How important is female body shape to you?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I wish I could say that I'm principally attracted to a fun, outgoing personality belonging to someone who I can enjoy talking and spending time with, and that her physical appearance doesn't matter.

Definitely body shape - as a subset of "looks" - matters, especially in the early stages or first impressions of getting to know someone. Later on, compatible personalities, common interests, and sense of humour become more important. But "looks" always seem to matter to me.

It appears I am shallow. Le sigh.

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
Not at all. Initial physical attraction to a person draws you in. It happens to everyone, and does not mean you are shallow. I doubt anyone here would try to catch the eye of a woman they thought was unattractive just to see if they were nice or smart or whatever you know?
If you were trying to get with a woman despite a lame personality just because she was hot, then yeah, that might make you shallow.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Naturally a great body grabs the attention,but the attraction is lost if it's attached to a terrible personality.On the other hand a great personality can overcome the drawback of the body not being in the supermodel league.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, looks must be part of the whole package. Body shape is important to looks, but not the be all and end all. To me, a lady's smile matters more than body shape... she has to have the smile and her eyes have to smile with it.

Of course, neither matter a damn if she can't hold a conversation... but I must say, Kshelby's behind would render me speechless :wink:.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn you are obedient! Good boy!

Ya my mamma trained me well!:smile:

Seriously though,what I look for is a woman that can look me in the eye,be honest and speak her mind.And a woman that's not afraid to explore sexuality with me.Thankfully I found her 16 years back and we are still having fun!I am however a bit of a boob man,but Lisa has that too so I'm good!:tongue:

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
Naturally a great body grabs the attention,but the attraction is lost if it's attached to a terrible personality.On the other hand a great personality can overcome the drawback of the body not being in the supermodel league.
you know, I was actually talking about this today. The most significant relationship I had was with a man that I found rather troll-like in looks when we first met. I can honestly say I found him pretty repulsive for quite some time, when we were just sort of aquaintences, and hardly ever talked.
I went camping with some friends and him down in florida for a week, and the first night there, I fell head over heels because of his brains and personality. I almost magically saw him as incredibly attractive. It is so odd how things can switch like that in your brain.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
you know, I was actually talking about this today. The most significant relationship I had was with a man that I found rather troll-like in looks when we first met. I can honestly say I found him pretty repulsive for quite some time, when we were just sort of aquaintences, and hardly ever talked.
I went camping with some friends and him down in florida for a week, and the first night there, I fell head over heels because of his brains and personality. I almost magically saw him as incredibly attractive. It is so odd how things can switch like that in your brain.

What a great story - it's funny how that seems to work! And there is hope for us troll-like types! :smile:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Getting back on topic... there isn't one specific body type I am attracted to; in fact, there have been some definite trends in how my preferences changed over the years. And I think how one carries oneself (literally) can affect how one's body is perceived.

Example: A couple of years ago, I had a single date with a woman who was quite slim - bordering on being too slim for my tastes, actually. But the really offputting thing was how she sat and her body language - it was almost like she was trying to make herself look as small as possible. Arms tucked against her sides, shoulders hunched... not flattering.

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
I'm not ugly I'm a good boy right?
haha I was referring to rob and dirigible's comments. your concern is adorable thats for sure. You are still a very good boy.

and...liking very young girls makes you a dirty old man. Liking girls that are of legal age, but still clearly not within your general generation makes you "that creepy dude in the corner who won't stop staring at my tits". :) I do believe there is a thread just for this in another spot.

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
Well I like them legal and I don't stare.But you do have very nice nipples can I still sneak a peak and not be too creepy?
How do you know if my nipples are nice? I don't show any actual nudity for a reason, and if I were to just flash it for anybody it would defeat that purpose dontchya think?

seterwind

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Mmmm... nipples....

To the topic, though this threads topic truely tries to trail tremendously.

The question I find is, how much does appearence actually matter. It's simple great body no brain, means no go. Great brain no body, typically ends up being a good friend. Great brain and great body, well then you have a keeper.

Thats simple...

Now let us say the lady in question was good looking, less then, geh reference escapes me, lets take Kshelby there. Very sexy in all manners, but not Carmen electra dolled up 24/7 sexy. This girl though has an ok personality, not mind blowing, not completely compatible, but still a good personality.

The next girl has an average body, but you two click nicely, she has her quirks but shes smart, and pretty funny.

Which would you choose? Given the choice, you could have either one.

My self, the girl with the mind.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm not going to lie, a girl's body is important to me. I'm not saying I need a perfect hourglass figure to be happy, but working out and eating healthy are important to me, so I like to see the same effort from other people. Like above posters have said, if a girl has the personality of wallpaper it no longer matters how nice her body is.