How honest are you about your feelings with those closest to you?

How honest are you about your feelings with those closest to you?

• I tell them everything, and am an open book

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • I try to be honest, but I think about the relationship before I open up. .

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Sometimes I share, sometimes I hold back

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • I am somewhat guarded, and wait until the other person asks to say what's bothering me.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I only share good news.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. It's difficult for me. I keep it all to myself and must be asked before I open up.

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters

DQSundae

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I chose sometimes I share, sometimes I hold back. When the subject is of no consequence, I'm out there with my opinions, views, etc. But who I am, my deepest thoughts and feelings, those I never share.

Great question

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm mostly an open book, but still very protective of relationships. I don't just spew emotions without consideration. I think carefully about how I share my feelings, and evaluate how they will affect those people I love. Some feelings I may not share if I think that sharing them will only make me feel better and will only hurt the relationship. I try to be kind to the people I care about the most.

My first love went through a cruel phase where he acted as though I ought to be grateful for his total honesty, even if it hurt my feelings, because he considered his honesty to me to be a higher virtue than consideration for my feelings. It was complete BS and I never agreed with him regarding his superiority for doing something that hurt my feelings. When I said that I am completely open with my feelings, that isn't what I meant at all. If my feelings might be hurtful to someone I am close to, I am cautious about them and I attempt to be considerate of their feelings.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I choose people in my life on the basis of my being able to share my thoughts and feelings with as little filtering as possible. It hasn't always been that way, but these days I really can't be bothered with any undue concern as regards trying to compartmentalize who knows what when.

I voted "open book".

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I am as open as the person allows me to be. I spend rather a lot of energy monitoring how much that is, in each person's case.

For me this is a side effect of the way I was nurtured. My parents were raised Lutheran and became 'beatniks' -- how much they did out of reaction to rule-breaking for its own sake left their children a bit at sea when it came to guessing when the larger culture found 'sharing' appropriate. Sauna culture nudity in the bath house is one thing, and being naked around the house the rest of the time is another.

And yes, I am using visual disclosure as an analogy for verbal or written disclosure.
Smart way of making your point.

D

deleted3782

In theory, I'd have to sort out my feelings before I could share them. In theory...

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I trust no one and don't give out personal information to anyone not even those who I've known for years. I'm not exactly an open book. I had a crazy childhood and was forced to grow up fast and a lot of what happened to me caused me to put up walls around me. I rarely ever express my feelings. In the worse situations I'll put a smile on my face and act as if everything is all good. I'm in no way a social outcast or anything like that. I'm very social and have a great sense of humor and can make friends easily........I just don't get close to people.

"Trust no one, tell your secrets to nobody and no one will ever betray you."