How has your generations underwear preferences changed over time?

endoftheage

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Basically, the “in” underwear changes with time depending on trends, advertising, what the uncool older generations wear, what’s dominant, etc.

So for this topic, I ask the following:

1) Where you have lived (country is fine if you don’t want to get too specific)?
2) What year were you born in (a range is fine if you want to preserve privacy)?
3) How has your peer groups typical underwear preference changed between age 18 and now?

(Remember, we can only discuss things that occurred when you/the people involved were 18+, no matter how innocent the content is.)

bippy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am late gen-X, born in the second half of the 1970s. I live in the US.

I don't claim to speak for my entire generation, but, among the guys that I knew/know, we were pretty much all wearing regular boxers at age 18, when I started living in a college dorm. It wasn't until a couple of years later that I saw anyone wearing boxer-briefs (I tried them for a short time, but didn't like them). I knew a couple of guys who freeballed, at least one of whom did so full time. I started freeballing after college, personally.

I don't have much occasion to see guys my age in their underwear, but I'd guess that boxers are still the most common, but that a large minority has switched to boxer-briefs by now. I'd also guess that only a statistically insignificant number wears briefs.

Ohiojohn

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Born in the early 90s in the US.

back when I was 18 it seemed to mostly be boxers or boxer briefs. Some wore briefs or occasionally wore briefs. Now it seems most either stick with briefs or boxer briefs. Rarely do I see regular baggy boxers. In my friends group, half have seemed to switch back to regular briefs. Mostly colored but I’ve seen a few rocki some white briefs. And the other half still favor boxer briefs

PeterJackson1

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was born in the late 70’s and think most have probably switched to boxers or boxer briefs at this point other than some like me who still wear briefs or bikini briefs. I use to work at the local funeral home and most men we buried born before 1940 wore boxers. Those born after 1940 who died wore briefs/bikini briefs/low rise ones. I think anyone born since 1990 probably wears boxer briefs. It was always interesting what loved ones brought to the funeral home for their recently departed to be buried in.

Reactions: JayPR and Ohiojohn

JayPR

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Born in 1981 in San Juan,Puerto Rico. Growing up white briefs and colored briefs were the norm. As I got older, bikini briefs were very popular among young guys. I started college in Puerto Rico and most guys used to wear regular briefs and bikini briefs interchangeably. Once I transferred to a college in the US (1999), I started to see plaid boxers everywhere. Sometimes, someone was wearing regular briefs. I remember a roommate who was Italian American who only wore Calvin Klien white briefs.
Nowadays, most of my friends or guys around my age wear boxer briefs and some boxers, and I am pretty sure some of my PR friends still wear bikini briefs. I personally wear boxer briefs, trunks, and sometimes briefs, like the cool modern ones.

twguy01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Born in 2000. Of course we all wore tighty whities growing up until middle school. There was one kid in middle school that still wore them and I think he wore them in high school too. I recently Switched back to tighty whities.

Reactions: Ozmah21 and Ohio419

HMS

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm from Southern Brazil, born in the late 1980's, during my childhood, men enjoy to wear briefs, like this one
View media item 8314231Than in the mid 2000's, we start to wear tight Boxers, just to improve our bulges, just like this one
View media item 6875801Today, is 50/50 between briefs and boxers

Reactions: Ohio419 and Ozmah21

MDGuy1032

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I’m from the US… east coast… Born in the mid 80s grew up in a time dads wore tightie whities and almost all of us wore loose boxers… briefs almost non existent and boxerbriefs where considered strange as they just where coming out. A lot of us seemed to have eventually dabbled in boxerbriefs and now in the mid to late 30’s it seems like trunks are in and briefs are really making a comeback… I myself wear almost 100% briefs… I think the generation after kind of started in boxerbriefs and are keeping with them

Reactions: Ohiojohn