How is anyone romantic anymore?

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jokes are a good start. Making a girl laugh is a good way to make her feel comfortable with you. Making a girl laugh in bed is a great skill too...if it's laughing with you not at you.

The most romantic moment I've had in the past year was sex on the beach under a full moon...and it was amazing. Not a quickie...but instead followed after an hour of just making out.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stimulate her intellect. Debate about ethical issues.

Introduce her to new things. Go out and get a couple's massage. Make dinner.

Or just chill.

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
see im awesome at making girls laugh and boning them. that isn't the issue. the issue is that sometimes i actually like a girl and would like to do something nice for them (besides sexual things) so i do something but as i am doing it i feel like a tool and so i start making comments about how stupid it is and kill whatever response i was going for

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Revert to caveman times. Hit her on the head and drag her back to the cave.

Or, grab her by the shoulders and give her few good whiplash shakes and a backhand...she'll love you even more.:rolleyes:

And the next time, you bring her the wrong Hallmark card on Valentine's Day or get her a George Foreman Grill for Christmas and she gets a little emotionally raw about it...you can remind her of the rough shakings and the backhand...she'll appreciate the card and whatever tragic things alpha males do...and she'll LOVE YOU. Romance is alive and well.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My man tickles me (which I hate) as a romantic gesture. He also teaches me self-defense, home defense, and how to properly care for and use our weapons as a romantic gesture (which I love). When he forgets to wear his wedding band, he taps my ring and says, "You're out with your secret lover-man tonight!" as a romantic gesture. And every night, he tells me he's lucky to have me, how much he loves me, and pouts that when the mornign comes, it means we'll spend hours apart. He's such a cutie. All that is to suggest that your romance can come in almost any form. It can be physical contact, mushy speeches, comedy, care-giving, or nice gestures. True romance is dictated by the moment, and enacted by you.

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
all that sounds pretty lame.

Romance comes from the heart, not the brain and certainly not from your boner.
Whatever you find lame might be heart warming and loving to another.It could be just instinctively holding her hand while crossing the street, or writing little I love you notes and leaving it in her purse. Which is what romance really is, it's the little ways one person shows love to the other.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Romance comes from the heart, not the brain and certainly not from your boner.
Whatever you find lame might be heart warming and loving to another.It could be just instinctively holding her hand while crossing the street, or writing little I love you notes and leaving it in her purse. Which is what romance really is, it's the little ways one person shows love to the other.
Exactly! This is one case where perception is everything. If the target perceives he or she has been romanced, you've succeeded.

My man leaves the house at 6AM, and I get up early enough daily to cook him a fresh breakfast and a real lunch daily. He feels really special as a result, so it's romance. I leave love letters in his uniforms. He feels wooed, so he is wooed. That's romance too. Don't knock it, DudeofDestiny. My relationship is going really well. Everyone who visits us says our home is just full of love. I thin that's a very high compliment, and a sign that our marriage is succeeding so far.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For me romance is all about knowing the person really well.

If you did the candlelight dinner thing and brought me flowers I wouldn't think it was romantic at all. In fact I would be offended. I would think you couldn't be bothered stopping to think about what I actually like.

I like horse riding, so if you surprised me with a horse ride for my birthday I would think it was romantic. You would get a really good ride when we got home too :)

I like vibrators. So if you got me a new one that was appropriate (ie. large and exciting) I would think it was romantic.

I like sex. So if you gave me a really good session that included all my favourite stuff I would think it was romantic.

Get the picture? It's all about HER. It's not about what is SUPPOSED to be romantic.