How is anyone romantic anymore?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Man, I think that people are too sophisticated to be romantic or put their trust solely on romance.
***snip***
Why should I be romantic now and down the line that person decides to leave me for someone else? It doesn't completely inspire faith for romance. People are sophisticated...too many options out there.

That makes me sad. I think everyone wants to hope that oneday they can trust someone to always be there. And that the person will look past their "other" options for them.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so pretty much you're saying youre straight...just remind yourself it's for the sex. The key is conditioning...Pavlov style

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That makes me sad. I think everyone wants to hope that one day they can trust someone to always be there. And that the person will look past their "other" options for them.

Yeah. It is sad. I think that as kids we grow up with Disney's SOMEDAY OUR MONARCHY WILL COME. But he didn't write that: one day...overtime those beyotches will change their minds when someone new comes along.

It isn't like I treat these guys bad either. I am not an asshole. I didn't abuse them. I didn't hit them. I didn't cuss them out. I didn't fuck on them. I didn't cheat on them either.

I have had about three serious relationships in the span fifteen or so years.
I have had lots of sex in my twenties. In my late-twenties to my late thirties I had three unsuccessful relationships with three different men. Over time, they changed their minds...and options became available for them to split. The last two men contacted me two years ago. And both wanted to hook up with me again. And I told them both that it wasn't going to happen. I told them how they up and left me. And how it all felt. I didn't have anyone else. I wished them the best of luck on finding someone else.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah. It is sad. I think that as kids we grow up with Disney's SOMEDAY OUR MONARCHY WILL COME. But he didn't write that: one day...overtime those beyotches will change their minds when someone new comes along.

It isn't like I treat these guys bad either. I am not an asshole. I didn't abuse them. I didn't hit them. I didn't cuss them out. I didn't fuck on them. I didn't cheat on them either.

I have had about three serious relationships in the span fifteen or so years.
I have had lots of sex in my twenties. In my late-twenties to my late thirties I had three unsuccessful relationships with three different men. Over time, they changed their minds...and options became available for them to split. The last two men contacted me two years ago. And both wanted to hook up with me again. And I told them both that it wasn't going to happen. I told them how they up and left me. And how it all felt. I didn't have anyone else. I wished them the best of luck on finding someone else.

I agree with you about Disney. I still feel that way sometimes. I'm in my late 20's and I think to myself, why do our parents even let us watch that drivel? Because now as an adult I still have those unrealistic feelings. I know none of it's real. You just always want to have hope. I know it's not like tv, but you just want something. That spark, a flame something to say that it's forever... then you feel that way and for whatever reason it doesn't work out. Then your left thinking it's all a bunch of bologna. I still can't stop thinking that it can really be like that, I had it for a moment and sometimes I wish I could live the rest of my life in that moment. Sometimes you just want to know it's ok to trust someone, to really love them.

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being Romantic is the easiest thing in the world if you actually like a girl.

I dont spend a penny on a bitch. I wont spring for anything unless I legitimately like her ( in which case she is a woman not a bitch).

Little things add up fairly easily.

Home cooked meals, cards, poetry, flowers

Females eat that shit up ( the ones I have been with anyway)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with you about Disney. I still feel that way sometimes. I'm in my late 20's and I think to myself, why do our parents even let us watch that drivel? Because now as an adult I still have those unrealistic feelings. I know none of it's real. You just always want to have hope. I know it's not like tv, but you just want something. That spark, a flame something to say that it's forever... then you feel that way and for whatever reason it doesn't work out. Then your left thinking it's all a bunch of bologna. I still can't stop thinking that it can really be like that, I had it for a moment and sometimes I wish I could live the rest of my life in that moment. Sometimes you just want to know it's ok to trust someone, to really love them.

Maybe, that is the problem that whole idea of hoping for something that is real and trustworthy in the first-place.

Yeah, there is a possibility that there is someone for someone and that person may stick around for as long. If you ever get that golden ticket in Cupid's WONKA Bar or that winning POWERBALL ticket of love. I will be happy for you totally and for any other person who by chance got a love that will stick around.

About the reality shows about finding their true love: the things that are sooo fucked up about them are: These hot people are dating all of these other hot people...yet they treat them all like shit...for sake of the reality show. It is insane. Then, people who don't know any better...they watch this shit on TV...and think that it is okay to treat their actual dates like that.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe, that is the problem that whole idea of hoping for something that is real and trustworthy in the first-place.

Yeah, there is a possibility that there is someone for someone and that person may stick around for as long. If you ever get that golden ticket in Cupid's WONKA Bar or that winning POWERBALL ticket of love. I will be happy for you totally and for any other person who by chance got a love that will stick around.

About the reality shows about finding their true love: the things that are sooo fucked up about them are: These hot people are dating all of these other hot people...yet they treat them all like shit...for sake of the reality show. It is insane. Then, people who don't know any better...they watch this shit on TV...and think that it is okay to treat their actual dates like that.

I hate reality tv what a bunch of bs. I just want the real thing, forever. I want everyone to find it and to feel that way. I think some of us are wired different emotionally and it's just never going to happen. But I want to believe we are all searching for it at some point in our lives. I think some people get "ruined" by what another person does to them and it stops them from ever being able to let loose and love like they have the potential too. Everyone is so afraid of being hurt.

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These hot people are dating all of these other hot people...yet they treat them all like shit...for sake of the reality show.
Well being more attractive doesnt make you more or less worthy than another person

That being said being attractive sure as hell makes it more likely that youll be treated better

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well being more attractive doesnt make you more or less worthy than another person

That being said being attractive sure as hell makes it more likely that youll be treated better

I was pretty attractive in my twenties and thirties. I worked out like guys do nowadays. I wasn't treated any better than I was when I didn't work out. I did get a lot more sex though. But not any different when I didn't work out.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think some people get "ruined" by what another person does to them and it stops them from ever being able to let loose and love like they have the potential too. Everyone is so afraid of being hurt.

That is the color of me at the moment.

Maybe I will get convinced otherwise. Again, good things can happen to peeps with bad streaks. I could get a golden ticket in Cupid's WONKA Bar. :smile:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That is the color of me at the moment.

Maybe I will get convinced otherwise. Again, good things can happen to peeps with bad streaks. I could get a golden ticket in Cupid's WONKA Bar. :smile:

Look now I always wanted to visit a place of "pure imagination" don't forget your fellow lpsger's when you find the golden ticket:wink: Don't close yourself off from it because it could happen if you just let it.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Look now I always wanted to visit a place of "pure imagination" don't forget your fellow lpsger's when you find the golden ticket:wink: Don't close yourself off from it because it could happen if you just let it.

Trust me-- if I find the golden ticket man...I will be the one who will let people know. I may even take some pictures of him, if permitted.

:biggrin1:

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hate reality tv what a bunch of bs. I just want the real thing, forever. I want everyone to find it and to feel that way. I think some of us are wired different emotionally and it's just never going to happen. But I want to believe we are all searching for it at some point in our lives. I think some people get "ruined" by what another person does to them and it stops them from ever being able to let loose and love like they have the potential too. Everyone is so afraid of being hurt.

There's more to life than finding "that special someone." There's something deficient in yourself if you require another person to "complete you." Self-awareness is not something that another person can give you, and without it you will waste your life hoping for certain things to happen instead of using your self-awareness to create the reality you want for yourself.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Romance? I like that Margaret Cho modern day romancing at a bar when she turns to a hot guy sitting next to her and blurts out, "STICK IT IN ME!"

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
I witnessed a romantic moment today...a guy came in to hospital to visit his wife and newborn baby daughter Daisy.

He lifted his shirt and has a daisychain tattoo on his hip....in honour of his beautiful baby girl.It didnt look to feminine for a guy to have either.

well im not going to get a tattoo because i have class

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
When you are "boning" these girls, do you stop halfway through and make comments about how bad of a job you are doing?

I would hope not. Don't doubt yourself, have confidence in yourself and in your ability to be romantic.

I challenge you to find a single woman who doesn't love confidence in a man.

i say weird shit when boning to get a laugh sometimes. once i took a girl home from a bar and midbone paused and said "i love you" to freak her out. it worked and then i cutely quipped "just kidding, if anything i like you as less than a friend". another time a girl wanted to put on music and while she was in the bathroom i looked through her itunes, found the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald and put it on repeat. i thought it was funny anyway.