How is anyone romantic anymore?

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You ask how to be romantic these days, then you accuse those that post with the intention of helping/giving a few ideas from their romantic experiences or thoughts of not being romantic and lame and me of being unable to be romantic or have any romantic experiences !?? implying that you think we too know nothing of the romance you speak of.

You don't sound like a romantic person at all, which is why you're having a little trouble in that department perhaps.... Last bit of advise, better give it up now... or go read some Shakespeare

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why does everyone take me at face value?

Believe me, anybody actually familiar with you doesn't take you seriously at all. I mean that in a good way of course.

A tip to any future posters here...post at your own risk. Better to just move along...nothing to see here.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
im a complicated man and no one understands me but my woman

You have one, so you must have mastered some level of romance to keep her from leaving. Good enough. Just thank her now and then, that's all.

And of course we take you at face value because that face is valuable
even if it belongs to the Vikings now.

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
the trick is to love fat thighs and fat asses. it teleports you to a whole new blowjob dimension, where your balls are always dripping with slobber and you're hands are always raunchily grabbin at least one boob

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Revert to caveman times. Hit her on the head and drag her back to the cave.

hahaha. Best reply to any thread ever.

Romance has changed in my opinion. This valentines day, I rang a girl I was seeing during the day and said I wanted to take her out for a meal. When I met her, I gave her a box of chocs and a rose, then paid for a meal out. Yes, very cliche, but I wanted to make her feel special, what I thought would appear romantic.

The responses were intriguing. Herself, the girl said it seemed more cute than romantic, not sure if that was my fault or not, and she was most concerned about her night out after.

Her mother seemed more excited than her. She was saying she wishes her husband would do that, that it was romantic. Her grandparents (I heard) felt the same, that it reminded them of when they were courting.

So basically, romance has changed. Romance may be sex on a beach under the moonlight (mentioned above), or proposing etc. But casual romance is dead, unfortunately, in my opinion. Still I won't stop being classically romantic from time to time, I believe it makes them feel special, feel wanted and appreciated. I like to think I can make a girl feel like that, even if the one I went out with this year didn't seem to appreciate it (if she did she didn't act like it. Even her sister wished her bf did it, so maybe it's different from a third-person/first-person view. Or maybe she was just a bitch :) )

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I witnessed a romantic moment today...a guy came in to hospital to visit his wife and newborn baby daughter Daisy.

He lifted his shirt and has a daisychain tattoo on his hip....in honour of his beautiful baby girl.It didnt look to feminine for a guy to have either.

LargeInLife

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
seems like everything is either ironic or cliche today. i cant do anything nice for a girl without also making fun of it no matter how serious my intentions initially were

Romantic ≠ Serious.

Romantic means something different to everyone. I would say that often its also more about what your intention is, and not necessarily what the outcome was. For example:

Lets say you spent all day cooking her a special romantic dinner, and you used walnuts in the meal, and when she sat down to eat, she saw the walnuts and told you that she was allergic and couldn't eat the meal. Now even though the dinner kinda didn't really work out as planned, its still romantic because you were doing it all for her. Your intentions should outweigh the outcome. You should still be confident because your heart was in the right place, maybe you can laugh about it later, but don't make fun of yourself.

Life is RARELY like it is in the movies. Don't be too hard on yourself. Personally I don't believe in cliche. Nearly anything you could open your mouth and say has been said before by someone in history, so don't worry so much.

If the girl that you are going out of your way to be romantic with does not appreciate your efforts, she is simply a waste of your time.

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I witnessed a romantic moment today...a guy came in to hospital to visit his wife and newborn baby daughter Daisy.

He lifted his shirt and has a daisychain tattoo on his hip....in honour of his beautiful baby girl.It didnt look to feminine for a guy to have either.

That is awesome.

LargeInLife

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
see im awesome at making girls laugh and boning them. that isn't the issue. the issue is that sometimes i actually like a girl and would like to do something nice for them (besides sexual things) so i do something but as i am doing it i feel like a tool and so i start making comments about how stupid it is and kill whatever response i was going for

When you are "boning" these girls, do you stop halfway through and make comments about how bad of a job you are doing?

I would hope not. Don't doubt yourself, have confidence in yourself and in your ability to be romantic.

I challenge you to find a single woman who doesn't love confidence in a man.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's always kinda hard to tell when the OP is serious and when he's just pulling legs (not a criticism, merely an observation). On the off-chance that there's anything serious about this thread, I have a story to relate.

About a month ago I met a guy whom I'll call Ziggy. He's smart, funny and well-off financially. He's also been around the block a few times and has a real knack for getting right to the heart of whatever matter happens to be on his mind. And he finds me extremely interesting, not just sexually but intellectually and emotionally as well.

Unfortunately, in my opinion we are as incompatible sexually as two people can be: we're both non-versatile tops to start with. Additionally, he's more than a foot taller than me and is easily twice my weight which I do not find attractive sexually. He's also HIV negative which breaks one of my sacred rules regarding serosorting. So sex is absolutely off the table. I made my feelings completely clear about this and he accepted them but still wanted to take me out on a date.

He picked me up a few nights later, and at my suggestion we went to what is undoubtedly one of the most charming and romantic restaurants in all of South Florida, a tiny little place called Le Patio. Knowing that he was as much a foodie (gastronome) as myself, I knew he'd love it. We had a wonderful meal and an excellent conversation about a whole range of interests (film, architecture, travel, etc). Everything exceeded expectations.

Afterward he drove me to his place where I'd agreed to spend the night so long as he understood that sex wasn't in the cards, which he accepted. We spent a lovely night snuggling with some light and very unserious grouping and caressing. Waking up late, he fixed me a cup of tea and eventually dropped me off back home.

Everything was completely romantic and sensual without being sexual whatsoever, and satisfying for us both (though I know he'd have wanted more if I'd been willing).

The context to this romantic evening is that, at least right now, there is no greater mecca of gay hedonism in the US than Ft Lauderdale. I work in a bar and could easily get laid every night, or one can log on to a website like Manhunt.net and find anything from vanilla twinky sex to hard-core, extreme sex with singles, couples or larger groups within a matter of minutes on most nights. There are also four sex clubs all within a five minute drive from my house. I avail myself of all these things on a pretty regular basis, as does Ziggy.

Five years of being single in such an environment has made even really outrageous sexual encounters oddly banal. But my date with Ziggy was an antidote to feeling completely jaded, and we'll do it again (though not too often). If romanticism can happen in this hothouse environment and with two such cynical types, it can happen anywhere.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Man, I think that people are too sophisticated to be romantic or put their trust solely on romance. Look at some of these reality shows...I LOVE NEW YORK...FOR THE LOVE OF RAY J...WHAT CHILLI WANTS.

You have these people dating and being romantic with all of these people...trying to find THE ONE. How can one put faith in romance when people have so many options and people can up and leave you at any time.

Why should I be romantic now and down the line that person decides to leave me for someone else? It doesn't completely inspire faith for romance. People are sophisticated...too many options out there.