How is it possible to be still undecided between Obama & Romney?

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yeah, that would be a valid excuse if the Congressional Republicans in both houses hadn't vowed to make him a one-term president from day one. A president is the executor and the Congress are the legislative board, so if the board refuses to cooperate how exactly can the executor do his or her job?
Awww poor poor Obama. Did he send you a note telling you it's not his fault again. When is he going to stand up and take responsability for his asshat moves? Let me answer that, never.

Anyway, both parties suck at this point so who fucking cares. Please shove the fence up their collective asses.

lurker37160

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, that would be a valid excuse if the Congressional Republicans in both houses hadn't vowed to make him a one-term president from day one. A president is the executor and the Congress are the legislative board, so if the board refuses to cooperate how exactly can the executor do his or her job?

Take that up with the framers of the Constitution. :smile:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Awww poor poor Obama. Did he send you a note telling you it's not his fault again. When is he going to stand up and take responsability for his asshat moves? Let me answer that, never.

Anyway, both parties suck at this point so who fucking cares. Please shove the fence up their collective asses.

This is the standard statement from Republican apologists who are too ashamed to talk like Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan. Basically, you're trying to say that the thoughtful people are as much to blame as the greedy assholes.

The thoughtful people disagree.

azbjbilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You do if he's not getting the j-o-b done.

don't be a moron. give his a Congress that won't obstruct everything. Like WHEN have the Republipukes ever done ANYTHING for the working class???????????????????????????????????

........ patiently waiting for an intelligent response.......

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
don't be a moron. give his a Congress that won't obstruct everything. Like WHEN have the Republipukes ever done ANYTHING for the working class???????????????????????????????????

........ patiently waiting for an intelligent response.......

Haven't you heard?? They create jobs!! But of course they only do that when it seems there is a Republican in the White House to ensure that Laws in their favor will create the kind of jobs where they can make lots and lots. (And by the way --- the wealthy of this nation have actually done quite well under Democratic Presidents!)

kayman

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

That is your weak sauce rebuttal to this? WOW

Boy you could saved those keystrokes because you are already had your mind made up. Even when you aren't aligned with either party (like myself) you can see the truth of the matter. Anyways, it was good talking but I you need to play with somebody that can actually comprehend whatever you were trying to say which is a mystery...

kayman

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Has anyone considered it's not people undecided about Romney/Obama, but rather thinking they both suck and trying to figure out is the least destructive person to vote for?

Yeah, these are likely the same people whom are more fascinated by "reality TV" than living in reality. Somehow, I wouldn't find anything of resonance from this lot because there is a term and phrase for them, gullible & lack of discernment. If one does a little research it wouldn't be hard to figure out something even in an objective sense.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Yeah, these are likely the same people whom are more fascinated by "reality TV" than living in reality. Somehow, I wouldn't find anything of resonance from this lot because there is a term and phrase for them, gullible & lack of discernment. If one does a little research it wouldn't be hard to figure out something even in an objective sense.

Ah yes, I can see it now, the pro-corporate, pro-low tax, pro-austerity, pro-war, pro-torture, anti-war-on-terror-prosecution, anti-banking prosecution, anti-drug candidate with the individual mandate health reform in his history is so much different, can't you see?

I mean the details of their healthcare plans are slightly different and Obama decided in the past 6 months to maybe kinda sort support gay marriage in the most wishy washy way possible because before that they would have been the same on that too. Also they have different colors, one red and one blue!

kayman

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ah yes, I can see it now, the pro-corporate, pro-low tax, pro-austerity, pro-war, pro-torture, anti-war-on-terror-prosecution, anti-banking prosecution, anti-drug candidate with the individual mandate health reform in his history is so much different, can't you see?

I mean the details of their healthcare plans are slightly different and Obama decided in the past 6 months to maybe kinda sort support gay marriage in the most wishy washy way possible because before that they would have been the same on that too. Also they have different colors, one red and one blue!

Are you done? I'm looking at the entire platform not just the details that involves the obviousness. I don't know but whom said "let Detroit (the US automobile industry) collapse", "people are corporations too", or whom did pass sign the Lilly Ledbetter Act (whom is a native Alabamian like myself) into law, student loan forgiveness program if you work in the public sector or non-profits for 10 years of service with 120 consecutive monthly payments, or pushed for the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"?

*scratching my head* I bet it is such a hard choice for the pragmatic individual to look at the bigger picture... :rolleyes:

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Are you done?

Oooooh here is the part where you find all the differences there are, which is totally relevant because I said they were 100% exactly the same in every possible with with no difference whatsoever and not you missing the point entirely.

I'm looking at the entire platform not just the details that involves the obviousness. I don't know but whom said "let Detroit (the US automobile industry) collapse",

He can say what he wants, but he would have bailed out Detroit too. You really think a guy who spent his entire life as a capitalist was going to let the auto industry fail?

"people are corporations too",

Obama is 100% OK with people being corporations as well. He also wants to regulate them less. Like Romney.

or whom did pass sign the Lilly Ledbetter Act (whom is a native Alabamian like myself) into law

Wonderful, I have no problem with this one.

, student loan forgiveness program if you work in the public sector or non-profits for 10 years of service with 120 consecutive monthly payments,

Um...you do know that law went into affect under Bush, right?

or pushed for the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"?

You mean the Log Cabin Republicans? Who brought a case to the federal level and forced the issue that Obama was being pretty casual about, a guy who spent his political career up to 6mos ago repeating the bigotted idea that gays shouldn't be married? What a great champion of gay rights, and totally not a guy doing the absolute minimum to please the gay voters in his party while trying to court social moderates.

*scratching my head* I bet it is such a hard choice for the pragmatic individual to look at the bigger picture... :rolleyes:

Every person with half a brain knows that both parties are pretty awful, aren't looking out for your interests, and only occasionally do something that incidentally helps the common man. It's choice of the lesser of two evils, and both parties are very close on a large set of issues with minor differences that are enough to get people like you riled up.

Go ahead, vote for the lesser of two evils, but please don't pretend that it's such a clear choice because Obama is such an awesome dude.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Also you know, the Obama administration has already cut Medicare, stepped up drone attacks far beyond the levels that even Bush dreamed about, stepped up conflicts in more countries than bush, assassinated american citizens without trial, and aggressively gone after whistle-blowers.

But hey, I can find a couple of things that are marginally positive so I can ignore all the bad parts!

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Also you know, the Obama administration has already cut Medicare, stepped up drone attacks far beyond the levels that even Bush dreamed about, stepped up conflicts in more countries than bush, assassinated american citizens without trial, and aggressively gone after whistle-blowers.

But hey, I can find a couple of things that are marginally positive so I can ignore all the bad parts!

No it hasn't, no it didn't, what the hell are you talking about, made possible by the expansion of the executive branch under President Bush, and not at all new. Did nothing about the worst banking crisis since 1929? Yes he did- he implemented the plan the Bush Administration started- the bailout.

So, while you're just about as completely wrong as is possible given what you're talking about likely out of some kind of zeal to lambaste the President... I didn't come here to make fun of your lack of insight.

No, I came to post that it's all irrelevant. And the Republicans know it. Between Romney and Obama... there's no contest. This isn't a race anymore. It's a countdown to 2016. Ryan on the ballot only cemented that vibe. Since the primaries no one anywhere of any repute has been excited about a Romney presidency because he can't win. Fox News only has so many voters, ahem, viewers and those viewers haven't been inspired by Romney- instead they've just been trained to hate Obama. That might have worked... if there were more of them.

With zero point zero, zero percent of precincts reporting in, I'm ready to call the Election 53-46.

Oh, and that thing where you artfully suggested that Republicans were better friends to the gay community than the Obama administration? If that was a joke, it was both funny and well executed. This forum is nothing if not good for a laugh.

JSZ​

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
No it hasn't,

PPACA is partially funded through cuts to various portions of Medicare, and Obama has voiced support for cuts to both Medicare and SS in the past.

Of coruse Ryan wants to cut Medicare too, I know that.

no it didn't

Look at how wrong you are.

, what the hell are you talking about,

Stepped up Afghanistan, moved right over the border into Pakistan, also Yemen, Somalia, Libya.

made possible by the expansion of the executive branch under President Bush,

No, not even Bush tried to do that. And if you think Obama hasn't been expanding the executive branch and reinforcing what Bush did, lol.

and not at all new.

Oh well, I guess it's OK then.(I assume you mean the whistleblowers here)

Did nothing about the worst banking crisis since 1929? Yes he did- he implemented the plan the Bush Administration started- the bailout.

Oh, so you're counting "enabling it to happen again by letting the banks drink themselves sober" then yeah he totally did. Here I thought you were going to go with the "Dodd-Frank is actually tough regulation" defense, which would have allowed me to make fun of you as well.

So, while you're just about as completely wrong as is possible given what you're talking about likely out of some kind of zeal to lambaste the President... I didn't come here to make fun of your lack of insight.

Not only am I not wrong, I don't have some sort of special zeal to lambaste the president. He's a terrible person, just like most any other president. He's a good actor so he had a lot of people fooled at first, and still does.

My only zeal is pointing out that Obama isn't more than marginally better than the alternative, and only some other issues, and noticeably worse on others.

Your choice is between a shitty corporatist asshole, and a shitty corporatist asshole.

No, I came to post that it's all irrelevant. And the Republicans know it. Between Romney and Obama... there's no contest. This isn't a race anymore. It's a countdown to 2016. Ryan on the ballot only cemented that vibe. Since the primaries no one anywhere of any repute has been excited about a Romney presidency because he can't win. Fox News only has so many voters, ahem, viewers and those viewers haven't been inspired by Romney- instead they've just been trained to hate Obama. That might have worked... if there were more of them.

With zero point zero, zero percent of precincts reporting in, I'm ready to call the Election 53-46.

No shit, I've said as much in other threads here.

Oh, and that thing where you artfully suggested that Republicans were better friends to the gay community than the Obama administration? If that was a joke, it was both funny and well executed. This forum is nothing if not good for a laugh.

This forum nothing if not good for finding people with devastating reading disabilities.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said Log Cabin Republicans, who brought a case to federal court that forced Obama's hand, just as Biden forced him to spit out a wishywashy gay marriage endorsement. The guy has spent 4 years in office being about the weakest friend to gays that a Democrat could be without losing votes, and anyone up on LGBT issues knows this. Most of my activist friends are rightly upset about how weak he's been, and it's pretty insulting to imply he's anything more than a weak ally who does things when he has to.

Now I think LCR's are as silly as the next guy, but the fact is they were more effective in forcing the issue than any Democratic group.

kayman

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oooooh here is the part where you find all the differences there are, which is totally relevant because I said they were 100% exactly the same in every possible with with no difference whatsoever and not you missing the point entirely.

He can say what he wants, but he would have bailed out Detroit too. You really think a guy who spent his entire life as a capitalist was going to let the auto industry fail?

Obama is 100% OK with people being corporations as well. He also wants to regulate them less. Like Romney.

Wonderful, I have no problem with this one.

Um...you do know that law went into affect under Bush, right?

You mean the Log Cabin Republicans? Who brought a case to the federal level and forced the issue that Obama was being pretty casual about, a guy who spent his political career up to 6mos ago repeating the bigotted idea that gays shouldn't be married? What a great champion of gay rights, and totally not a guy doing the absolute minimum to please the gay voters in his party while trying to court social moderates.

Every person with half a brain knows that both parties are pretty awful, aren't looking out for your interests, and only occasionally do something that incidentally helps the common man. It's choice of the lesser of two evils, and both parties are very close on a large set of issues with minor differences that are enough to get people like you riled up.

Go ahead, vote for the lesser of two evils, but please don't pretend that it's such a clear choice because Obama is such an awesome dude.

Thanks for playing, but I don't argue with Republican shills. Your argument lacks objectivity and it has been shown with your cherry-picking.

If you are pro-Republican/socially conservative leaning admit it and be done rather than attempting to throw salt because you don't like Romney and feels that "Obama should look like the lesser of the two evils" for the weak justification of a long-winded argument. It would be one thing if Obama has worked with an even plain with a Congress that shows some willingness to bipartisanship, but this is getting to point of monotony.

Oh yeah, I'm not a Democrat so I know how horrible both political parties are...

This anti-Obama without looking at the big picture shit has some hidden connotations and I can see them from a mile away.

Last edited: