Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually, I posted this on my blog, but given that blogs don't receive nearly as much traffic, I haven't received as many responses as I probably could have if I just opened this up in a thread. I'd actually like some feedback on your thoughts. Here is the article I wrote:

Since the inception of my account, I’ve been fascinated by the myriad of pictures that everyone (Male and Female) have posted in their galleries and albums. I’ve struggled with what I should post in mine if anything at all.

My boyfriend is very proud of me and my physical attributes and wants to show me off. While I love showing things to him, I’m not sure I want the entire world to know my secrets regardless if I show my face or not.

This led me to ask the question; How far is too far in this day and age? I think most things are acceptable now because more than ever people are becoming very open minded to a lot of things the media have grown us accustomed to.

What happened to the feminine mystique? Leaving things to the imagination? Many of us including guys from the forums I’ve read on here state that sex isn’t much of anything unless there’s mental stimulation. How much of it is physical and how much of it is mental? I think the aspects vary from male to female for sure. Additionally, what is included in that mental stimulation? What you want to do/about to do to your partner/imagining what's under his jeans or what's under her shirt/skirt? etc.

How do you all feel when you see a full blown naked picture vs. pictures that leave you guessing at how amazing the stuff is underneath could be?

I think American 20th Century Burlesque shows accomplished this great feat of leaving the mystique in tact and appealing to the senses of the male mind. Granted, there were a lot of burlesque places that offered full blown striptease acts. But the majority of it left more to the imagination while combining parodies to the likes of opera, Shakespearean drama, musicals and ballet.Of this I am very much a big fan.

While I understand not everyone likes the same things, I’m just wondering how far is too far in today’s society and how many people would rather be “teased” with an idea of what’s underneath those lacy panties than to actually see what really is there? Isn’t there kind of a thrill or an adrenaline rush to it?

I’m much a fan of showing things off in certain situations. Like a committed or serious relationship in which you freely give of yourselves to each other. But to show off for the general public, I’d much rather leave men guessing than to come out fully and expose every part of my body to them.

What do you readers think?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As I posted on another thread, I have no explicit photos of myself here. I used to get lots of Private Mails from guys who wanted to chat or whatever, fool around, when I am not here for that, even with the little wizened green avatar I use! It all stopped when I put up actual pictures of myself.

It seems the 'mystique' was more attractive than the reality. BTW I am here to ogle you all, not show myself. I don't think I am pretty enough.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As I posted on another thread, I have no explicit photos of myself here. I used to get lots of Private Mails from guys who wanted to chat or whatever, fool around, when I am not here for that, even with the little wizened green avatar I use! It all stopped when I put up actual pictures of myself.

It seems the 'mystique' was more attractive than the reality. BTW I am here to ogle you all, not show myself. I don't think I am pretty enough.

I'm sure your beautiful, everyone is in their own way. There are tons of things I would change about my body, I'm not a pin up girl. :tongue:

First of all, I have no intentions of meeting anyone off of this sight for sex. SO I don't really mind what they see or don't see. I've put pic's up and taken them all down and put more up again. Some people like my pic's and some do not, oh well and life goes on. I see no need to tease with "mystique" when they are not going to be with me anyway. That being said I'm trying to think of different poses and things for the pic's, I look at the guys so I can atleast make a few of them happy by sharing myself if they like my body enough to look. I'm sure I'll take them all down again too!

In real life NO one see's my body anymore except for my doctor and on those rare occasions the SO since we are having issues. Personally I'm more likely to share myself on here versus in real life where I am verging on horribly shy and self concious in the best of moments.

Last edited by a moderator:

toobig4u

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I honestly would not seriously date anyone that posted nude photos online. Sex maybe - and I mean maybe - but nothing serious.
Most level headed people that may be in need of hyper-sex, eventually come full circle to find a meaningful relationship. That is to say, they settle down some and place a value on intimacy. My two cents.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think there is something to be said for mystique. I prefer the partially clothed cock shots to the ones where it's right out there in the open.

Exposure wise: I'm not comfortable with posting any pics of myself on here yet. Maybe when I've been here a while I will. I'm more comfortable with my body in real life, but that's when it's got a personality to go with it. Once you post pics on here, for people who don't read your posts you become just a body. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The answer is to just share what you feel comfortable sharing. It's not just feminine mystique; everyone (feminine and masculine) needs to have some mystique/privacy unless they don't mind being "found out".

I'm paranoid about being found out so my pictures don't stay up for long. Plus since I won't be meeting anyone from off here it seems a bit pointless. But on special occassions, for special people I do "requests".