How important is male body shape to you?

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have always worked out to stay in shape, but I am sick of working out. I now find myself dreading going to the gym. And i get results fairly easy due to my genetics i guess. I know it can be really tough for some. Gawd its so boring.

How much do you ladies value a nice physique? What is a non negotiable? Or are you accepting of most body types if a guy has all the other things you value?

I

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A decent physique is important to me, I need to find a man physically as well as intellectually attractive. Although I find a guys who are always at the gym and obsessive about their bodies unattractive mentally, they're a little too wrapped up in themselves for my liking.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A decent physique is important to me, I need to find a man physically as well as intellectually attractive. Although I find a guys who are always at the gym and obsessive about their bodies unattractive mentally, they're a little too wrapped up in themselves for my liking.

SP, what do you consider to be a decent physique? Orlando Bloom? Daniel Craig? You pick it?

PS I haven't forgotten about the Manolos. :)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Both of those have what I consider to be a good body, they're fairly lean but taut with defined but not bulging muscles. My first 'real' bf was a tall slim guy and I think that has influenced what I find appealing. To me a man should feel hard not soft and squishy. I don't personally find masses of bulging muscles a turn on but I can go with a six pack :)

You're not half bad yourself.

Now where are my shoes before I sue.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Both of those have what I consider to be a good body, they're fairly lean but taut with defined but not bulging muscles. My first 'real' bf was a tall slim guy and I think that has influenced what I find appealing. To me a man should feel hard not soft and squishy. I don't personally find masses of bulging muscles a turn on but I can go with a six pack :)

You're not half bad yourself.

Now where are my shoes before I sue.

Thank you :) And you are 100% good.

I like these for you: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod37260097&parentId=cat13030779

However there is the issue of the nude modeling. How do we square that? LOL

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Working out got dull for me years ago. Unfortunately, strength training is the best half hour of your day to keep you from falling apart as you age. I haven't been working out for quite awhile. I ride my bike is all. I guess that's why people hook up with the gym so they can exercise while they are watching a movie or something to pass the time. That's why I like riding a bike because the scenery changes. With lifting you're in the same room the whole time and it's hard to distract your mind that you're doing something other than hard exercise. Plus, it seems more useful to use that kind of energy to landscape your back yard or something. Funny that I don't get bored in front of a computer monitor for hours, but working out is boring.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't like going to gyms either. I get my exercise elsewhere. Going to the pool, taking my dog for walks, playing a little soccer with my son... that's all activity. If you don't like going to the gym, then maybe you could by some free weights to keep at your house, and just do the 30 minutes of strength training at home, since it is good for you as dxjnorto said. Body image is somewhat important to me. I have to be attracted to the guy. I've dated tall guys, shorter guys, skinny guys, chubby guys, and everything inbetween. I've learned over the years that guys who are a decent amount overweight generally don't have the greatest self esteem. So MOST of the time, those guys aren't attractive to me MENTALLY. It doesn't necessarily have to do with their body. I just don't like guys who are lacking confidence.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like pretty faces. A little bit of a belly isn't a turn off to me at all especially if he has a hot face. I do, however, need bog shoulders and arms to offset the belly a bit. It's all about proportions. I like small guys with compact, wiry bodies... the little guys that are as wide (with muscles) as they are tall don't do it for me. Likewise, a guy that's 6'5" and 150 pounds is a little frightening. A lot of mushy body fat isn't attractive, and strangely, that can happen on men that aren't all that fat. I really don't like the skinny chicken legs and the giant belly. Some men carry extra weight better than others. Again, all about proportion.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know I can get a bit redundant :)rolleyes:) but as with cock size, I am more interested in the man.
I have had very happy satisfying relationships with men who were a bit overweight, (some even more than a bit)! I HAVE drawn the line at obesity (over 300 pounds), I couldnt get past it (no pun intended)- there are so many health issues and problems it ends up affecting the rel in a negative manner.
Additionally I have had good relationships with a man who was a professional power lifter and one who was a pro football player. It had all to do with their personalities, values, treatment of me and others- and truly, nothing else.
However if I am just window shopping, hell yes give me Matthew McConnaughy and his 6 pack.:tongue:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Like Snoozan, I think how proportional your weight is to your frame is more important than whether or not you're a gym rat. What's even more important is how well you carry your physique. If you have the hardest six-pack or the tightest ass it doesn't matter when you're uncomfortable in your own skin. I've known men who had gorgeous gym bodies who still felt like the fat kid from grade school. Striking facial features are what I look for first: eye colour and shape, structure, curve of lips, angle of jaw and cheekbone, smile, condition of teeth. The man i'm seeing now has the brightest, lightest green eyes i've ever seen. Mesmerising. He has a swimmer's physique, which at 6 ft even works well for me.

To the OP: If you're sick of the gym, take a class in something you've always found interesting. Keeps you physically active while cutting out the boredom of gym life. I'm taking Tai Chi this summer.

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
I don't care if a man is "soft" or whatever, I tend to like a bit of meat on my men. However, I am really quite an active person, so I really wouldn't get along well with a couch potato. Rather, he wouldn't get along with me. I'd drive him nuts. Being perfectly buff isn't my taste because then it kind of says to me that he is obsessive about appearence. On the other hand, if a person is just too lazy to take care of his body, that is a super turn off.
do you dig?

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Exactly what she said. :wink:

I don't care if a man is "soft" or whatever, I tend to like a bit of meat on my men. However, I am really quite an active person, so I really wouldn't get along well with a couch potato. Rather, he wouldn't get along with me. I'd drive him nuts. Being perfectly buff isn't my taste because then it kind of says to me that he is obsessive about appearence. On the other hand, if a person is just too lazy to take care of his body, that is a super turn off.
do you dig?

va_lk_yr_ie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, important. My own bodily appearance is important to me. Why would I find it less important in someone I'm with?

This doesn't mean he has to be a body-builder or rippling with muscles. But I find overweight men and women a turn-off from a sexual point of view, being chubby might work - but is likely to dampen my interest as well.

I'd lie if I said I didn't have a weak spot for shoulders, arms, chest, a tight butt, thighs and a flat stomach...

D_Garmanswait Glassnads

Experimental Member
Media
Since I first started going to the gym I've hated it, apart from how relaxed I felt afterwards and the walk home, I hate the way my legs burn, I hate feeling sick or dizzy etc.

But when I noticed I was getting stronger and that I was starting to look better built I was caught. I hate it enough to mean I only go a couple of times a week but I find it's still important for me to stick to it.
ALot of people will say they don't care but I find it odd that they don't. If not for the obvious attraction (which some people have lost) then you should do it for yourself, healthwise. It's better to be bored at the gym then to be ill.

One more thing I've noticed it how much better my erections are, they're not harder but they point upwards more. Sexual health benefits form the gym aswell. It effects all areas of life. It is life in effect.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, important. My own bodily appearance is important to me. Why would I find it less important in someone I'm with?

This doesn't mean he has to be a body-builder or rippling with muscles. But I find overweight men and women a turn-off from a sexual point of view, being chubby might work - but is likely to dampen my interest as well.

I'd lie if I said I didn't have a weak spot for shoulders, arms, chest, a tight butt, thighs and a flat stomach...

I can trim off weight easily and build muscle easily too. However, its not fun. Fun is chocolate milkshakes, banana splits, cheese cake, hot wings, and nachos heaped with guacamole, cheese, beans, and sour cream. Plus Oreos and milk.

Sure beats whey protein shakes, flax seed oil, raw almonds, and egg whites. That nutritional regimen works wonders for me but its plain f'ing boring.

va_lk_yr_ie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can trim off weight easily and build muscle easily too. However, its not fun. Fun is chocolate milkshakes, banana splits, cheese cake, hot wings, and nachos heaped with guacamole, cheese, beans, and sour cream. Plus Oreos and milk.

Sure beats whey protein shakes, flax seed oil, raw almonds, and egg whites. That nutritional regimen works wonders for me but its plain f'ing boring.

Oh, that I understand and copy. But why take it to either of the extremes? My own personal goal - eat right and healthy about 70-80% of what I do - work out, stay in shape - enjoy whatever food I want with the remaining 20-30%. You eat not only for the body, but for the soul as well... :smile:

ManTubeula

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chicks Are So Gullible...I've Learned It Really Has Nothing To Do With Looks As Long As You've Got Personality... and i know it sounds cliche..But It's So True....And The Most Redeeming Quailty A Guy Can Have Is The Ability To Make A Chick Laugh...As Long As You're Not A Friggin Pig With No Sense Of Style It's A Breeze Getting A Chick Under The Impression That You're Some Kinda Great Catch.. and we all know that's not true....

Screw The Gym is What I Say....The Less You Go...The Better I Look..
enjoy those burgers

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Chicks Are So Gullible... It's A Breeze Getting A Chick Under The Impression That You're Some Kinda Great Catch.. and we all know that's not true....
enjoy those burgers

well while I appreciate your truthfulness about yourself, I do take exception to an insult to female intelligence.
Most of us tend to figure it out after reading a few posts. :tongue:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Chicks Are So Gullible...I've Learned It Really Has Nothing To Do With Looks As Long As You've Got Personality... and i know it sounds cliche..But It's So True....And The Most Redeeming Quality A Guy Can Have Is The Ability To Make A Chick Laugh...As Long As You're Not A Friggin Pig With No Sense Of Style It's A Breeze Getting A Chick Under The Impression That You're Some Kinda Great Catch.. and we all know that's not true....

enjoy those burgers
I think you're crazy. I will not sleep with someone grossly overweight.. no matter how good of a humor he has... I wont talk to him long enough to know he has one. Body image is important.. if you can't keep that up, what can you do?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Overweight doesn't bother me in the slightest. I love to feel pressed into a mattress. The only time fat would turn me off is if it were the loose watery fat. Must be human consistency, water balloons are not sexy.

Honestly, I'll notice posture before fitness. I dated a guy 6'4", 370lbs. Due to the way he carried himself it's never occured to me to consider him obese.