How has circumcision benefited you?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by ubernietzschean, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ubernietzschean

ubernietzschean New Member

Okay, I realize that similar questions have been asked before but please allow me to explain my situation and my question: I've been having foreskin-related issues (painful phimosis) for a while now and am seeing a urologist on Friday about getting circumcised at last. This, I hope, will resolve my issues. I've also always kindof secretly wanted to be circumcised anyway so this works out well.

I'm not without my concerns, however, as any sane man would be. Mostly discomfort and gore post-op. Please help me to get past my fears by reminding me of what I'll be gaining. How has being circumcised (especially if you were done as an adult) benefited you personally?

I'm not looking to start a debate of any sort. I respect uncut status and anyone who wants to stay that way. I'm a Mac/Linux user, some people prefer Windows.

Many thanks!

2. snoahhs

snoahhs New Member

That beautiful head will no longer have to hide, nice "head lines" in bulges, previously hidden by the foreskin. Especially in wet bathing suits. ;)

like this beauty :
    [​IMG]

:D

3. hungtoomuch

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey dude, I feel for you. I had a really good bud that suffered from that for years. He finally got cut and said it was hella painful and fairly long recovery but does not regret for one second that he did it. He can have sex now without pain so the realtive short period of surgical pain will (should) pay long term benefits good luck bro!!! Let us know how it goes after you get it done.

4. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Damn....that is a hot, hot photo! Too bad it is on "tinypics!" I'd like to have an 8"x10" photo of that. Or...the real thing. :biggrin1:

5. swim9876

swim9876 New Member

Don't do it. Go on nocirc.com and do some research. If you lose your foreskin, you WILL lose sensitivity. You won't have the natural gliding motion during intercourse. There are alternatives to getting fully circumcised.

6. adam

adam Active Member

Albums:
    It is better to bear a little pain( circumcision ) now than face regret tomorrow. You will not rue the few days of discomfort.
    Goog luck.

#6 adam, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  7. sargon20

Gold Member

:bsflag::bsflag:

ubernietzschean go to a real medical site for data

8. crossy

Gold Member

I don't believe anyone can say it benefits them unless cut for medical reasons.
    More than 50% of the women I informally polled at the Walmart (where I greet) said the cut cocks don't stink as much. I grabbed a sullen looking dowager in the Johnsonville Packing Co aisle (bratwurst, sausage, hot dogs, etc) and she confided to me that her last 4 uncirced husbands died of penile epilepsy.
    So there it goes.

9. sargon20

Gold Member

WalMart? WalMart? :eek: Must have been very hilarious your 'study' at WalMart.

Low Class Low Class

10. justcurious80

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

it hasnt.

11. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Nocirc is a site written by lunatic evangelists who routinely lie and misrepresent in the interests of their peculiar fetish.

In fact MOST men report INCREASES in sensitivity and response.

The sensitivity the op WANTS TO LOSE is that fraction that makes sex PAINFUL.

advantages?

Most women find them more appealing... more willing to go down on it.
    I know I, personally, much preferred sucking a cut cock to a shrouded one

Less stank, more yank.

You'll have a cool contrasting scar line to demarcate the shaft from the glans.

Most of all... no more painful phimosis.

While I am not an ADVOCATE for circumcision... I have never regretted my own.

And if having a foreskin is problematic or painful... you will probably love not having one, just as you would love not having a permanently painful tooth.

Really... its no big deal. If its causing you a problem, lose it. Evolutionarily its a useless vestige.

12. justcurious80

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    im sorry, but among other things in your post, i have to disagree with this statement entirely. this is not meant to start a fight. If you consider the evolutionary basis for the whole purpose of a foreskin, it makes sense. It is meant to keep the glans of the penis moist and fully functional. And then look at the purpose of circumcision in religion and in history. For a long period of time, circumcision was practiced as a method to prevent masturbation. Removing an extremely sensitive piece of skin from an organ will decrease nerve function. I mean look at how cirucmcision is performed: they clamp and crush your skin and prevent blood circulation into the foreskin. While i definitely understand that many uncircumcised males deal with medical problems such as phimosis, there are at times better alternatives. you also mentioned "You'll have a cool contrasting scar line to demarcate the shaft from the glans.". what part of impared distorted nerves due to scar tissue is cool? many women are unfamiliar to uncircumcised cocks, thats why they find cut ones more appealing (as generalized as that sounds). When i polled my physician on what the american medical association says about circumcision, he states that it is a completely elective surgery that is not supported by any medical basis. Most any physician will tell you it is only performed for religious or unfortunately by common practice (from parents who don't really know much about it). im glad that people are starting to realize that its not longer necessary (unless extreme medical conditions exist). Im upset that i was brought under the knife.

To prevent anyone getting angry at me, i apologize if my argument sounds a bit blunt, but im just stating my opinion. I completely understand an adults decision for elective circumcision if necessary, but by no means will i ever support routine infant cirucmcision. I am glad i was spared from being tightly cut and was at least left most of my frenulum, heh.....

well thats about it..

-justcurious80

#12 justcurious80, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  13. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

The beautiful scar line means that whether by choice or not, a guy has been deprived of a valuable piece of property. Too many scar lines are just plain unattractive, and if women in the US claim to like circumcised cocks, it's because that's all they've ever seen or had sex with. That's called inexperience or ignorance. If you have to be circumcised for medical reasons, okay, but leave baby boys alone. Maybe they would prefer not to have beautiful scar lines.

14. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

[ WRONG ] NO guy thats been cut by choice or for medical reason i know of has been deprived of anything. and i have many guy friends. at least none of the guys i know who have had their foreskin and gotten cut for their own reasons or medical. some i have even had sex with both before an latter on after they were cut, and it has been better and they were much better also. and i as a women in the us like circumcised cocks better and it isn't because thats all i have ever seen or had sex with. i have had many uncircumcised cock sex an i dont like them. they to me are not as good as a cut cock is. so i would not go calling women ignorant just because we mite not like something you do or do not. an as for baby boys cir, or not. its been argued on here before about parents doing whats best concerning this and everyone has a diffrent opinion on it. also the question was ask of the op how has circumcision benefited you. not about baby boys being cir. or not. so trying to start a cut uncut war here is not answering the op question and or adding to it. dont want to be mean here but it seems there are just a certain group of people who think they know all about what women should or shouldn't like concerning cocks. it is called a preference. we mite not always get it but its very enjoyable when we do and we appreciate it every time we get our preference so calling one ignorant for liking a circumcised cock is just plain ignorant, and it also works in revers as well.

15. ubernietzschean

ubernietzschean New Member

Everyone, thank you for your insights so far. Especially those who contacted me directly with your experiences. It has been most helpful to me and deeply appreciated! :biggrin1:

I will post when I get a date and post-op to let you folks know how it went.

If there are any others of you that have had this done as an adult, please, share your experience!

16. Jory

Jory New Member

I think it was Shakespeare who wrote (or should have written):

"Happiness comes to he who knows the pleasure that circumcision bestows."

17. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Circumcision will give you great benefits in the head. You won't have to worry about your penis hurting during sex. When you drop underwear, you'll know you'll be exposing a nice looking penis ready for action without bad smells or cheese after a long day.

And during the day, your exposed glans against underwear will subtely remind you that you are a male and this acts a bit like a very mild extended foreplay.

When having sex, the contact is far more direct, and the shaft skin as well as head are more stimulated because the rub against vagina instead of the penis sliding in and out of its own foreksin.

You will fairly quickly get used to your new penis and within months, it will feel perfectly natural as if you had been born this way, and the concept of foreskin will be a distant "logical" memory and you will picture yourself naked with a bare glans because the concept of foreksin will become foreign to you.

18. Jory

Jory New Member

Sir Concis....a wise and considered contribution to this circ debate. Thank you.

19. Aqua666

Aqua666 Member

Albums:
    Hey man. I had the op (due to phimosis) a couple of months ago. Unfortunatly I haven't been in any sexual situations since then, so can't really say what the difference is with sensitivity and all that. But there will be horrible blood and gore, and it will be painfull - but don't worry: it does heal eventually. One part of the side of my penis didn't peel for a while after everything else had, but it's all ok now, so you just have to wait it out. It's a bit harder to masterbate, but you soon find other ways to do it and it's just as enjoyable!

So, in short, you just get used to it and don't really miss the foreskin at all (in my experience at least). It's probally worth trying to solve the phimosis problem with steroid cream or whatever first, but I haven't heard of anyone managing to do this succesfully. But obviously you only want to have to op if you really have to.

20. Aqua666

Aqua666 Member

Albums:
    I agree with SirConcis - after a while you just get used to having no foreskin, and it feels natural. In my experience anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted