called Words of Wisdom, back in the 80's. Basically, Webster is right--you never truly get over someone, no matter what anybody tells you, or how they support you, or anything, until you have that need filled by someone else. Humans are pretty social creatures, and loving, being loved, annoying, and being annoyed, by other humans is a pretty deep need. Distract youself, and give it time AND distance from this person. My own painful experience, or most painful, was someone I pined over for over ten years. A period went by, where we basically didn't see each other or communicate much for about 6 years. I had the opportunity to visit him in conjunction with a work trip. When I saw him again for the first time after all those years, even though my stomach still did a flip, I was amazed at just HOW over him I was. Time and distance won't necessarily cure a broken heart, but it does aloow the wound to close. You'll make it. Know you are a decent person, and that you have something to offer others. Know that when the time is right, you will love again. You know you are capable of loving, and being loved. That has been proven to you. Now, it is just a matter of time and circumstance until you are ready again. Hang in there, and be good to yourself, for yourself, in the meantime.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pecker said:
Sorcerer said:
For best chance at healing, watch this all the way through!

I started rolling my eyes, then I soon noticed how good it was.
And the ending made me crack up laughing! :biggrin1:

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
listen to that bee gees tune from 1971 and drink. ;) no seriously, it take about a year to get over real love. time is what will heal you.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
dcwrestlefan said:
listen to that bee gees tune from 1971 and drink. ;) no seriously, it take about a year to get over real love. time is what will heal you.

I happen to have that Bee Gees' song on a CD. I have just listened to it and had a good cry;I've been doing a lot of that lately- I guess it's all part of the healing process. Thanks again guys! :smile:

Titan1968