How far behind the times am I?

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was just sitting here, relaxing, and decided to pop a movie into the VCR. Then I realized how foreign that sounded. Pop a movie into the VCR? No one says that anymore! So my question... how many of you still have VCR's hooked up to your televisions, and use them regularly?

D_smack ash

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i am sitting here playing with my lite brite hehehe i still have a vcr some of my good movies are on it and some uh homemade ones from some friends

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just go into the kitchen, build a fire in the stove and get out the Jiffy Pop to enjoy with the movie.

Hey, I resemble that remark. :tongue: I love Jiffy Pop! :smile:

I have a DVR/VCR combo. Neither of which I use because I haven't been able to figure out how to properly hook the damn thing up to the tv. Yes, I have asked all my geek guy friends for assistance. I even have a friend who is a electrician and he couldn't get it to work either. :mad:

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I tape so many shows, I actually had to replace my vcrs
(Thats right, I have more than one! ) . Anyhow, has anyone tried
to buy a 4 head hifi vcr made by jvc or sony ?
No one has them anymore. All they sell are DVD VCR combo units.
I tape on two vcrs almost every night. And no, I have no social life,
I'm married with children.:mad: (Just Kidding).

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I still have my VCR and use it.We also have a DVD player. I like watching movies on my computer. You arent behind the times. I still like my VCR.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always shock people that not only do I have a land line phone, I also only use my cell phone if I absolutely have to. Prior to having this phone, I hadn't had a cell phone in a couple years.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was just sitting here, relaxing, and decided to pop a movie into the VCR. Then I realized how foreign that sounded. Pop a movie into the VCR? No one says that anymore! So my question... how many of you still have VCR's hooked up to your televisions, and use them regularly?
I have never even had one when they were around! As a kid we were the last family to get colour tv!:biggrin1:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always shock people that not only do I have a land line phone, I also only use my cell phone if I absolutely have to. Prior to having this phone, I hadn't had a cell phone in a couple years.

:biggrin1: Now this sounds like me! I just got a cell phone for the first time - and haven't used it yet! I want to have it for some things like calling potential permanent employers from my temp jobs and that sort of thing.

I still have a VCR, too. I have both DVD and VCR.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Wanna know how behind you are?

I've foregone both the VHS and DVD players in favor of the DirecTivo satellite receiver and the wireless media player that streams music and movies from the linux server in my office (or from the internet, or from any USB device I plug into it)..

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I still have and use a VCR. I use it now mainly to record TV programs. I didn't get into DVDs until the summer of 2004. That's when my brother gave me my first DVD player. It was a hideous-looking thing. It was long and only had LED indicator lights - no digital display. I remember I only had one DVD to play in it for the longest time. Now I have more than 600 and am addicted to 'em. I think I spend more money on buying DVDs than I do on food.:redface::biggrin:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
There are some films that aren't on DVD yet, and I have a number of them. You can buy some good VCR's at thrift shops, but that number will dwindle in years to come. Got one for $5.00 recently.

Recently, I tried to purchase a turntable. Had to get it off eBay, since the request for them has dwindled. I'm transfering the vynal to CD and then putting them on my iPod. Some albums have not been re issued anywhere.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have never owned a DVD player, I have a VCR and am completely happy with it. I have tapes that are as old as 12 years, and they still run smoothly: No blurring, no color bleeding, clear sound.

It gets even better: I have more LPs and cassettes than CDs, and NO MP3 files. Most media technology has slipped past me somehow, I'm very happy with what I have, and don't see a reason in investing more. Thanks God, Frank has about the same outlook on media.