How hard is it for guys to say 'no'?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by NYC8", Jan 30, 2006.

1. NYC8"

NYC8" Member

Albums:
    Fellas--have you ever had a would-be partner court you very persistently and/or aggressively, assuming that since you were a guy and had a dick there was no way you wouldn't want to fuck, and then get offended or even angry if you refused?

2. clyde

clyde New Member

i can only answer this half way...

being an attractice male (or so i've been told and like to think so :rolleyes: ) girls have approached me often to hook up in this college life. however, with a girlfriend back home i will always refuse. and yes, they get offended becuase i simply reject their advancements, but hey... what are ya gonna do? and there has been 2 or 3 girls doing this to me persistantly.

3. felix20

felix20 New Member

It happens from time to time, and I always figure that any girl that will offer herself up so willingly must have the clap. Now if we wait 6 months and she gets tested for everything, she can have me any time she wants. I guess I just like to keep my genitals disease free.

4. clyde

clyde New Member

lmao

i agree whole heartedly ^ ^ ^

5. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    yes

6. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mainly women. They are determined to make their dreams come true, but neglect to secure the agreement of the necessary participants.

In my confused younger days--to my shame--I twice allowed myself to be bullied into a relationship with such women. These ended badly, as they must.

7. NYC8"

NYC8" Member

Albums:
    One of the first girls I ever kissed turned out to be very aggressive. In my early teens I was very shy and nervous about my body and I think she picked up on that and saw me as a "safe guy" to get some experience with. She was so forward and so physically pushy that I actually grew frightened of her and wouldn't take her up on a pretty explicit offer. She briefly teased me for it but soon moved on to other conquests.

8. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

There's a piece of classic literature that says something to the effect of life leaving your body and floating toward heaven but the disappointed sighs of women you turned down would cast you to hell. The original was (of course) much more eloquent.

9. pasques

pasques New Member

I think the answer depends on the guy. There's a girl at work who has made it obvious that she wants me. However, we work together and I don't want to complicate things in the workplace. I can tell she's very frustrated with my deflections. But so am I, because she is so hot!

I remember reading an article somewhere that men can be raped by women. However, because our society has a hard time recognizing male rape by women, it's very difficult to prove. I think that some men are so programmed into thinking that they MUST want sex, that a woman could manipulate him into it.

10. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

I guess I didn't answer the question. I've turned down most guys (and women) that made moves on me. If I hadn't I'd be a collossal slut.

11. GoneA

Gold Member

yes and they were quite angry when i turned them down (guy or gal).

12. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not that there's anything wrong with that...

13. chrisung

chrisung New Member

Some are offended some are not. I figure that if I am at all times polite, the ones who are offended showed by their reaction that they were not someone I wanted to sleep with.

14. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

Define "refused" please.

15. Pappy

Pappy Member

I was in my late 30's and she was the older (65), married sister of a friend. I told her thanks but no thanks. She got pissed, told her husband that I propositioned her, had him after me until her brother talked to her husband and explained that I really wasn't into that sort of thing.

16. panthera

panthera New Member

At 47 am pretty much past it now, but when I was younger, yes. If I had the feeling the agression was covering up shyness (and it was a man) I often would say sure, why not (this was pre-aids my dears).
    But the only really aggressive ones were women.
    Funny, that.
    The comment, how they reacted to a polite "no" is right on.
    It's sort of like customer service: If they're that nasty before you buy, just wait till they have had you...

17. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Um, isn't that one of the main purposes for condoms? Regardless of your gender or your fuck-buddy's gender, unprotected sex outside of an exclusive relationship is wrong, immoral, unethical, and just plain stupid.

18. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Same here. In their dreams, the men are never apprehensive about dropping the drawers. Or so it seems.

19. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

ive had a few girls get upset with me and a few have said "look i want you to fuck me" when a girl is this ready and im not i will tell her lets fuck in a public place ( the bathroom, in my car in the parking lot, or behind the bushes ) someplace i know she is gonna say no to.

if im out at a bar and a girl is hitting on me i will not leave with her that night. i will give her my number and have her call me in a few days, then when she does call i play stupid (this will drive a girl nuts). in college at parties if a girl came on to me i would waste as much time as i could to see how long it took her to bring up sex.

if a girl comes up to me and the first words out of her mouth are "hey arent you that guy with the huge cock" then i know right off the bat she wants to fuck right then and there. if the girl isnt super smoking hot then i will say im here with someone.

something else that works very well is saying "i dont have a condom" if she says it dont matter then you get to turn the tables at her and get all pisssed off at her cuz she wants to fuck with out a condom and how nasty that is ect.ect.

20. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

If you want or need to say no, then say no. If you can't say "no" when you know you should, you are simply too weak to be called a human, much less a man. And if you are not interested, why should you worry about if someone gets pissed that you turned them down? For that matter, why would anyone contintue to want sex with someone who was not interested?

Draft saved Draft deleted